• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Update 1.0.4 Released!

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
Nice to see Shulk get buffed in damage it seems!

Now tell me, has Luigi or Greninja been buffed or nerfed?
Does Luigi's down throw still send people upwards where he can set up combos and juggles? Did his recovery improve?
As for Greninja, can someone use his down aerial on the ground and immediately follow up with a Shadow Sneak? Shadow Sneak cancels out the landing lag of his down aerial and I heard that was removed in the Wii U version.
Can confirm greninja can no longer cancel lag from whiffed d-air with shadow sneak
Also I do not currently have the older version on me so I can not confirm changes that would need both versions to confirm.

Last edited:

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
Nice to see Shulk get buffed in damage it seems!

Now tell me, has Luigi or Greninja been buffed or nerfed?
Does Luigi's down throw still send people upwards where he can set up combos and juggles? Did his recovery improve?
As for Greninja, can someone use his down aerial on the ground and immediately follow up with a Shadow Sneak? Shadow Sneak cancels out the landing lag of his down aerial and I heard that was removed in the Wii U version.
Greninja got nerfed hard. Can't do a lot of his previous shadow sneak techs. Dair spiking is harder and usmash has more ending lag.

Last edited:

VivaReverie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GreenTL
Yes and no. Luigi looks unchanged.
Yes this is true, you can't cancel any air landing lag with Shadow Sneak anymore. This goes for all air attacks, not just dair.
He otherwise looks unchanged, however.
Edit: No wait, yeah his up smash got hit hard, forgot to check it.

A little behind on posts due to amount of requests, sorry I'll try catching up xD

Last edited:

VivaReverie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GreenTL
Can you confirm any changes to Diddy Kong, VivaReverie?
Diddy looks unchanged. I thought this was weird, I went to check an earlier post that stated otherwise.

Diddy Kongs full charged Penaut gun now does 13% instead of 11%.
It also seems like his banana does more damage, and his Utilt has an improved hitbox. Would someone mind checking?
Also his Dtilt does either 5-6% damage, not sure why it's not a set number, or if it's even new.
Peanut gun fully charged (Depending on the distance) does between 11 and 13, on both versions (I'm playing with two 3DSes side by side) and they're identical in damage. Banana is same in damage (5-7%, depends on distance and whether it's chucked or not) and the Dtilt appears to always be 6% for me.

Sucks about Ness being nerfed a bit, any Mario related changes by the way?
Mario looks like he's unchanged. Phew, caught back up finally.

Last edited by a moderator:

Augi Jr.

Smash Cadet
Can you check if Sonic's dash attack ending lag was reduced or not? It feels like the ending lag on it was reduced ever so slightly in 1.0.4, but i may be imagining it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I've yet to update my game but has anyone seen any changes to Luigi?

Belgrim

Smash Apprentice
I made a thread about 1.0.3 and someone was all " this doesn't warrant a thread "

Please nerf Lucario, please nerf Lucario, please nerf Lucario, please nerf Lucario, please nerf Lucario, please nerf Lucario.
Why? I've never seen him in online since I can't freaking do online.

Last edited by a moderator:

VivaReverie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GreenTL
Can you check if Sonic's dash attack ending lag was reduced or not? It feels like the ending lag on it was reduced ever so slightly in 1.0.4, but i may be imagining it.
Recovery is identical, it must be another case of placebo.

I've yet to update my game but has anyone seen any changes to Luigi?
Not as far as I can see.

Quickly just throwing this info out there, I'm not checking knockback/kill percentages on characters, I'm checking recovery and a basic % changes. Mostly recovery. Checking recovery is easiest on two 3DSes, and (IMO) is one of the more important things (Unless you're super combo-savvy) when learning characterstuffs.
Also, checking knockback/kill percentages takes far longer than testing recovery times.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Luigis jab, fair and fsmash have gottene damage buffs. Fair used to do 7 now it does 9, fsmash did 19 fully charged and now does 21, and his jab combo does 10% as opposed to 8 as for sonic it feels like his utilt has less cooldown, and uair KOs more consistently off the top above 120, dash attack feels the same though.

Last edited:

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
they literally took all of greninja's tools away from him with nothing to compensate for it. i don't know what they expect people to do with this character now. are diddy and sheik still exactly the same? why did they hit greninja specifically...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The patch comes to around 650 blocks or over 81 megabytes. They must have done a lot of changes here and there.

Last Place

Smash Rookie
I will be away from my 3DS for a couple of days. I just want to know a few things about Game and Watch if anyone would be kind enough to help me out.

-Does G&W Oil Panic Bucket have less punishing frames (before charged) *does he pull it back in quicker*
-Has he received any potential knockback buffs (his kill potential makes me cri everytime)
-Has he received any damage buffs
-Did they nerf his recovery

If anyone could answer any of these... well, that would be great.

Iguana

Smash Cadet
Can't seem to find anything drastically different with Wii Fit Trainer. I think all of her smashes (uncharged and fully charged) are down 1% in damage, except for her fully charged D-Smash and uncharged middle U-Smash nevermind they all do same damage as before, I compared them with old stats.

Other than that, tilts do same damage, jabs same, aerials same, throws same (grab range still sucks), specials do same damage, Deep Breathing still gives x1.2 damage and increased walk speed. Although I think Deep Breathing is actually a bit faster. It kinda feels slightly faster for me at least. Header headbutt still spikes, although I think it's a lot harder (or no longer possible) to pull off when you hit them with both the ball and the headbutt at the same time. In my experience, in For Glory (I've played every single For Glory match with WFT) I've managed to land every Header spike I landed in that specific situation and it seemed quite easy. It's like, you hit them with the ball first and then with the headbutt, and now it's the other way, headbutt first and ball last, which means you get the ball knockback and not the spike.

Regarding knockback values, everything seems to be the same, although I wouldn't be surprised if there were some slight modifications (don't know how to test this, sorry people)

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
.... So raging is gone.... Which was one of Ganon's best tools, and he was already one of the worst characters in the game(I'm a Ganon main, and I know that while viable, he is definitely low tier and lower mid at est) He didn't get buffed right? Just nair is a little faster, and other "low tier" characters got buffed to heaven and "high tier" characters like Sheik barely got touched. What are you thinking Sakurai?!

Inject the Waste

Smash Rookie
they literally took all of greninja's tools away from him with nothing to compensate for it. i don't know what they expect people to do with this character now. are diddy and sheik still exactly the same? why did they hit greninja specifically...
Just out of curiosity can someone with pre patch and post patch check the range on Gren's shurikens depending on charge, swear uncharged has a longer throw distance compared to before But I can't be sure. but yeah Greninja has been hit VERY hard in this patch,

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
So outside of the (useless) Lloid ledge tactic, are there any real changes to Villager?
Does Lloid still deal decent knockback if someone destroys it? Is the grab speed actually buffed? And is the Rage mechanic actually cut? That last one seems excessive.

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman
Some already knew this, but for Mega Man..on top of the Leaf Shield's buffed IASA frame his upair launches the entire movie of Twister now.

It's pretty noticably increased in size in other words.

Last edited:

VivaReverie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GreenTL
Sorry for suddenly being slow on posts (Also for the occasional double-post, sry mods), but I'm recording the changes I have found and am about to upload them. I'll need to head off afterwards however.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Sorry for suddenly being slow on posts (Also sorry for the occasional double-post, sry mods), but I'm recording the changes I have found and am about to upload them. I'll need to head off afterwards however.
As a small reminder, you can edit your own posts. If no one replies after you, you can edit your last post to add more stuff.

ShadoPivot

Smash Rookie
NNID
Shado-pivot
All I want for Christmas is a Lucina buff, and no Sheik nerf plz, I just started loving her :/

EDIT:
After playing around with Lucina her fair seems to come out faster and safer on shield, could just be my imagination, but I've played over 1000 matches with probably 900 being with her, something's changed

Last edited:

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
Some already knew this, but for Mega Man..on top of the Leaf Shield's buffed IASA frame his upair launches the entire movie of Twister now.

It's pretty noticably increased in size in other words.
UAir still does not launch through the whole thing.

Top Bottom