• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

up B cancel

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
found this trick out months ago (actually, MikeHaze showed me and he said DEHF showed him), but for those who don't know...

after MK does up B he can press down B at the same time (after his shuttle loop animation/lag ends) and he will fast-fall and land with no lag. This works because before he goes into free fall mode, (which happens after that tumble-flip thing) if he lands in that time period before the flip animation completely finishes then he will have no lag upon landing. This isn't just needed on the ground; you can even jump in the air and shuttle loop right away and still cancel with no lag, as long as you do it fast enough (not hard at all).

Staco

Smash Champion
Yeah, I love to do this.
People often try to punish the glide instead of the Up B animation.

If you use this trick they mostly dont punish you after the Up B. :)

V

Smash Ace
Sounds pretty good to me. This will probably help chasing people after SL OoS.

Jupz

Smash Master
Yeah I've been doing this since I saw ksizzle do it a few months back lol. Pretty cool, thanks M2K.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Yeah I've been doing this since I saw ksizzle do it a few months back lol. Pretty cool, thanks M2K.
lmao i spam this ****.

ah jason you let it out? :( lol

and yeah guys this is pretty broken. think of situations where you would up b a ROB or DK's shield and they would get a free up smash. well guess what. that doesnt apply anymore. while theyll be missing that up smash, you can be charging d smash already

Jupz

Smash Master
Yeah i thought i was behind the times not knowing about it until I saw your video lol, I thought everyone already knew it :p At least everyone does now.

And yeah Ksizzle your right it has saved me a lot of times. If they start predicting this then you can just glide past them again, glide cancel and Dsmash lol. Makes grounded UpBing a lot safer.

Staco

Smash Champion
lmao i spam this ****.

and yeah guys this is pretty broken. think of situations where you would up b a ROB or DK's shield and they would get a free up smash. well guess what. that doesnt apply anymore. while theyll be missing that up smash, you can be charging d smash already
Yeah, but it isnt that usefull vs. good players.
Good players learn to punish the ending of the Up B animation instead of the glide/glide attack afterwards.
So the ROB/DK could just run forward a bit after shielding the Up B to get the usmash.

Nic64

Smash Lord
I thought this was really really old? I thought this was a joke topic

Also it's still very punishable for most characters.

Side B canceling is old too since I don't feel like posting again.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Yeah, but it isnt that usefull vs. good players.
Good players learn to punish the ending of the Up B animation instead of the glide/glide attack afterwards.
So the ROB/DK could just run forward a bit after shielding the Up B to get the usmash.
you dont understand how fast this is. it ***** all players. it baits into stuff and is amazing. and who da *** is gonna do this repeatedly? if you dont mix up, your a moron

OverLade

Smash Hero
I've been doing this for a while. It's borederline broken. I actually feel gay when I can do this right into a sidestep/nair/Dsmash/up B. So good.

Staco

Smash Champion
you dont understand how fast this is. it ***** all players. it baits into stuff and is amazing. and who da *** is gonna do this repeatedly? if you dont mix up, your a moron
You never played vs. players, which punish the lag of the up B animation and not the glide animation, am I right?
And also if they dont punish it: I dont know any1, who just runs into you, if you cancel it like this. (= doesnt bait your enemy)

-Kiros-

Smash Journeyman
After you use Shuttle Loop, press down B while gliding to land w/o lag (I think... that's how it was when I tried it).

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
**** you again. -_-
I found this a while ago but I have a deep hatred for MK and I refuse to help him out (unless it is useless, then I'll tell).

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
yo m2k make a thread about snake > mk lol

dont rage quit on ally man if u keep ur cool i know u can do it cuz as soon as u get off that mind thinking u will loose no matter what

flytai45

Smash Rookie
idk why but...the way it looks when I read it in text seems really complicated but if it's not any trouble, would anyone mind either explaining it in simpler terms or making a video or anything of the sort. plz and ty.

TheMike

Smash Lord
Simple ,Up B and then instead of cancelling it with the Glide Attack, do it with Down B(actually, this also works with other special attacks and jump). You'll cancel it without any move(I mean, the Down B/other thing's animations don't appear).

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Simple ,Up B and then instead of cancelling it with the Glide Attack, do it with Down B(actually, this also works with other special attacks and jump). You'll cancel it without any move(I mean, the Down B/other thing's animations don't appear).
Are you sure? I'm pretty sure everyone knew they could cancel glide with special attack or jump to just go into a tumbling animation. Doesn't seem like a new trick to me.

ace156

Smash Apprentice
the point is to cancel the glide before it happens.

so what happens is MK takes off, does the flip, but as soon as he exits/comes to the end of the flip it is cancelled with downB. so basically just early cancel the shuttle loop instead of gliding towards the ground and THEN cancelling. its cancelling as soon as possible to eliminate gliding. (if this is wrong correct me)

Top Bottom