• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unpopular Smash 4 Opinions - share them here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

The only thing wrong with your unpopular opinion is that Nintendo's demographic is actually everyone, specially real hardcore gamers.
I can almost hear my brain cells crying out in agony.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
If he didn't intend for us to be able to play without items, it wouldn't be an option. He's well aware that everybody has a different idea of fun and supports both sides. FYI, fun is how you make it, not anything intended. I have fun on Battlefield battling without items. I have fun on Brinstar with items. Both work.

Fun is subjective. :awesome:
I said nothing about not being able to play without items. But that's why items are so heavily implemented. That's the appeal of the game and what its advertised as. Look at the back of the Brawl Box. Final Smashes, the hammer, and nintendog is shown off. It's crazy, random points that are shown off. You get what I was trying to say.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I said nothing about not being able to play without items. But that's why items are so heavily implemented. That's the appeal of the game and what its advertised as. Look at the back of the Brawl Box. Final Smashes, the hammer, and nintendog is shown off. It's crazy, random points that are shown off. You get what I was trying to say.
The point is not everybody wants to play with items and he set the game up so that's possible.

There's nothing wrong with them playing it that way either. Plain and simple.

I'm quite happy that he's acknowledging all sides and catering to everyone as best as possible, making it a great game for all players, as it should be.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Regardless of what anyone thinks, after I buy the game, I couldn't give more than two ****s about how the maker intended me to play. Chances are, after getting the game, I might play with items for one day, have some fun, turn them off forever, and have even more fun. Because that's the way I like my Smash, even when I used to be a casual who played for ****s and giggles.

Just play Smash the way you want to, don't preach about how the others should follow the developers' intent or not.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I like playing with certain items on sometimes. In Brawl, I only had Assist Trophies, Pokeballs, Final Smash, Mr. Saturn, and Franklin Badge on. Sometimes I'll play with no items.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I love how 4 out of the 6 revealed newcomers have be choices that no one was expecting. I honestly prefer that instead of "more likely" new because of the surprise and reactions that happen. It's sooo much more exciting that way.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Regardless of what anyone thinks, after I buy the game, I couldn't give more than two ****s about how the maker intended me to play. Chances are, after getting the game, I might play with items for one day, have some fun, turn them off forever, and have even more fun. Because that's the way I like my Smash, even when I used to be a casual who played for ****s and giggles.

Just play Smash the way you want to, don't preach about how the others should follow the developers' intent or not.
I'm not preaching. I was just sharing my opinion, which I thought this was the thread for that. I stated it upsets me that people complain when the game (Brawl , Sm4sh)doesn't exbit features that implemented by mistake (such as wavedashing, that made the game more advanced) when the game wasn't designed to be played competitively. I basically saying people should be happy we''re getting a new game at all, and just because it won't have wavedashing doesn't mean it's gonna be a huge let down.

If anyone actually read my first post, I said I was a competive smasher, ans that I enjoyed it. I never once stateddhow people are supposed to have fun. I simply stated how the game was designed and what it was actually intended for. I get that it is used differently.

Once again, didn't expect an unpolular opinion to be considered "preaching" in a thread like this. Duces.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I love how 4 out of the 6 revealed newcomers have be choices that no one was expecting. I honestly prefer that instead of "more likely" new because of the surprise and reactions that happen. It's sooo much more exciting that way.

I am not sure what that GIF has to do with the statement you made, but it is entertaining regardless.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
I'm not preaching. I was just sharing my opinion, which I thought this was the thread for that. I stated it upsets me that people complain when the game (Brawl , Sm4sh)doesn't exbit features that implemented by mistake (such as wavedashing, that made the game more advanced) when the game wasn't designed to be played competitively. I basically saying people should be happy we''re getting a new game at all, and just because it won't have wavedashing doesn't mean it's gonna be a huge let down.

If anyone actually read my first post, I said I was a competive smasher, ans that I enjoyed it. I never once stateddhow people are supposed to have fun. I simply stated how the game was designed and what it was actually intended for. I get that it is used differently.

Once again, didn't expect an unpolular opinion to be considered "preaching" in a thread like this. Duces.
I know that's your opinion, and I am tired of all the pointless hate too, but I was more addressing the general tendency people in here have to complain about competitive players defying the "way Smash was supposed to be played", etc.

Last edited:

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
"Casual" playstyle zealots are just as elitist, ignorant, and annoying as "Competitive" playstyle zealots.

Last edited:

HipsandChips

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5172-0569-0749
I don't understand the hype over Krystal and Banana Dee.
Krystal is a character who was in the least relevant games in the Star Fox series, and a character who's design in this day and age of sexualizing animals I consider to be extremely uncouth. Not to mention Star Fox is already over represented with 3 reps, unless a new game is announced and they put some clothes on the big breasted purple fox I cannot see why she would be in.

Bandana Dee is a generic mook, they way I see it it's like including Paratroopa, But with a hat.
The hat means he's a special one, right?

NeonS4

Smash Cadet
NNID
NeonS5
3DS FC
3351-4072-5555
I have low expectations for the character roster...
Seeing how Mario Kart 7 + 8 had disappointing rosters (But good gameplay) and I have a feeling that Smash will also have a similar small roster.
Also Sakurai has mentioned (I remember his saying something like this) that the amount of characters isn't a main concern, and that balance is
so I don't think that many characters will be in the game.

But this won't change the gameplay, and would probably mean better balance for characters.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I have low expectations for the character roster...
Seeing how Mario Kart 7 + 8 had disappointing rosters (But good gameplay) and I have a feeling that Smash will also have a similar small roster.
Also Sakurai has mentioned (I remember his saying something like this) that the amount of characters isn't a main concern, and that balance is
so I don't think that many characters will be in the game.

But this won't change the gameplay, and would probably mean better balance for characters.
You've got to remember something, Mario Kart's stages are Smash's characters, the stages are the most important partof Mario Kart, and the last two games haven't been lacking.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Seeing how Mario Kart 7 + 8 had disappointing rosters
D-idara's right. Mario Kart rosters should not be taken as seriously as Smash rosters are.

Personally in regards to Mario Kart. As long as I have Luigi I'm fine. Adding Honey Queen, Metal Mario, Pink Gold Peach, and Baby Rosalina are odd choices but at the end of the day I just laugh it off because in the end. The Roster doesn't really matter for Mario Kart. As D-idara said the courses are the more important part. And N64 Rainbow Road being a Retro Course in Mario Kart 8 for me is the equivalent of one of my favorite characters being playable in Smash as a result.

D

Deleted member

Go play Titanfall or COD: Advanced Warfare. Nintendo's where real gaming's at.
As usual, trying to label something as "real gaming" makes you look like a complete tool. People like different things, and it's entirely subjective on what you can consider "real gaming" (not even going to get into how stupid that phrase is to begin with). It's as bad as trying to label people as "true" fans of something, which is idiotic, because if you're a fan of something, you're a fan, you don't need to validate yourself as a "true" fan.
On an off note, I loves me some Titanfall :troll:
D-idara's right. Mario Kart rosters should not be taken as seriously as Smash rosters are.

Personally in regards to Mario Kart. As long as I have Luigi I'm fine. Adding Honey Queen, Metal Mario, Pink Gold Peach, and Baby Rosalina are odd choices but at the end of the day I just laugh it off because in the end. The Roster doesn't really matter for Mario Kart. As D-idara said the courses are the more important part. And N64 Rainbow Road being a Retro Course in Mario Kart 8 for me is the equivalent of one of my favorite characters being playable in Smash as a result.
Still wish Baby Park would come back. That course was the **** when you just wanted to screw around with friends.

Last edited by a moderator:

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Warning Received
As usual, trying to label something as "real gaming" makes you look like a complete tool. People like different things, and it's entirely subjective on what you can consider "real gaming" (not even going to get into how stupid that phrase is to begin with). It's as bad as trying to label people as "true" fans of something, which is idiotic, because if you're a fan of something, you're a fan, you don't need to validate yourself as a "true" fan.
On an off note, I loves me some Titanfall :troll:

Still wish Baby Park would come back. That course was the **** when you just wanted to screw around with friends.
The stupid on the first half of your post is mitigated by Baby Park.

D

Deleted member

The reasoning that I think is stupid because I know I'm right all the time on the first half of your post is mitigated by Baby Park.
Not going to comment on the "stupid" part because you're impossible to reason with it seems, but everybody loves Baby Park.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Afraid of posting an opinion/statement pertaining to Smash 4 because you know nobody will agree with you? Then this is the thread for you! All thanks to one golden rule for this topic: NO CRITICIZING OTHER POSTER'S OPINIONS. If people here aren't mature enough to follow this simple rule then I will request for this thread to be locked. If you don't agree with something (which you likely won't), either ignore it or leave the thread. See how easy that is?
Here's a check list of sorts, that hopefully neglects silly one liners with the substance of "you suck" for a more enjoyable environment and discourse.

Understand perspective - There are multiple "sects" within the Smash community, there are no entitlements without due deserve. Someone's opinion is based on their perspective (a casual, a tournament competitive player, an online player, etc) and what they suggest is (without being purposely antagonistic) for the improvement of their "group" and not a detriment to any other demographic.
Understand the human reality - That people know what they say is just an opinion, that they know there is an unlikelihood to change, and although their tone may come off as otherwise, they understand the reality, in other words the fictitious nature of their ideas
Do not discredit people or invalidate opinions based off your own perspective, but how that scenario would impact positively or negatively on others.

It's hard to read through some of these pages with a straight face when there is consistent and considerate "my opinion is better than yours" attitudes going on here. What's the point? Opinions are there to be clarified, not destroyed. If people are being antagonistic for the sake of it, report it and don't entertain them.
Remember to read the OP everyone.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I don't see the problem people have with blue hair. Ike, Marth, Chrom. Meh. Who cares. Its just hair. They aren't the same characters.

D

Deleted member

Right, anyway,
  • I think Greninja was very much deserving. He's the most popular gen 6 starter, if not the most popoular mon, has a huge metagame prominence, and fits the mold of a Smash character very well (not sure how popular this is, but whatever).
  • I would be completely fine with Nintendo doing DLC as long as it's quality, and not day 1 or on-disc.
  • For Glory and the Final Destinations forms are a nice gesture, but it's ultimately bad and only adds to the "NO FUN ALLOWED" stereotype, and a lot more needs to be done.
  • If I hear another "blue-haired swordsman" argument for why Chrom shouldn't be in, I'm going to go mad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
I haven't heard this in a while, but the "too many swords already" is legitimately the stupidest of all reasons to exclude a character.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
A green haired mage possessed by incarnation of the God of Winds himself #LEVINLEVINLEVINLEVIN would be so much more badass than another sword wielding lord. Like Levin is basically the main character in Fire Emblem 4 anyway. They're more likely to throw in Micaiah or whatever though, but chances are there wouldn't be any non-sword lords joining the cast :(

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Micaiah would legit be the best option for a Fire Emblem newcomer.
I think the game deserves a mage, that's for sure. She's the best choice, commercially. I think people in Japan would drop their **** if it was Levin or Sety though. So would the entire non-newgen Fire Emblem community.

Alternatively, Anna as a mage.. but meh.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I think the game deserves a mage, that's for sure. She's the best choice, commercially. I think people in Japan would drop their **** if it was Levin or Sety though. So would the entire non-newgen Fire Emblem community.

Alternatively, Anna as a mage.. but meh.
I don't see a character from an older Fire Emblem being playable.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
If we're getting a mage, that should be Robin, because Awakening needs representation.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Honestly, I'd rather have most of the assist trophies be newcomers instead of the actual newcomers.

chronomantic

Smash Ace
I really don't like nor care about the 3DS version at all. In fact I hate idea that it took resources and time off the Wii U version.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Watching tournament matches is the most boring thing I've ever endured.
Somebody get this woman a Wombo Combo!
But in all seriousness, while smash may be a spectator sport, (lots more fun to watch than league or Cod) nothing beats playing in a tournament yourself.
I don't understand the hype over Krystal and Banana Dee.
Krystal is a character who was in the least relevant games in the Star Fox series, and a character who's design in this day and age of sexualizing animals I consider to be extremely uncouth. Not to mention Star Fox is already over represented with 3 reps, unless a new game is announced and they put some clothes on the big breasted purple fox I cannot see why she would be in.

Bandana Dee is a generic mook, they way I see it it's like including Paratroopa, But with a hat.
The hat means he's a special one, right?
Bandana Dee's only claim to fame is his spear, imo. Otherwise there's nothing stopping him from assimilating into Dedede's moveset.
Agree 100% on Krystal. Every roster that cuts another starfox character for her is poison. (literally, if you liquidize the roster and drink it, you'll die.)

Also, I still hate the idea of Palutena getting in. KI is getting way too much love with items and stages, (biggest stages, pretty much.) A character on top of that is just overkill.

Last edited:

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I seem to be the only person that thinks Smash4 will be this:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom