• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Update 1.0.4 Released!

VivaReverie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GreenTL
As a small reminder, you can edit your own posts. If no one replies after you, you can edit your last post to add more stuff.
Yeah I gotcha, at points the thread was moving so quickly where I thought I wasn't double-posting when I actually was, which is how that happened.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Any Yoshi changes? My other mains were already covered, but I didnt quite understand the Pacman changes. I heard it was a nerf, but I didnt understand it clearly

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
Any Yoshi changes? My other mains were already covered, but I didnt quite understand the Pacman changes. I heard it was a nerf, but I didnt understand it clearly
only thing I checked on yoshi was his DAir damage and it was nerfed.
actually it wasnt

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Why the **** not? You sound like a casual elitist here.
I am casual because I don't want stupid and pointless mechanics to be added back to the game? If that is what you think, then sure, mate.

VivaReverie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GreenTL
Since I have some time and this video is taking forever to upload:

Is it just me or does sonics dsmash feels like it has less cooldown. He seems to stand back up a lot faster.
That's just another case of placebo effect, it's identical.
My only question for who are testing with both versions is if Megaman's D-Tilt has more or less recoverylag
D-Tilt looks same to me.
-Does G&W Oil Panic Bucket have less punishing frames (before charged) *does he pull it back in quicker*
-Did they nerf his recovery
No and no, they both also look identical.
Just out of curiosity can someone with pre patch and post patch check the range on Gren's shurikens depending on charge, swear uncharged has a longer throw distance compared to before But I can't be sure. but yeah Greninja has been hit VERY hard in this patch,
Nope again, definitely same distance in both versions.
[Regarding Villager] Is the grab speed actually buffed?
Nope, same again. Wow, I chose all the wrong ones to test xD
Any changes to Peach? I'm hoping for a quicker turnip pull most of all.
Turnip pull is same.

And finally
Any news on my main man Pac?

Sorry, I just woke up. I'm curious if there's a list of changes yet.
Yes, unfortunately, his hydrant can't fly away from a single bair hit anymore. He's otherwise unchanged (AFAIK).

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Glad to see Ike getting some buffs! I'm just waiting for patch 1.0.WiiU
I hear they are buffing the analog stick.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Has anyone checked ACTUAL gameplay rather than training mode to see if rage is still in? I see no reason why they should remove it.

IF it's false I wanna nip it in the bud.

King_Peachee

Smash Journeyman
NNID
King_Peachee
3DS FC
3754-9306-5412
Luigis jab, fair and fsmash have gottene damage buffs. Fair used to do 7 now it does 9, fsmash did 19 fully charged and now does 21, and his jab combo does 10% as opposed to 8 as for sonic it feels like his utilt has less cooldown, and uair KOs more consistently off the top above 120, dash attack feels the same though.
Can anyone else confirm this for Luigi?

preternaturalism

Smash Rookie
might as well post the same here for those that might not know yet...

"i don't know if this has been mentioned already, but 'ness' no longer gets aerial dodge landing lag from doing a short hop > aerial dodge after the aerial dodge animation has already come to an end. so "dodge canceling" that no longer seems to be a necessity.

edit: i'm not sure if this is because the animation itself has been shortened, but i seem to able to do short hop > aerial dodge > u-tilt (and land the u-tilt). i can't recall if this was possible before, but if my memory serves me right, only n-airs would come out at that point in the past."

KirbyCheatFurbyMeat

Smash Cadet
What's the general consensus of Ness? Did he get any buffs or did he get nerfs?

I'm curious on if there's any changes to Mega Man as well.

VivaReverie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GreenTL
While I'm at it:
as for sonic it feels like his utilt has less cooldown
Nope, just tested now, recovery is identical.

What's the general consensus of Ness? Did he get any buffs or did he get nerfs?

I'm curious on if there's any changes to Mega Man as well.
The main noticeable change Ness has is his dthrow getting nerfed, 9% to 7%.
Megaman has a *Gasp* usable Leaf Shield now (His recovery on shooting it is way less), and although I haven't tested it apparently his uair is better?

vypex

Smash Cadet
Didn't feel like going through entire Topic as its pretty long already, so just in case someone has already stated this, Sheik's bouncing fish got nerfed pretty bad, might be due to to sheik's weight being reduced but even at 120 hitting bouncing fish after launcing opponent off the edge i couldn't get the KO landing bouncing fish off the platform, didn't land the KO strike with bouncing fish until 150ish

BKTang'

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Konjiki-Jizo
3DS FC
1950-9517-4990
It is not a very important question, but are we now allowed to use Judgement 9 in HRC mode? I mean, the number is always a 6 for now, and it's kinda annoying.

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
Didn't feel like going through entire Topic as its pretty long already, so just in case someone has already stated this, Sheik's bouncing fish got nerfed pretty bad, might be due to to sheik's weight being reduced but even at 120 hitting bouncing fish after launcing opponent off the edge i couldn't get the KO landing bouncing fish off the platform, didn't land the KO strike with bouncing fish until 150ish
I'll test this when I get the chance unless someone else does first. I really hope they didn't nerf it :(.

VivaReverie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GreenTL
Video is uploaded, shows these changes:
Megaman: Super reduced recovery on Leaf Shield.
Ganondorf: Sliightly reduced landing lag on nair.
Pac-Man: Fresh bair no longer sends the hydrant flying.
Falco: Blaster (On ground only) is slightly faster.
ZSS: Neutral B paralyzer has slightly more recovery frames.
And here it is if you wanna take a look.

With that I'm off, seeya guys.

vypex

Smash Cadet
I'll test this when I get the chance unless someone else does first. I really hope they didn't nerf it :(.
Played 5 for glory matches so far seems so as it was one of my main killing techniques, damn shame, seems that down smash got a bit of a upgrade though, can't confirm this one as it was so useless that i hardly used it previously but seems like they upped the priority a tad, again can't confirm this but what it seemed to me

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Was Pikachu changed at all? Honestly wouldn't be mad if they did nothing at all to him in the update.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I really hate the Bowsercide nerf! As if the move wasn't difficult enough to perform, now I die from it? You've got to be joking, Sakurai!!!!

And even though I hate Wario's vectoring glitch (or wectorting), I still thought it had potential.....

Everything else is great, especially Rosalina's Luma nerf.

AlexAnthonyD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Anthony
3DS FC
1521-5082-7099
I would like to see the frame numbers in ending lag but Greninjas uSmash doesn't seem any weaker than before.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
Wow, I'm shocked at how substantial this patch is. I just expected bugfixes but this is almost a total rebalancing.

I really hate the Bowsercide nerf! As if the move wasn't difficult enough to perform, now I die from it? You've got to be joking, Sakurai!!!!
It's still advantageous if you're losing in the damage race. Ie, if you have 120% and the opponent has 30%, it's very good to land.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

And even though I hate Wario's vectoring glitch (or wectorting), I still thought it had potential.....

Everything else is great, especially Rosalina's Luma nerf.
Bowser needed a nerf. -.-;

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Soooo....How's Link, Dr. Mario and Lucina looking? I'm hoping that they didn't get nerfed for no reason. :(
Also, is it true that Shulk got buffs, and Sheik ended up getting a nerf in Bouncing Fish?

Last edited:

Astul

Smash Rookie
NNID
Astulrr
3DS FC
2552-0645-8956
well link, peach and toon link doesn't have anymore the down b landing lag cancel with the bombs/turnip that's kinda sad :/

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Has Charizard's walk speed increased or am I still thinking of his molasses Brawl version.

Top Bottom