• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unpopular Smash 4 Opinions - share them here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokerhappy

Smash Cadet
I think For Glory is great plan for random online play. Also, that having different FDs in general is all kinds of badass, though I'm not sure many how people would argue that.

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
For glory needs platforms. I'm no competitive player, but it's easy to tell that a lot matches will be unfair. There's a difference between platforms and stage hazards. Platforms help you escape projectiles and other attacks.

slicesabre

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2621-2933-2738
The only characters who deserve to be in a Smash game are the original 12. Anyone outside of them are totally expendable.

I want Pichu to return.

Sakurai/Nintendo's move to appeal to the competitive community will be met with nothing but compliants or desires to change Smash into a game that appeals to them and not to everyone and is ultimately doomed to fail.

The Gematsu leak is BS.

I am glad Tharja and Owain fans have finally started to shut up.

"no mor blue haired swordsmen!" Is a stupid argument against's Chrom's inculsion. Same applies for Lucina.

I've got no problem with clones, as long at they have some light to moderate differences and don't have the same final smashes.

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
It annoys me when people call Nintendo, or any company for that matter, stupid for making a decision they disagree with. For example a lot of people said that it was STUPID to release the 3ds version of smash before the wii u version. If you actually belief, that that cute little opinion of yours which you build in less than 5 mins, is superior to the business decisions made be a company of the scale of nintendo that hires top of the line marketing and business experts YOU are the stupid one. Nintendo might make risky or questionable decisions, but they will never make a decision that is just downright stupid and if so you people will never be the ones calling them out on it, you guys know NOTHING of business.
Virtual boy :troll:

Pokerhappy

Smash Cadet
The way I see it, anyone who is particularly competitive is on this website and has access to the friend codes of as many people as they want. That will always be better than playing random and hoping you don't get matched up with scrubs, or as someone who's not good, hoping you won't just get crushed for hours.

Basically, my argument is that For Glory shouldn't matter to people who are to the point where they care about which organization of platforms are or aren't on a level. Incorporating stage striking and/or random stages would only complicate the process of playing a random stranger, and would be kind of a weird step to take. For Glory is great for the casual player who is either transitioning or wants to stay casual.

Additionally, there's a very good argument that I am admittedly stealing from someone, but who's to say what stages should be in For Glory if not just FD. FD and Battlefield doesn't cover everything, and we don't even know how the characters play yet, let alone been able to establish a metagame.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Sakurai/Nintendo's move to appeal to the competitive community will be met with nothing but compliants or desires to change Smash into a game that appeals to them and not to everyone and is ultimately doomed to fail.
Oh, thank you.

The Gematsu leak is BS.
Thank you!

THANK YOU.

"no mor blue haired swordsmen!" Is a stupid argument against's Chrom's inculsion. Same applies for Lucina.
THAANK YOU SO MUCH!
Agreed so many times! :)

Last edited:

cpt-brandon

Smash Rookie
I think playing on the 3ds is just as valid as playing on the wii u, the buttons on the 3ds are as usable as a gamecube controller and the size of the screen is a bit of a detriment, but its close enough to your face that it should be fine.

The idea of obscure characters since it gives an interesting twist to the game

I liked the subspace emissary and wish it was back in ssb4

ssb4 is more competitive with the installment of "for glory", and nintendo has recognized competitive gaming in ssb since brawl and have clearly been focusing on the rising market for the competition.

I can feel your rage..

otter

Smash Ace
I think you've got this backwards. there might be 5 competitive players on the planet who think single player modes and items aren't fun, they just want a functional engine too. As opposed to 5 million who want all the casual stuff and see competitive play as a negative thing. I've never understood how this can be overlooked. only the casual side wants anyone to be left out.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I think you've got this backwards. there might be 5 competitive players on the planet who think single player modes and items aren't fun, they just want a functional engine too. As opposed to 5 million who want all the casual stuff and see competitive play as a negative thing. I've never understood how this can be overlooked.
Probably because those 5 million don't know that the competitive scene exist and wouldn't care if they did.

josh bones

Smash Lord
The only characters who deserve to be in a Smash game are the original 12. Anyone outside of them are totally expendable.

I want Pichu to return.

The Gematsu leak is BS.

I've got no problem with clones, as long at they have some light to moderate differences and don't have the same final smashes.
Wario and diddy kong, just sayin

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
  • "Original 12" is an outdated, conservative argument. Jigglypuff's tenure should be reconsidered, especially given the ridiculous inclusion of Greninja and even more ridiculous return of Lucario.
  • As far as 'deserving' in the case of Pokemon, I only see two. Pikachu as the intended mascot, and Mewtwo as the closest practical thing to a "big bad."
  • That said, if I were rebuilding the roster with no requirement to adhere to the past, but Pokemon was still going to have 6 reps, I would prefer to see one from each generation (Mewtwo, Donphan, Blaziken, Lucario...can't think of any standouts from gens V & VI, so I'll say Genesect and Greninja)
  • If uniqueness and potential moveset was any kind of factor in Dillion not becoming playable, Sonic should have been scrapped instead.

TheSkuxxedOne

Smash Cadet
I reckon Miis have a lot of potential in super smash bros. The way I see it, there's 3 ways they could go with them.
1. A wii sports moveset.
2. Platform for custom movesets.
3. (My personal opinion) Why not equip the Miis with a Wii-Mote and have it morf into various objects.

I made a video about it too, check it out if you're interested...

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
I want paid DLC. I would be happy knowing the roster and stages given to us on Day 1 won't be the final ones we'll be getting.

Last edited:

Niala

Smash Ace
Oh, one last thing. I don't care how good Project M is or is not, taking another person's (or group of people's) work and modifying it without permission just because "I like it better this way" is an incredibly inconsiderate, disrespectful, and ignorant thing to do. It also drives me insane that it doesn't bother other people-- I know if somebody stole something of mine and tried to improve on it, then released as their own material, I would be terribly annoyed and frustrated, and I would like to think it would bother more than just me.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Oh, one last thing. I don't care how good Project M is or is not, taking another person's (or group of people's) work and modifying it without permission just because "I like it better this way" is an incredibly inconsiderate, disrespectful, and ignorant thing to do. It also drives me insane that it doesn't bother other people-- I know if somebody stole something of mine and tried to improve on it, then released as their own material, I would be terribly annoyed and frustrated, and I would like to think it would bother more than just me.
The point of Project M is to make it like Melee. You know, another game made by Sakurai. I don't think Sakurai has ever said Brawl was better than Melee, just different (like all smash installments). If anything, he should be happy that people are spending years to remake one of his games. Just my take however.

Niala

Smash Ace
The point of Project M is to make it like Melee. You know, another game made by Sakurai. I don't think Sakurai has ever said Brawl was better than Melee, just different (like all smash installments). If anything, he should be happy that people are spending years to remake one of his games. Just my take however.
That's entirely a fair point, and the fact that it's being remade into another one of his own works is something I hadn't considered, however I don't think that justifies it morally, nor legally as far as I'm aware. I will cede that your take is entirely reasonable and logical, I just see it as theft of physical and intellectual property, which I can't get behind, no matter the rationalization.

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
1.) I think For Glory is incredibly stupid. All it does it utterly wreck what Smash Bros. Stands for and only serves to exacerbate the ongoing meme of "No Items, Fox Only, Final Destination." Unless this is a deliberate troll from Sakurai, this whole ideas sucks, and I hate how people are supporting a mode with only one stage (albeit with different flavors.)

2.) I want paid DLC. You give me a bundle with a character and a stage at say...10$ (and I'm being generous) and I'll snatch that **** up in seconds.

3.) I hope that this is closer to Brawl then Melee. That's right, I said it! If I want fast paced gameplay with insane controls and even more insane timing, I'll play BlazBlue. At least I KNOW I don't stand a ghost of a chance competitively there...>_>

4.) Custom move sets are not only awesome, but bring a whole fresh face to the genre. I love being able to change the character and help almost every fight feel fresh. If the competitive community doesn't at least TRY to make this work, I feel that this will show that it truly is stuck in the age of Melee and will never leave.

5.) I want Level Editor back. What? It was awesome!

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
1.) I think For Glory is incredibly stupid. All it does it utterly wreck what Smash Bros. Stands for and only serves to exacerbate the ongoing meme of "No Items, Fox Only, Final Destination." Unless this is a deliberate troll from Sakurai, this whole ideas sucks, and I hate how people are supporting a mode with only one stage (albeit with different flavors.)

2.) I want paid DLC. You give me a bundle with a character and a stage at say...10$ (and I'm being generous) and I'll snatch that **** up in seconds.

3.) I hope that this is closer to Brawl then Melee. That's right, I said it! If I want fast paced gameplay with insane controls and even more insane timing, I'll play BlazBlue. At least I KNOW I don't stand a ghost of a chance competitively there...>_>

4.) Custom move sets are not only awesome, but bring a whole fresh face to the genre. I love being able to change the character and help almost every fight feel fresh. If the competitive community doesn't at least TRY to make this work, I feel that this will show that it truly is stuck in the age of Melee and will never leave.

5.) I want Level Editor back. What? It was awesome!
Agreed with everything but 2. Paying 10$ for a character and stage is literally the equivalent of paying for the entire game and it has one mode, 6 characters, and 6 stages. 5$ for that bundle atleast.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
That's entirely a fair point, and the fact that it's being remade into another one of his own works is something I hadn't considered, however I don't think that justifies it morally, nor legally as far as I'm aware. I will cede that your take is entirely reasonable and logical, I just see it as theft of physical and intellectual property, which I can't get behind, no matter the rationalization.
In terms of legality, Project M doesn't sell a modified version of Brawl, which, I agree with, would be unacceptable. They are just releasing a public mod of the game, one of many that are accessible to the community. Are you also opposed to all the PSAs, the custom textures, the music hacks, etc. out there? Project M is no different, it's just modifying gameplay.

And I dunno, as a drawer, if someone were to take my work and modify it in their own style, I'd be curious to see what they came up with (of course, as long as they don't sell it). I can't speak for Sakurai, but if I were in his place, I would really like to see the fan's take on a Smash title, even if it's just for fun.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sakurai is also extremely prideful. If he doesn't want it to exist, and would rather people play it the way he designed, that's a perfectly fine and reasonable stance for him to take. Remember why he removed major cutscenes? Because people put them online. It's fairly clear how he wants us to play it in the end.

That said, he never tried a Cease & Desist order, and hey, he doesn't have to. Nobody is strictly making money off of it(albeit, using it for tourneys with money can count in a technical sense) by selling it, at least. He also might know that the texture hacks also help with the costumes, and wouldn't have any reason to care about that. It's probably just the cheating bit, especially online, that annoys him, if anything. He was very clear on people abusing the online features to report people falsely(a form of being unfair to others). I can imagine him not wanting online cheats to exist at all. Won't much matter anyway with Brawl no longer being an online option regardless soon enough.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
In terms of legality, Project M doesn't sell a modified version of Brawl, which, I agree with, would be unacceptable. They are just releasing a public mod of the game, one of many that are accessible to the community. Are you also opposed to all the PSAs, the custom textures, the music hacks, etc. out there? Project M is no different, it's just modifying gameplay.

And I dunno, as a drawer, if someone were to take my work and modify it in their own style, I'd be curious to see what they came up with (of course, as long as they don't sell it). I can't speak for Sakurai, but if I were in his place, I would really like to see the fan's take on a Smash title, even if it's just for fun.
I draw...and if someone took a drawing of mine, traced over it and said it's better now, I'd be pissed off beyond recognition.

chronomantic

Smash Ace
Sakurai is also extremely prideful. If he doesn't want it to exist, and would rather people play it the way he designed, that's a perfectly fine and reasonable stance for him to take. Remember why he removed major cutscenes? Because people put them online. It's fairly clear how he wants us to play it in the end.
I never understood that position. Cutscenes uploaded to youtube are if anything promo for the game. As well as gameplay footage is too. Fans are the ones who watch those videos not the casual gamers i.e not the majority of people buying the game. Also, every player is entitled to experience the game as they see fit.
Having said that I respect his decision and looking at the positive side he will have more time and resources to concentrate in what really matters, gameplay.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I never understood that position. Cutscenes uploaded to youtube are if anything promo for the game. As well as gameplay footage is too. Fans are the ones who watch those videos not the casual gamers i.e not the majority of people buying the game. Also, every player is entitled to experience the game as they see fit.
That's not how it really works all the time. Some don't bother to get the game if they know the story already. And actually, they aren't entitled to that. They're entitled to enjoy the game how the actual game designer intended. That's not a right you get. When you buy a game, you have only the right to play it as it's intended, in-game, no cheat devices, no hacks, no mods.(in-game cheats do not count, mind you. Using exploits within the game don't either. If they don't release patches, then it's still part of the original design.) Unless they outright encourage it(modding, etc.), then you're entitled to that.

Having said that I respect his decision and looking at the positive side he will have more time and resources to concentrate in what really matters, gameplay.
Pretty much. Brawl was unbalanced as hell. Most of the development time was spent on the SSE(70%), and if you remove the cutscenes, or make them generic enough where you're not locked into playing a character, never mind not using "original enemies", it could've been far better while actually making it fun to play as no matter who you choose. It was still a really neat thing on its own, and honestly, would've been better as its own separate disc even. I would've gladly waited longer if he did two discs, and had heavily improved the rest of the game, but removing some of the other problems. That said, getting a bit off-topic here.

Now for some unpopular opinions;

-The Coin Launcher was not good design. Despite requiring more effort, it failed to do the most important thing, make it easy to get Trophies. The Lottery was superior, imo, due to this.
-Meta Knight was not fun for me to play at as all. Everybody else was.

Last edited:

chronomantic

Smash Ace
That's not how it really works all the time. Some don't bother to get the game if they know the story already. And actually, they aren't entitled to that. They're entitled to enjoy the game how the actual game designer intended. That's not a right you get. When you buy a game, you have only the right to play it as it's intended, in-game, no cheat devices, no hacks, no mods. Unless they outright encourage it, then you're entitled to that.
Do people actually do that? not buying a game like this one because they know the 'story' already? I'm genuinely asking. I don't get it this is not a movie, the game is pure gameplay bliss. And I meant entitlement in the sense where some gamers, say, don't care about cutscenes at all or don't care about certain modes and that's fine.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Do people actually do that? not buying a game like this one because they know the 'story' already? I'm genuinely asking. I don't get it this is not a movie, the game is pure gameplay bliss. And I meant entitlement in the sense where some gamers, say, don't care about cutscenes at all or don't care about certain modes and that's fine.
I still don't get how that works with entitlement. That said, they sure as hell do. It's not often enough to affect sales, but it is often enough for Sakurai to care.

He outright said it, paraphrased; "Cutscenes should be earned through gameplay." I think it's a bit silly, don't get me wrong, but he wants everybody to experience it directly by playing the game. The only thing I found the cutscenes useful for outside of the game is cool GMV(Game Music Videos) or various parodies. Anybody outright skipping the game just to watch the cutscenes? Can't agree with it.

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
A couple of days ago I'd've argued that they don't, but I watched all the gameplay and cutscenes to Amazing Spider-Man 2 when the gameplay leaked a week early. Completely changed my mind on buying the game - I don't really feel I need to now I've seen it all.

Of course, I think it depends on the game too, and the overall quality of the product. The fact that ASM looked like crap put me off as much as knowing the plot - Smash is a different matter, considering it's depth. I could watch any potential cutscenes and still buy the game without wavering.

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
In principal at least, the popularity of PM could only lead to sales boosts for Nintendo if people are indeed modifying legally purchased copies of Brawl. It's not a breach of fair use so long as the developers of PM aren't making money off it. Ethically, there is an extremely good case made by people from every end of the philosophical spectrum against the very idea of 'Intellectual Property', but I suppose that should be a topic for it's own thread.

And while I'm no lawyer, an argument could probably be made that cash-prize tournaments that incorporate PM are violating fair use. That said, from Nintendo's perspective, the loss of licensing revenue from tournaments is likely nothing compared to the free labor and Brawl sales PM's free availavility has provided. I could see a lot of the hardcore Melee players only bothering to buy Brawl for PM. And in either case, it's not as though Nintendo is some struggling artist being exploited, they have entire chapters of personal lawyers. If they wanted to put an end to PM and it was in their right, they would easily have done so.

Last edited by a moderator:

Niala

Smash Ace

In preface, I wasn't even aware of other hacks. I've never been terribly integrated into the smash community, so that's entirely news to me. On that note, I wouldn't agree that those arguments are akin-- changing visuals and sounds aren't quite to same degree as changing the fundamentals of a game. If Mario were a German Carpenter, would we have not enjoyed his games just as much?

However I'll give you the second point. The results of a modification of a work can be entirely interesting, or even objectively better, but it stands against my own principles to copy so much of it. It's one thing to use something as source material, another point altogether to change some details and say it's yours.

That said, he never tried a Cease & Desist order, and hey, he doesn't have to. Nobody is strictly making money off of it(albeit, using it for tourneys with money can count in a technical sense) by selling it, at least. He also might know that the texture hacks also help with the costumes, and wouldn't have any reason to care about that. It's probably just the cheating bit, especially online, that annoys him, if anything. He was very clear on people abusing the online features to report people falsely(a form of being unfair to others). I can imagine him not wanting online cheats to exist at all. Won't much matter anyway with Brawl no longer being an online option regardless soon enough.
You'll have to forgive my ignorance in legal matters, but is monetary profit the only reason they can be prosecuted? I'd think there's probably more to it than that, but again, I'm not a lawyer or a judge.

Something doesn't need to offend Sakurai to be against my own principles. It's the same as anything, it's all a matter of personal perspective-- although if it WERE a cause of concern to Sakurai, that would make it worse to me. Although this does bring up an interesting point: I think it would be incredibly naive to believe Sakurai has no knowledge of Project M's existence, you have to wonder if he's taking ideas from their alterations, and whether or not that's ethically acceptable as well. Which, I suppose, is still a matter of perspective, but an interesting idea nonetheless.

In principal at least, the popularity of PM could only lead to sales boosts for Nintendo if people are indeed modifying legally purchased copies of Brawl. It's not a breach of fair use so long as the developers of PM aren't making money off it. Ethically, there is an extremely good case made by people from every end of the philosophical spectrum against the very idea of 'Intellectual Property', but I suppose that should be a topic for it's own thread.
I agree that the intellectual property debate is probably best left for another time, but like I said, it's more a matter of perspective as far as I'm concerned. If a person sees something to be offended about, it's probably just a personal preference of how things should be done over objective reasoning-- which, I suppose, brings up yet another debate of what objectivity in these matters really is, legal, social constructs, etc. But I think you get my point.

And while I'm no lawyer, an argument could probably be made that cash-prize tournaments that incorporate PM are violating fair use. That said, from Nintendo's perspective, the loss of licensing revenue from tournaments is likely nothing compared to the free labor and Brawl sales PM's free availavility has provided. I could see a lot of the hardcore Melee players only bothering to buy Brawl for PM. And in either case, it's not as though Nintendo is some struggling artist being exploited, they have entire chapters of personal lawyers. If they wanted to put an end to PM and it was in their right, they would easily have done so.
Point noted, if they wanted it gone it would most certainly be gone. And, given that PM uses Brawl as a base, there's no real reason that they should-- it's just boosting sales and providing Nintendo with more money.

Perhaps this is another point I'm alone on, but I also think that PM is a step backwards as far as the series is concerned, and that's hard to argue against given that it's literally an attempt to make the newest game into the previous game in the series. I guess my point here is that if people continue to stick to one game, it leaves no room for growth or change, the competitive community will just be stuck in a Melee limbo until the series dies, which I would really hate to see happen.

Also, I appreciate all the feedback-- it's great to hear other people's views on the matter, and I'm glad we can all share so openly. Most communities kick you out if you don't agree with them, it's nice to debate points back and forth without any malicious intent.

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
In preface, I wasn't even aware of other hacks. I've never been terribly integrated into the smash community, so that's entirely news to me. On that note, I wouldn't agree that those arguments are akin-- changing visuals and sounds aren't quite to same degree as changing the fundamentals of a game. If Mario were a German Carpenter, would we have not enjoyed his games just as much?

However I'll give you the second point. The results of a modification of a work can be entirely interesting, or even objectively better, but it stands against my own principles to copy so much of it. It's one thing to use something as source material, another point altogether to change some details and say it's yours.

You'll have to forgive my ignorance in legal matters, but is monetary profit the only reason they can be prosecuted? I'd think there's probably more to it than that, but again, I'm not a lawyer or a judge.

Something doesn't need to offend Sakurai to be against my own principles. It's the same as anything, it's all a matter of personal perspective-- although if it WERE a cause of concern to Sakurai, that would make it worse to me. Although this does bring up an interesting point: I think it would be incredibly naive to believe Sakurai has no knowledge of Project M's existence, you have to wonder if he's taking ideas from their alterations, and whether or not that's ethically acceptable as well. Which, I suppose, is still a matter of perspective, but an interesting idea nonetheless.

I agree that the intellectual property debate is probably best left for another time, but like I said, it's more a matter of perspective as far as I'm concerned. If a person sees something to be offended about, it's probably just a personal preference of how things should be done over objective reasoning-- which, I suppose, brings up yet another debate of what objectivity in these matters really is, legal, social constructs, etc. But I think you get my point.

Point noted, if they wanted it gone it would most certainly be gone. And, given that PM uses Brawl as a base, there's no real reason that they should-- it's just boosting sales and providing Nintendo with more money.

Perhaps this is another point I'm alone on, but I also think that PM is a step backwards as far as the series is concerned, and that's hard to argue against given that it's literally an attempt to make the newest game into the previous game in the series. I guess my point here is that if people continue to stick to one game, it leaves no room for growth or change, the competitive community will just be stuck in a Melee limbo until the series dies, which I would really hate to see happen.

Also, I appreciate all the feedback-- it's great to hear other people's views on the matter, and I'm glad we can all share so openly. Most communities kick you out if you don't agree with them, it's nice to debate points back and forth without any malicious intent.
Another point to consider, if you will, I do recall a Sakurai quote (although not clearly, it could be a false quote or misquote) where he said he made it a point to make Brawl simpler and slower because he figured the wii as a platform was going to be introducing a great deal of first time gamers, and he wantes to use Brawl to ease them into the series and now use Smash 4 to reintroduce fast gameplay. So perhaps, if that's true, Sakurai wouldn't be so offended by the already competitive community modding Brawl to resemble Melee .

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Another point to consider, if you will, I do recall a Sakurai quote (although not clearly, it could be a false quote or misquote) where he said he made it a point to make Brawl simpler and slower because he figured the wii as a platform was going to be introducing a great deal of first time gamers, and he wantes to use Brawl to ease them into the series and now use Smash 4 to reintroduce fast gameplay. So perhaps, if that's true, Sakurai wouldn't be so offended by the already competitive community modding Brawl to resemble Melee .
This is a fair point. We won't really know if he never talks about it. He does seem to be somewhat anti-competitive, but he then gave us For Glory, showing he's not that opposed to it and just wants to reiterate that people should play it how they want and have fun. He does still want people to play the way he intended it to a degree, of course, which is why the cutscene thing came up. And hey, it's fine if he believes that anyway. He made them. He wants people to view them properly. By earning it the right away. It's kind of like paying for the work, just your payment is "playing the game".

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
FE and Pokemon are the two series with the most unique and diverse cast of characters. I believe that these two series are the most cut worthy, now stop complaining because Sakurai doesn't have the time to bring back everyone. If we don't have cuts then the series will prematurely go into character overload. If Sakurai does bring back the cut characters, then we'll just end up up with too few newcomers and a dull roster.

Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Clones are necessary and a natural consequence of time constraints when faced with adding one additional unique character vs. several similar characters.

Riposte__

Smash Apprentice
I reckon Miis have a lot of potential in super smash bros. The way I see it, there's 3 ways they could go with them.
1. A wii sports moveset.
2. Platform for custom movesets.
3. (My personal opinion) Why not equip the Miis with a Wii-Mote and have it morf into various objects.

I made a video about it too, check it out if you're interested...

Every one is so eager to jump in the echo chamber they are all missing the obvious cues from the previous games. If there are to be Mii(s) in the game I bet they function like the generic enemies of brawl and melee (something or other and Wire Frame respectively) where either you get random powers associated with a character, or there will be a a way to set a preference for picking your favorite characters and getting each character's power once.

T

Trick or Treat

The Miis should be the Multi-Man enemies. There's potential for six "classes", as opposed to the 4 from Brawl. Obviously, it would be a random assortment of the Miis on your system, or whatever. Or random default ones if you don't have any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom