• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Update 1.0.4 Released!

Rakurai

Smash Ace
The fact that it's the first update that's preventing replays from older builds of the game from working strongly implies that it is actually changing the characters in some way.

It's also the first time "game balance" is mentioned in the patch notes.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Sakurai tweeted it out here. English notes were distributed via SpotPass and can be viewed by pressing Y on the Smash 3DS main menu.
"We are planning to release the next patch (Ver. 1.0.4) within the month.
This patch will adjust the game balance by refining the strengths of some fighters. It also includes various other gameplay fixes. Please see the notices on the next page."
and then...
"[NOTICES] -Local Wireless will not work if a player who has updated to 1.0.4 tries to battle a player with an older version.
-Receiving patch 1.0.4 will disable playback of replays saved using older versions.
-This patch is required for online play." from the main menu alert on Smash 3DS.
edit: a similar thread with the Japanese patch language was recently posted without the twitter link, but if mods feel the threads are too similar y'all can take mine down.

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2lxzo0/in_case_anyone_is_curious_patch_104_was_just/

Rakurai

Smash Ace
I have a feeling Wario is probably to lose his momentum glitch, but if they make it so you can grab the bike parts like the tip says you can, it's a worthwhile trade-off.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I don't think it's released, but it is coming out this month.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
So I guess this confirms that the Wii-U release is legitimately patched.

TurnUp

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking: Oh it's just patching Amiibo support in.

After I saw replays being disabled this HAS to be a balance patch.

Dyz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dyz-89
3DS FC
1950-9945-5854
The fact that it's the first update that's preventing replays from older builds of the game from working strongly implies that it is actually changing the characters in some way.
It's also the first time "game balance" is mentioned in the patch notes.
good thing i read this, even if there is no character changes, if my old replays wont work i better make a montage and upload them all before this new patch does become available, i am curious i wonder what is going to be changed? if anything at all
thanks for the heads up though

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
here's hoping that they make custom moves reasonable to get

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
https://twitter.com/Nintendo/status/532052324957433856

This patch will adjust the game balance by refining the strengths of some fighters. It also includes various other gameplay fixes. Please see the notices on the next page."

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/axcj/update/index.html

"[NOTICES]

-Local Wireless will not work if a player who has updated to 1.0.4 tries to battle a player with an older version.

-Receiving patch 1.0.4 will disable playback of replays saved using older versions.

-This patch is required for online play." from the main menu alert on Smash 3DS."

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
*it's happening gif*

Very interested in seeing who gets nerfed/buffed.

(Cancelable Flare Blitz PLZ Sakurai) :006::006::006:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
https://twitter.com/Nintendo/status/532052324957433856

and then...

"[NOTICES]

-Local Wireless will not work if a player who has updated to 1.0.4 tries to battle a player with an older version.

-This patch is required for online play." from the main menu alert on Smash 3DS."
Oh my, balance patches are real?

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
I swear to god if sheik gets nerfed due to all the scrubs complaining about her i'm foing to rage quit. sakurai already ruined marth and falco for me as is and i can't tolerate getting another character i actually enjoy immensely trashed again

WwwWario

Smash Ace
Last edited:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
^rosalina does not need nerfs, people just need to learn to deal with her gimmick and stop ********. so tired of this ****. people like ganon, mk, and falco just need buffs and tools to deal with stuff better.

WwwWario

Smash Ace
^rosalina does not need nerfs, people just need to learn to deal with her gimmick and stop *****ing. so tired of this ****. people like ganon, mk, and falco just need buffs and tools to deal with stuff better.
You have a point. Though, does MK need buffing? But Dorf and Falco could need some buffing, yes.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
^rosalina does not need nerfs, people just need to learn to deal with her gimmick and stop *****ing. so tired of this ****. people like ganon, mk, and falco just need buffs and tools to deal with stuff better.
Friend. That's not how balance works. At least, not if you don't want the game growing out of hand. Please calm down with your swearing.

Rosalina's "gimmick," while powerful, would not be obnoxious if she didn't have such great properties on a lot of her moves and good system mechanics.

This announcement is going to make a large number of people happy and excited. Let them have their day. You don't need to rain on people's parade.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
No matter what changes the developers make there will always be a group of people that end up mad over "x" character not receiving nerfs/buffs.

That's the rough part about balance patches... You really can't please everyone.

Lets just hope these are changes for the better. No need to get mad over someone's opinion especially considering this is out of our hands at this point.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Please don't **** everything up mr. Sakurai.
Also gravity and running momentum.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Please, please let there be a decrease in Ike's attack end lag and increase the range on Lucario's neutral air from craptastic to at least decent! Its visuals lies so much!

Last edited:

Spirst

Really wondering what's going to happen to Greninja and Duck Hunt. I'm going to have nightmares of Greninja's hydro pump windbox being reduced.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
You have a point. Though, does MK need buffing? But Dorf and Falco could need some buffing, yes.
MK currently seems to have very little going for him with very little range, damage, and kill power. if he just had a bit more in one of those aspects(IMO, i'd say range is his big issue especially due to having criminally mismatched animations to his hitboxes at the moment) he'd be decent atleast but right now it feels like playing as MK leaves one at a very significant disadvantage against most characters. on another note i hope megaman's rush coil out of hit stun glitch/exploit gets fixed at least and that maybe rolls will get a frame or two of motre vulnerability.
@ Spirst Spirst : you and me both. i'm worried about the ninjas and duckhunt especially due to bad players whining about them a ton and the dev team possibly listening. hopefully sakurai doesn't mess things up.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I hear Yoshi's glitches were cleared up for the Wii U version, which is what I assume this is going to coincide with.
That's fine tbh. Even tho it's already known, it's not like it was used often in a match while the custom move one would be a bannable offense in tournaments for stalling.

TurnUp

Smash Apprentice
I think they will patch the whole Greninja down air side b thing, the megaman up-b get out of jail free card, the yoshi glitch stuff and unfortunately I think the Wario flying shenigans will end with this patch.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I think they will patch the whole Greninja down air side b thing, the megaman up-b get out of jail free card, the yoshi glitch stuff and unfortunately I think the Wario flying shenigans will end with this patch.
Wario's Momentum glitch is gone in the WiiU version, chances are this patch is gonna take that out as well.

EarthBoundRules

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4399-0517-2480
Remember guys: a balance patch this early means things will be changed multiple times from here on out, so even if you are disappointed with some of the changes they can be rebalanced.

That being said, I'm super excited to see what changes are in store! I trust the balancing team as the first version is already the most balanced official Smash roster to date.

Lichi

This is my war snarl
It'd surprise me if there were any balance patches besides fixing glitched & unintended stuff. But this sure is exciting.

Agosta44

Smash Ace
Coming from Mario Kart 8 the chances of them actually balancing or removing unintended mechanics are moot. They'll probably fix the obvious glitches like warping but that's about it.

EarthBoundRules

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4399-0517-2480
To me, the fact that Sakurai says the patch includes 'game balancing' and 'some fixes' separately indicates that more than glitches will be changed. We'll just have to wait and see!

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I wonder if they found Meta Knight's sword yet?

Last edited:

RanserSSF4

Banned via Administration
NNID
RanserSSF4
as much as i am excited to hear this, i am going to remain open-minded and optimistic until this patch comes out. i definitly do predict most of the glitches being gone.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Please nerf Lucario, please nerf Lucario, please nerf Lucario, please nerf Lucario, please nerf Lucario, please nerf Lucario.

Soul.

Ooooh, game balances? I wonder if the Down B lag cancel is still going be in.
Either way, I would like to see some buffs for Pikachu.

Top Bottom