• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Update 1.0.4 Released!

VivaReverie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GreenTL
Can someone test Leaf Shield startup times for Megaman?
Edit: His u-air animation now matches the Wii U version, and his pellets are the same range. Nair sweetspot does 4% and jab sweetspot does 3%, can someone test if this was actually changed as well?
Leaf Shield startup is identical, Leaf Shield recovery (After shooting it) is dramatically decreased. Megaman mains rejoice.

Edit: Yeah his pellets are identical in damage, sweetspot or not.

Last edited:

Senko Zero

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4940-5527-1789
To add another change to the Ike list, his jab string seems to be fixed. The kick (second hit) doesn't send as far as it did in 1.03 so the third hit seems much more assured.

Could be wrong as I'm just playing the computer.

If someone could test it would be appreciated.

EDIT: Ike's Dtilt now sends the opponent straight up instead of forward.

Last edited:

Knee Smasher

Smash Ace
NNID
UltimateChampion
3DS FC
2594-9924-0738
Can someone confirm if they nerfed the speed or range of Charizard's jab in any way?

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Last edited:

KERO

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for posting this again, but I just want to know if Greninja's standing grab range has increased at all.

D

Deleted member

Bair to side tilt is still viable, but nowhere near as fast unfortunately.
Oh well. At least for the most part Pac seems mostly untouched, but this change just seems kinda unnecessary.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fangblade

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3454-0350-2864
Diddy Kongs full charged Penaut gun now does 13% instead of 11%.
It also seems like his banana does more damage, and his Utilt has an improved hitbox. Would someone mind checking?
Also his Dtilt does either 5-6% damage, not sure why it's not a set number, or if it's even new.

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
Oh well. At least for the most part Pac seems mostly untouched, but that change just seems kinda unnecessary.
That change was the first thing I looked for for a reason.
Throwing out hydrant in all defensive situations and making anyone surrender pressure is dumb.
Now you actually have to think when you throw out hydrant.

kamus_aran

Smash Apprentice
Can someone confirm if they buffed or nerfed or did nothing with my Palutena :(?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

VivaReverie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GreenTL
Trying out stupid things, decided to try Ganondorf as he's pretty universally low tier.

I found a single change... His nair has less landing recovery. Just a couple of frames, and the only change I can find too.
Dorf mains rejoice?

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
I think I can just about confirm Dedede's D-throw has in fact been changed to send opponents more upwards and less forwards. It is easier to notice at higher percents.

VivaReverie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GreenTL
Sorry for posting this again, but I just want to know if Greninja's standing grab range has increased at all.
Sort of hard to test but I tried my best, I couldn't find any change in range of his standing grab at all.

WwwWario

Smash Ace
Anyone testing Ganindorf? Heard someone mentioned a few frames less Nair landing lag, but anything more?

VivaReverie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GreenTL
Can someone confirm if they buffed or nerfed or untouched my Palutena :(?

Thanks in advance
Looks to me like Palutena was untouched.
Anyone testing Ganindorf? Heard someone mentioned a few frames less Nair landing lag, but anything more?
Trying out stupid things, decided to try Ganondorf as he's pretty universally low tier.

I found a single change... His nair has less landing recovery. Just a couple of frames, and the only change I can find too.
Dorf mains rejoice?
^Yes that's all I could find. No other air has different recovery, his Bs seem identical, down B into the ground has same recovery etc.

Last edited:

VivaReverie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GreenTL
Any Meta Knight buffs? Did his range improve?
MK AFAIK is untouched. Tried a buncha things out, looks and feels samey.
Any changes to Pit or Zero Suit?
Gonna test more things out, but immediately I found a nerf on ZSS. Her blaster has more recovery frames, albeit it's very slight.

Edit: I see no other changes on ZSS.

Last edited:

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997

Gonna test more things out, but immediately I found a nerf on ZSS. Her blaster has more recovery frames, albeit it's very slight.
Great work you're doing! Don't wanna sound pushy, but anything happen with Marth?

Hyruleslink

Smash Journeyman

Bummer. Hopefully they decreased the recovery for Pit's Upperdash Arm.

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
Ness mains, Ness' d-throw has been nerfed damage-wise! Instead of the 9% it originally dealt, it now deals 7%.

VivaReverie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GreenTL
Great work you're doing! Don't wanna sound pushy, but anything happen with Marth?
Keep the requests coming, happy to help.
Marth's everything seems unchanged, nothing has extended or reduced recovery, damage looks same too.
Bummer. Hopefully they decreased the recovery for Pit's Upperdash Arm.
On Pit now, and no, recovery on Upperdash Arm on whiff and on hit is identical in both versions unfortunately. I'm about to try out other things.
Ness mains, Ness' d-throw has been nerfed damage-wise! Instead of the 9% it originally dealt, it now deals 7%.
I can confirm this, tis tru.

Last edited:

Hyruleslink

Smash Journeyman
Keep the requests coming, happy to help.
Marth's everything seems unchanged, nothing has extended or reduced recovery, damage looks same too.

On Pit now, and no, recovery on Upperdash Arm on whiff and on hit is identical in both versions unfortunately. I'm about to try out other things.

I can confirm this, tis tru.
Bummer again. Lol. Thanks for the for the updates :)

VivaReverie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GreenTL
Pit overall looks untouched. To kill two birds with one stone I also tried out Dark Pit, he also looks untouched.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nice to see Shulk get buffed in damage it seems!

Now tell me, has Luigi or Greninja been buffed or nerfed?
Does Luigi's down throw still send people upwards where he can set up combos and juggles? Did his recovery improve?
As for Greninja, can someone use his down aerial on the ground and immediately follow up with a Shadow Sneak? Shadow Sneak cancels out the landing lag of his down aerial and I heard that was removed in the Wii U version.

Top Bottom