• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unreasonable Fears

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Cockroaches. Not the little ones, but those ones from Africa that can fly and hiss. I cringe every time i even think about one.

ugh......

dealth0072

Smash Journeyman
Bees.
I had to get my friend to play the bee part of Bioshock. It scared me so much.
I never used that plasmid again either.

Never been stung by one.
Basically anything that can fly, bzzes, and is yellow.

xxFrohawkxx

Smash Apprentice
When i was younger i had a crippling fear of fireworks those bright colors that entertained most had peirced my heart with fear, It was fire in the sky and i thought it was going to not only rain on me but everyone else!
When they would go up I would run to the nearest adult female and grab her by the legs hiding behind her.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm afraid of Volcanoes (you know, the thing with hot STUFF in it) earthquakes (makes Volcanoes HOLY **** scary [cuz you can fall down cuz of the stupid earthquake leading to magma OH NOEZ] )

and spiders.

SloT

Smash Journeyman
Everyone has some sort of fear in their life.

But there are some fears that, for the most part, make absolutely no sense at all.

So go ahead and post any sort of odd fear that you may have. Go ahead, get it off your chest.
If you know someone that has an unreasonable fear, then go ahead and post it just for fun lol

I'll start by saying that I'm kind of afraid of Mascots. They just reeeeaaallly creep me out :urg:
I guess, if you want to get technical, they don;t really scare me, but they definitely make me feel uneasy and kind of nervous xD
Ah I hate them!

Must be some sort of traumatizing childhood experience thing.......
Who knows....

EDIT:

OMG!!

D:
Mascots as well as those creepy pedophiles that are in the easter bunny suits and the ones that dress up as santa clause are freaking creepy.... I can't stand them.

D

Deleted member

Probably the most unreasonable fear you've ever heard of...

Here is a good story that you might find halirious:

When I was a child, I used to be scared to death of the introduction of Super Street Fighter II: The New Challenger. That was the ONLY reason why I hated the game.

One day in June, 2003, after my brother got done playing, I went into that room and threw the game into the trash, never to be seen again.

At first, I was glad that I've done it because I thought it was evil. Later however I realized that all I did was throw away a very good game to play. I started to lose fear of the introduction.

On July, 2008 (Just two weeks after getting my Wii online), I've finally downloaded the game onto the Virtual Console and I really enjoyed the game.

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
I was afraid of jello, pudding, and playdough for a week after watching the blob when I was 6.

psik0

Smash Cadet
Oh yeah. That was the basis of the fear, I didn't want them to pop! Just the thought of it drove me crazy for extensive periods of time. Mostly birthday parties.

UberMario

Smash Master
Well, that's understandable (especially in youth), the sound is sharp and loud and the popping of balloons has even killed people. 0_o

global-wolf

Smash Champion
I'm afraid of silverfish. You know those ugly gray bug things that have a million legs and somehow get in your room and move super super suddenly and fast? They creep me out so much >.<

Autumnhammy

Smash Cadet
Im scared of earwigs. Because of there pinchers and last summer one was on my fridge on my little cousins backyardigians water-marker drawing board and i know earwigs like to go where damp places are and where food is...plus there was one in my Pajamas o_O

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Bees, wasps, hornets, yellow jackets, and pretty much any stinging insect. ><

Also, spider webs. I don't mind spiders, but spider webs.... you never know when you're walking past something and don't even see the web before you walk right through it and it gets all on your face and you have no idea what's been on that web and... yeah. >>

mzink*

Smash Ace
I get pretty scared of regular non horror movies if I don't know what is going to happen next. Like to the point that I will turn it off and refuse to watch it through lol. It could be like a PG movie and I will still get scared if there is any kind of anxiety build up and I won't want to watch anymore. I just get the feeling of omg something horrible is gona happen thats gona scar me for life, even if I know that reasonably nothing drastic or graphic would be in this movie.

D

Deleted member

@Unrealwarlord: That picture defindently has legit reasons to be scary. Someone take that picture off!

StinkomanFan

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2724-2849-3244
@Unrealwarlord: That picture defindently has legit reasons to be scary. Someone take that picture off!
You call that scary? Try waking up to the knowledge that nothing you can or will do won't stop you from dying a lonely and frightening death, with no knowledge of what's going to happen once you leave this earth, your body, your possessions and your family to an unknown fate which could range from burning in Hell to coming back as a smaller, less significant creature. Now tell me, what's scarier?

But now to lighten the mood, Clowns frighten me.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Oh ****, I forgot clowns creep the hell out of me too.
Mostly the big ones though. I guess that's similar to mascots though........

Ugh......

D:

Kideras

Smash Rookie
Im ascared of the dark:psycho: jk well not really im scared of anything I can't see, cause then I might have to find out if its a serial killer (if hes wearing night vision goggles im screwed:( )

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
The Scary Stories series, probably the only good children's horror stories.

I wish I had those books..

dragnet4000

Smash Apprentice
I don't have a fear of heights, I have a fear of what I hit when I'm done falling.
Also, I have a fear of airplanes (because of said fear above).

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Spiders used to terrify me. But now they're ok :)
Bees and wasps still scare the crap outta me though.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Guys stop quoting that picture... it's seriously creeping the hell out of me.

I tried reading those scary stories to tell in the dark stuff a few years ago, but I wussed out :p

For a few months after seeing a documentary on WWII and the dropping of the bomb on Hiroshima, I lived with the fear that any airplane that passes by will drop a bomb... the bad thing is that I live near an airport so you see planes launching off constantly XD

I'm like one of those old WWII veterans XD

Necrotic

Death By Necrosis
ahhh I havnt laughed so hard in my life I'm lovin the comments about that picture rofls.

I had that picture as my signature and for about 10 min. After I recieved 4 PMs regarding people discomfort I removed it and I posted it to this forum. Ha! The thought of people making the picture there signature scares me. I use my ipod touch to view this site. Id be scrolling for hours looking for a post.

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman
The oddest fear I have is a fear of touching a VCR. I'm not afraid of being near them but touching them freaks me out. I'm also afraid of this one closet in my school, and will not go in it.

For some odd reason i'm afraid of killing bugs. I'm willing to bring bugs outside but I won't kill them.

Top Bottom