• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unpopular Smash 4 Opinions - share them here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
To the people who don't want Pac Man in.

Pac-Man does have moveset potential, but has never been presented in a fighting way.

That's my take on Pac Man.

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
Agreed with everything but 2. Paying 10$ for a character and stage is literally the equivalent of paying for the entire game and it has one mode, 6 characters, and 6 stages. 5$ for that bundle atleast.
To be fair, I don't exactly mean that much for that price, I was more or less saying that I very fully support Paid DLC, as long as it's high quality.

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
Not sure how unpopular these are... I already see some Pac-man hate in this thread. But, here goes:

-It bothers me when people speak of characters "deserving" or "not deserving" a spot. Pretty much all of the big name iconic characters Nintendo has to offer already made it into Brawl. The only character not already in Smash who had a significantly influential role in Nintendo's history is Mii. At this point, characters should be added based on popularity or uniqueness, not based on how many games they've appeared in or how heavily they've been promoted in the past. To say that characters like Greninja or Midna don't deserve a spot but Zoroark or Tingle do is silly.

-I didn't want Lucario back.

-I don't want Pac-man. If he gets a major, well executed game released exclusively for the Wii U or 3DS, then I'd be okay with him. I'm not talking about some crap like Mario vs. Pac-Man at the Winter Olympics, though.

-There are multiple rarely requested Pokemon I would rather see playable over Mewtwo. To name a few: Darkrai, Keldeo, Kyurem, etc.

-I found both Brawl and Smash 64 to be significantly more enjoyable games overall when compared to Melee. The main memory I have of playing Melee is disappointment, mainly due to all the carbon copy clones. Although, I have never attempted to play any of these games competitively…

-Subspace Emissary was boring. I would really prefer that Sakurai and the development team devoted all of their time to creating unique newcomers, items, and stages than adding hanky-panky like the emissary. If the only change from Brawl to Smash 4 was new characters/stages/items, but each of these were well done and plentiful in number, than I'd be happy.

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
My opinions

-I don't care for Mewtwo

-I love, support and believe the Gematsu leak

-Wii U pro controller> GameCube Controller

-I like the idea of Mii and Pacman

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
-Falco should be cut over Wolf if it comes to it.

-If Ridley is not playable by the end of all this, Sakurai is being intentionally malicious.

-Honestly, nothing of value was lost when the lack of CGI cutscenes was announced.

-Whatever potential Miis have to be great fighters is probably going to be shunned in favor of golf clubs and baseballs.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
To the people who don't want Pac Man in.

Pac-Man does have moveset potential, but has never been presented in a fighting way.

That's my take on Pac Man.
Doesn't Pac-Man World and Ghostly Adventures count?

Last edited:

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
- Pac-Man is such a fitting and fantastic idea for Smash, I was bewildered when I found out other people were against him.

- Falco should be cut before Wolf.

- Ike is way more keepable than Chrom is addable.

- Mii is fine, why do you care?

- Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale is about 4/10, not 0/10.

- I prefer Isaac to Shulk a lot. (I don't know how unpopular this is now that I think about it.)

- Villager, Mega Man, Rosalina, and Little Mac were all super easy to guess. Sakurai only appears to be taking "left-field characters" because everyone here has completely unrealistic ideas about what's likely. This is probably fueled by a simple mix-up between what you think would be cool and what would actually sell a game to Nintendo's target demographic (young boys and family units).

- Jigglypuff should be cut. (I main her, but her inclusion in past games is not a good enough argument in my opinion to say that she should be in the game rather than Mewtwo.)

- Wii U Pro Controller > Gamecube Controller

- I'd prefer Red became a standalone playable character to either Squirtle or Ivysaur returning.

- About 50% of y'all Ridley supporters are either bandwagoning or just want a big dragon in the game. I too think it would be really great to have him in the game, but there is no way Ridley should be the #1 most popular character.

- I'm totally cool with certain franchises never getting more than one rep. F-Zero, Wario, Yoshi, and Pikmin come to mind. On second thought, maybe not NEVER, but there would need to be quite a few characters on the roster for newcomers in those series to feel justified.

- Vaati is SUCH a better choice than Ghirahem, Demise, or Impa. What are you guys even thinking?

Wow, I had more of these than I thought.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
- Villager, Mega Man, Rosalina, and Little Mac were all super easy to guess. Sakurai only appears to be taking "left-field characters" because everyone here has completely unrealistic ideas about what's likely. This is probably fueled by a simple mix-up between what you think would be cool and what would actually sell a game to Nintendo's target demographic (young boys and family units).
The only thing wrong with your unpopular opinion is that Nintendo's demographic is actually everyone, specially real hardcore gamers.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Doesn't Pac-Man World and Ghostly Adventures count?
But that's the whole crux of the situation--Pac-man has serious dislike because of Ghostly Adventures, and I argue disliking him isn't really an unpopular opinion. I'm not sure what about Ghostly Adventures brings the hatewagon out aside from TEETH and "I'm a meme", it feels a bit more complicated than that (but not by much).

I posit that if Pac-man is in without a drop of influence from Ghostly Adventures, the disliking of him would evaporate in weeks.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I want Miis

I want Pacman

The best newcomer so far has been Wii Fit Trainer

I seriously hope Ike, Wolf and ROB dont return

I never considered Ridley as an option for a playable newcomer

I agree with those who say the Wii-U Pro is better than the GC controller

I like Jigglypuff as a fighter (Not sure how unpopular this is)

The only reason I liked Brawl more than Melee was because of the stage builder and its ability to increase replay value, despite of its limited pieces and scenery (I made 316 stages, and I swear, no two were alike)

I dont care how classic or nostalgic it is, SSB64 will never be as good as the new SSB games because of its lack of a side special, and lack of characters and stages

Gezuz, shots will be fired....

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'd rather Ike stay and we get Micaiah instead of a third sword wielding blue haired lord to rep Fire Emblem.

I don't think we'll get another oddball successor to G&W and R.O.B. Fitting candidates for that are few, and aren't the best choices for Smash Bros. I don't particularly mind, but I acknowledge that a lot of people are excited to unlock the new oddball, and I think they'll be disappointed.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
For people trying to speculate the roster, please set your bias aside and add all the characters Salromano has kindly leaked for you to your roster. It will do good for you! (My unpopular opinion)

Last edited:

Dott

Smash Ace
Smash 4 should have an option to switch character voices between japanese and english.

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
Whoaaaaaa. That opinion's a little too unpopular, there, fellow!
This is it. Close the thread. We don't get more unpopular than this. Give him a gold medal. All other unpopular opinions are popular compared to this. Good job.
You just took this thread way too far my good man.
Literally unbeatable opinion.
I think I just found the quickest route to become a pariah. Like, ever.
I'd better pack my things and/or find a place to hide. :urg:

Last edited:

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
Here's my two cents:

People complaining about Pac-man: Any character can have a fighting game-viable moveset with enough creativity. Fox and Captian Falcon are my examples.
That being said, I'm not crazy about Pac-man in the game, but if he does I won't throw a fit.

Not sure how "unpopular" this is, but I really want Palutena in Smash 4. The fact that she is in the Gematsu leak makes me very happy.

I believe Jigglypuff will return as a hidden character.

People complaining about Captain Falcon and Ness need to check themselves. They'll obviously be in the game since Mother and F-Zero related items have been confirmed.

I'm afraid Little Mac, despite his air weakness, will still find a way to become OP.

Giga Mac is stupid. The Star Punch/K.O. Uppercut should have OBVIOUSLY been his Final Smash.

Charizard Y doesn't get represented enough and I hope there's an option to switch between Charizard's Mega Evolutions (not during the match, obviously).

Morbi

Scavenger
Smash isn't a competitive fighting game, it is hardly even a fighting game. It is a party game, a glorified party game. I don't really think that is unpopular though, Wonks got everyone beat.

D

Deleted member

I think I just found the quickest route to become a pariah. Like, ever.
I'd better pack my things and/or find a place to hide. :urg:
Better make it quick, the assassins are already en route to your location.
...****, probably shouldn't have said that.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
:4greninja: still kinda irks me.

He's growing on me, but the irk is still there....

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
I just liked the believable randomness that tripping brought. You had a plan, but then something unexpected happens; you have to react, regroup, and continue on the fight.

Morbi

Scavenger
:4greninja: still kinda irks me.

He's growing on me, but the irk is still there....
You actually reminded me of another unpopular opinion...
:4megaman: is my least favorite video-game character, he bothered me more than Wii Fit Trainer and I was slightly annoyed when he was revealed, he actually killed some of my hype for the game, resulting in my late join date. He is going to be my least used character, I would actually let Blue Pikmin pick the ENTIRE roster just to avoid this piece of... you get it.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
At least he's not licking Ivysaur. :troll:

-Google Chrome is better than Chrom, namely cause it works and is interesting.
-Lloyd Irving is far more unique than Pac-Man and actually has something worthwhile to give, two sword fighting.
-Link will not be above mid tier at best(it makes as much sense as he is good in Smash).

D

Deleted member

-Google Chrome is better than Chrom, namely cause it works and is interesting.
Pff, Firefox is way better than both, ya filthy pleb. *rides away on diamond pony*

Last edited by a moderator:

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Here's an opinion.

I hate that this game turned into something it was never supposed to. As everyone knows, it was intended as a fun, party game you play when you're 15 and you have 3 friends stay the night on a Friday. That's all it is supposed to be. Everyone has there hopes up, and the biggest gripe I hear is "I hope it's not like Brawl." You know what? **** you all for thinking that way. How would you feel if you designed something great, and people used it completely differently from what you intended? It would make you feel ****ty about yourself, and your work. So with Brawl, Sakurai tried to push that party idea further. Brawl was not supposed to be balanced - nor any smash game. You play with items, random elements, so you can laugh your ass off about it. It's HIS freaking IDEA and GAME. He will do what he WANTS with it, and everyone needs to ****ing ACCEPT that.

With smash 4, he's even ACKNOWLEDGING the competitive side of Smash, and so is Nintendo (with this Smash Fest/Tournament) now. Why are you people still complaining!?

Don't get me wrong, I love the competitive side of the game. But the first memories I have of smash is when I was 6 years old staying up all night at my cousins house, playing in bunk beds and making sure we didn't get caught still being up. It was so much fun playing for FUN.

The fact people ***** about not having things that were never intentional in the first place is BS. Get OVER yourselves!

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If he didn't intend for us to be able to play without items, it wouldn't be an option. He's well aware that everybody has a different idea of fun and supports both sides. FYI, fun is how you make it, not anything intended. I have fun on Battlefield battling without items. I have fun on Brinstar with items. Both work.

Fun is subjective. :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom