• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Update 1.0.4 Released!

Raijinken

Smash Master
Perceived changes:
  • Falco Dair is much faster (not instant)
  • Falco laser fires and puts away faster
  • PacMan Fsmash feels like it comes out faster
  • PacMan Bair no longer launches hydrant on first kick
  • PacMan dash attack even LESS endlag (zero? at least before I thought it had a little)
  • Ike's fair and Fsmash feel faster
  • Robin's Levin Sword may scale slightly less
  • Shulk's uair and dair feel like they start up faster
  • My Sheik play is minimal but needles may have longer endlag
  • Luma takes approx 12-13 seconds to respawn now
That's it for now. I don't know damage values and thus can't test changes in that regard.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Any changes to Peach, Jiggs, Dark Pit, or Shulk?
I know that Shulk got a general power increase, and his previously flawed hitboxes like the blindspot for his down tilt and the hits of his forward smash not connecting properly are fixed.

Dark Pit remains the same.

Peach has been nerfed due to the item canceling glitch being removed, but I don't know anything else.

Last edited:

Marth Regalia

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4871-4228-5850
I know that Shulk got a general power increase, and his previously flawed hitboxes like the blindspot for his down tilt and the hits of his forward smash not connecting properly are fixed.

Dark Pit remains the same.

Peach has been nerfed due to the item canceling glitch being removed, but I don't know anything else.
Alrighty, thanks for the info.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
Considering it seems like every other high tier character has been nerfed (usually significantly) I really want to hear about Yoshi now.

Doopliss_Swe

Smash Journeyman
What I mean is that if DACUS still works with tap jump on, then I'm fine. I haven't really bothered with it at all yet since I can't do it on the 3DS.

EndgameN

Star Lord
NNID
EndgameN
3DS FC
3625-8676-1692
they literally took all of greninja's tools away from him with nothing to compensate for it. i don't know what they expect people to do with this character now. are diddy and sheik still exactly the same? why did they hit greninja specifically...
I'm not sure if it has been stated yet but upair can SH combo into itself indefinitely. If you don't get the last hit of up air there is minimal knockback so you can literally infinite to 999% on Bowser its nuts.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Everyone should go to the Patch info page on Nintendo's site and leave feedback requesting patch notes. Maybe they'll take a hint if enough people mention it.
This section
http://prntscr.com/57ncyq
Of this page
http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11692/p/430
I think we, as a community, should agree on a whole list of balance changes and then blast them with the same feedback. I think that will definitely make all of the changes happen

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I'm not sure if it has been stated yet but upair can SH combo into itself indefinitely. If you don't get the last hit of up air there is minimal knockback so you can literally infinite to 999% on Bowser its nuts.
That's hilarious.

Also, Bunny, Sheik DID get hit...

MrWhYYZ

Smash Journeyman
Could someone with access to both version verify if you have more time to combo after down tilt trips the opponent with Ness? I could have sworn I had a lot less time before....

Raijinken

Smash Master
I think we, as a community, should agree on a whole list of balance changes and then blast them with the same feedback. I think that will definitely make all of the changes happen
It's one thing to suggest changes, and quite another to request transparency regarding changes made. While I'd love for Nintendo to take community suggestions seriously, I don't think it's the least bit unreasonable to want to know what was changed in this game that people play for money. It may be extremely wishful thinking, but it's rather common practice to list changes when changes affect gameplay, especially in a competitive setting.

HdTyvek

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4270-1655-5444
question for anyone with more knowledge on this than me, i read on reddit that wectoring was taken out of the game this patch. but it also seemed to me like vectoring was removed as well, unless wectoring was vectoring... anyone with more details fill me in? thanks

kamus_aran

Smash Apprentice
Yes, Samus's homing missile is faster. I just noticed that. Hopefully it's not my imagination.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Pit's changes:

Buffs:

Nerfs:

Dark Pit's changes:

Buffs: Decreased KB on sour Ftilt, meaning it kindasortanotreally combos into jab and such like it was supposed to. Arrows redirect further.

Nerfs:

Well, no nerfs for the angels at least.

Edit: Forgot a buff.

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master
Can confirm, Vectoring still exists. Somewhat hard to test, but go into training, set yourself to a moderate damage percent, set the CPU to attack, and just keep fixing the damage til they hit you twice with the same move at the same point with you holding different directions. In this case, I was Mario at 30% and kept hitting Gordo Throw at the first bounce. Knockback direction varied as expected based on my input.

Last edited:

zerocielX

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0962-9098-5518
I saw someone mention that Lucina's fair was faster. Any other changes? (I skimmed through the thread so I may have missed something)

HdTyvek

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4270-1655-5444
Can confirm, Vectoring still exists. Somewhat hard to test, but go into training, set yourself to a moderate damage percent, set the CPU to attack, and just keep fixing the damage til they hit you twice with the same move at the same point with you holding different directions. In this case, I was Mario at 30% and kept hitting Gordo Throw at the first bounce. Knockback direction varied as expected based on my input.
yeah, you seem to be right. prolly just me not being used to dying to my friends ike so early lol

Demie Duken

Smash Cadet
NNID
DemieDuken
3DS FC
3136-7415-2711
I'm a bit upset that Luma's respawn time is increased AND he's still easy to separate from Rosalina. If anything, I would've liked his tracking to be akin to the Pikmin instead of being left mostly helpless when struck or even launched with her.

EndgameN

Star Lord
NNID
EndgameN
3DS FC
3625-8676-1692

Greninja infinite combo has been found it seems. I even tested on 999% jigglypuff in training and it won't knockback except on the last hit of up air.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
It's one thing to suggest changes, and quite another to request transparency regarding changes made. While I'd love for Nintendo to take community suggestions seriously, I don't think it's the least bit unreasonable to want to know what was changed in this game that people play for money. It may be extremely wishful thinking, but it's rather common practice to list changes when changes affect gameplay, especially in a competitive setting.
Honestly, that's just giving them more credit than they deserve, and thanks to you I don't have to. So rather than fluff what I'm about to say,

Nintendo, and in this case Smash Brothers, has a pathetic and frustrating Dev to Player communication standard. That doesn't include their genius marketing tools to hype and amp people into profit, that's when communication is top.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley

Greninja infinite combo has been found it seems. I even tested on 999% jigglypuff in training and it won't knockback except on the last hit of up air.
Shouldn't be advertised as a combo, video doesn't showcase anything. You're confusing people who don't know better. Unfortunately, this is not helpful and should be ignored. I think you are trying to help but I don't think you really are.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Does Ike run faster? It seems that way to me. Also Mega Man seems to move quicker in aerial while the leaf shield is activated, at least to me. Am I wrong?

Last edited:
Top Bottom