• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UPDATED 12/26!~The Old Melee Texture Hacks Thread~

RuKeN

Smash Journeyman
take a look at the first post in this thread and you will see that the Sasuke fox has already been made!
yes, your texture is my favourite for fox

but i like a naruto texture for fox(beacaus naruto kyuubi is a fox) and sasuke for falco (for playing matches naruto vs sasuke in melee)

Rykard

Smash Ace
oh haha that makes sense. btw i haven't made any textures, i just linked them. do you think you can change that D1? i feel bad cause it's like i'm taking credit for someone elses hard work. Rather than Rykard's contributions, just say that they are textures that we couldn't find the owner of or something

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
Whatever happened to Qual? I went through the whole topic scouring for textures to make a collection, and he had some awesome ones. Then he just sorta disappeared in April =/.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
I am really bad with computer stuff. I mean really bad. I can not get the textures for the project 64 to work. However I just got a bunch of blank game cube disks. I wish to try to burn a texture hack (I will try once again I am awful with computers.) to a game cube disk, however the instructions say how to do it with a wii. I do not own a wii. Does any one know how to burn an texture hack on a blank game cube disk with out the usage of a wii?

Codi

Smash Ace
this has probably asked a lot in this thread but i think i have one of the newer versions of the wii and when i try to download/install the cios/miospatcher on homebrew it just freezes whenever i try downloading it anyway around this or am i screwed to not be able to texture hack forever =[?

Rykard

Smash Ace
I am really bad with computer stuff. I mean really bad. I can not get the textures for the project 64 to work. However I just got a bunch of blank game cube disks. I wish to try to burn a texture hack (I will try once again I am awful with computers.) to a game cube disk, however the instructions say how to do it with a wii. I do not own a wii. Does any one know how to burn an texture hack on a blank game cube disk with out the usage of a wii?
this has probably asked a lot in this thread but i think i have one of the newer versions of the wii and when i try to download/install the cios/miospatcher on homebrew it just freezes whenever i try downloading it anyway around this or am i screwed to not be able to texture hack forever =[?
While i wish i could personally help you guys out, i can at least refer you to this thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=247119

It's basically the sister thread to this one where people post how to do the actual hacking. This thread is more or less of a showcase for the textures made

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Bumping this thread because it is awesome! That and I wish to see what might be in store for us in the future.

Rog

Smash Rookie

nube

Smash Apprentice
Nice textures, Rog! I'm not really familiar with those anime characters, but that is one mean looking Giga Bowser! Keep at it :)

Rog

Smash Rookie
@nube: Those are characters from the Naruto. The akatsuki group. Thanks nube I appreciate it.

RuKeN

Smash Journeyman
what is the page of texture sasuke fox?

no download link, i search the web

DarK LinK -X-

Smash Apprentice
Ruken, I would have to do it from scratch to get rid of the "m", cause I have it saved as 1 layer in a tga file. Sorry man. = /

Rog

Smash Rookie
@Dark Link -X- now that'd cool! Pretty original I now say.

CheeseBurger

Banned via Administration

RuKeN

Smash Journeyman
Dark link

you can create Goku(fox) and Majin Vegeta(falco), the hair of two no change but the clothes yes

DarK LinK -X-

Smash Apprentice
Cell would be a fun challenge to take on, but I just wanted to make Fox and Falco possessed with Majin powers if they were ever in the same universe as the DBZ characters. =P

Tichinde925

Smash Legend
Way to not include Kira!

Caution: Copy and Paste Alert of Kira pack made by me, qual, and S./Steelia

---

This entire project is all thanks to ZoSo, without him, Kira would never be in SSBM!

I did all of the Audio editing, and qual and S./Steelia did the textures.

First, check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sp8TVkG9tc

qual was kind enough to record this for us. It goes over the audio changes as well as well as what the new texture looks like.

Download Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OBD9FKE0

Pack contains several different Audio Changes as well as two different Texture changes.

Character Select Screen:

"Kira Ditto's" is stated in Top Left hand Corner!

Prototype:

Finished:

smakis

Smash Ace
posting here aswell since the thread is more focused towards textures (even though i know it's just a gallery). When trying to make popo black he turned dark blue instead, made everything black and white then lowered brightness and this was the end result

half of the mallet is skin colored, and i have no clue why lol

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
posting here aswell since the thread is more focused towards textures (even though i know it's just a gallery). When trying to make popo black he turned dark blue instead, made everything black and white then lowered brightness and this was the end result

*Popo texture*

half of the mallet is skin colored, and i have no clue why lol
Certain characters feature body glows. For one instance, Yoshi's body glows a different color, depending on the color slot used.

Basically, if you make Black Yoshi replace Light Blue Yoshi, you'll get the Light Blue Yoshi's lighting, which will make Yoshi not appear fully black.

Likewise, Falco's face has that dilemma, along with the Ice Climbers.

smakis

Smash Ace
thanks for the explanation, couldnt get my head around it lol

by the way is it possible to make the back NOT mirror itself?

D1

I'm back guys had a busy summer. Time to start going through all the stuff I have yet to add to the first post.

RuKeN

Smash Journeyman
the link of power red ranger falcon texture is a texture of pinstripe falcon :S

SleepyK

I'm not having too much success here, but i'm not that good at texture hacks anyway!
I'm sure it'll be found sooner or later...

RuKeN

Smash Journeyman
good work smakis

i request a texture for fox orange is Goku, the hair of fox will black and black eyes

or fox is naruto kiuuby :D

Rykard

Smash Ace
idk smakis, i kind of like it that way. It makes it more teams friendly because popo is still blue. Just my opinion. I love the idea of them being yin and yang

Top Bottom