• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unpopular games that you like?

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Bizarro topic! :p

Anyway, what's a hated game that you somehow enjoyed?

Mine are:

Sonic Heroes
Mario Party 5
Sonic Riders
Donkey Kong 64

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
-Kirby Air Ride
-Pokemon Battle Revolution
-DDR Mario Mix
-RedSteel
-Blue Dragon
-Wario World

I would name more, but I don't feel like thinking. XD

Edit: I guess I'll add Panel De Pon because only the name is known in Japan... I'LL NEVER FORGET TO PLAY YOU!!!

d(T.T)b

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
Wow Viper, you forgot something.
PANEL DE PON!!!
Also:
Pokemon Battle Revolution
The World Ends With You(An unpopular game doesn't necessarily mean a sub-par game. I'm sure lots of people haven't played this gem...yet)
Puzzle League series
Pokemon Trozei
Fire Emblem series(?)

I really enjoy the work of Intelligent Systems and Genious Sonority.

Darkslash

Smash Master
-Red Steel: I beat the game and for some reason the Rag Doll really make me LOL
-Days of Ruin?: Not sure about this one but some fans say it sucks becuase its all dark and they can own becuase the CO's are now Normie AKA they can't pwn stuff with out the help of the CO's.
The World Ends With You?: Not sure about this one. It got positive reviews.
Call of Duty World at War?: Not sure but a majority of people say it sucks becuase its not Modern and will miss the x2 RPG's

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Donkey Kong 64
Nobody hates that game. It's one of the better platformers on the N64.

I'd say the Dragon Quest and Monster Rancher Series. They're not exactly hated on a large scale, but stupid FF and Pokemon fanboys don't know **** about them and pass them off as rip-offs.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Does Metroid Prime 2 Count?

Because after a game like Metroid Prime, it kinda got overshadowed.

Also, I liked Sonic Riders and Heroes.

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
I hated it...

My picks:
Battle Tanx - N64
Cel Damage - Gamecube
Metal Arms: Glitch in the System - Gamecube
XIII - PS2
Jet Set Radio Future - Xbox (one of my main reasons for buying an X360.)
Descent 3 - PC
Z.A.R. - PC (I'd be suprised if you've heard of this)

Solaris1110

Smash Journeyman
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle.

The game lasted almost forever; getting all 260 (?) emblems was an epic task. Also, the game had a huge amount of glitches which gave the game an incredible amount of depth, similar to wavedashing in Melee.

Oh, and The World Ends with You is also a fantastic game. It's sad that few people have played it.

Overload

Smash Lord
elite beat agents
threads of fate
too tired/lazy to think of others right now

PKNessEB

Smash Journeyman
Sonic Riders & SR2:Zero Gravity
The World Ends With You
Pokemon Puzzle League
Mischief Makers-Wish it would returns as a VC game,just cause it was awesome!
Dragon Quest 8-I enjoyed both the FF & DQ games,so not everyone pass it as rip-offs.It has some things that sets it apart from each other.

I have some not listed already,but I don't remembered the at the moment.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I've noticed that pretty much 70 percent of the games that people have listed are popular games.

Unpopular games in America that I like are Dragon Quest and any Megaten game (Shin Megami Tensei, Persona, etc.).
They're popular in Japan. Too bad America doesn't like them as much.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Lunar knights DS
Custom Robo Arena.
Rachet deadlock.
Buck bumble N64

The world ends with you is pretty popular. not pokemon status but popular it's already been posted here 3x
Sonic heros & adventure 2 Battle are popular. (if you have good memory it was advertised quite a bit)

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
hmm, i agree with minato about the games listed so far.

my games: some gundam games, og star trek, and rlly dont like thinking.
Its easier to think of games i dont like that are considered good by a lot of ppl XD.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Sonic Heroes.
Rave Master (?)
Custom Robo
Turok rage wars

Oh!

Shadowman 64 (very good game, much worth the $10 I spent on it)

Games I don't like:
Turok Evolution
Harvest Moon (can't stand farming or real life things, like scar face and Sims)

I can't think of many games that are hated, actually. lol

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Buck Bumble! I'd forgotten about that game. That game kicked all kinds of ***.

Also yes to Snowboard Kids, that game was GREAT.

I like how you can approximate very closely the ages of people just based on their answers to this question.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Oh, how about Guardian's Crusade? I don't know its popular or not, but I love it. (Its an Rpg, but for children, hehe, never got to finish it as a child though) D:

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
If TWEWY counts, then obviously listing that because it rules (but I'd be surprised if it counted)

Rock 'N' Roll Racing: Seriously, this is some old-school retro ***-kicking racing right there. Sweet soundtrack too. It's a SNES/GBA game so go check it out somehow, really.

Front Mission 3: NOBODY seems to give this sweet game love outside of the forum for it at gameFAQS, and even then it's kinda limited.

Vanguard Bandits: pretty much ditto as FM3

Mech Commander series (being Mech Commander, Mech Commander: Desperate Measures, and Mech Commander 2): All of these games were pretty sweet PC games that have pretty low system requirements in this day and age and are just a blast to play.

Red Faction II

007 Nightfire

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Pokemon Puzzle Leauge.
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. One of my favorite pokemon games, all version included.

Animal Crossing... although I guess that game gets pretty good rep. It's a casual game though like most Nintendo games.

Umm, Lineage 2.. I don't know how popular it is. It must not be since I never here about it.

I'm just going by games I hear about the most btw..

Paper Mario saga. Pokemon Colleseum, but that's pretty much it.

McFox reminded me of SnowBoard Kids. Can't forget that. The first one was the BEST though.

Hmm.. let me think of some games growing up now..

I don't know too many. All my NES games were popular.. so I can't say much there.

Oh, Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. One of the best generations imo. Close to beating second.

What do people think about Diddy Kong Racing 64 though? One of the best games EVAR.
Oh, and the Turok series for the 64. Never here much about those.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm not sure, but I think TWEWY did poorly. It's become one of those love it or hate it games. All I know is that it isn't really popular.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Buck Bumble! I'd forgotten about that game. That game kicked all kinds of ***.

Also yes to Snowboard Kids, that game was GREAT.

I like how you can approximate very closely the ages of people just based on their answers to this question.
yea i loved the theme song. that game needs to be put on wiiware. i haven't beaten it beacuse i never got the expansion pack for the controller. lol.

@ Urdailywarter do you know pokemon ruby & sapphire was like the best selling kids game of its time?

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
I'm not sure, but I think TWEWY did poorly. It's become one of those love it or hate it games. All I know is that it isn't really popular.
3rd party game on a Nintendo system = potential bomb. lol

Anyway, Donkey Kong Barrel Blast is another one

Why is it that the cartoony racing games that actually requires skill are seen nothing more than inferior versions of Mario Kart is beyond me. >_>

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Pokemon Puzzle Leauge.
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. One of my favorite pokemon games, all version included.

Animal Crossing... although I guess that game gets pretty good rep. It's a casual game though like most Nintendo games.

Umm, Lineage 2.. I don't know how popular it is. It must not be since I never here about it.

I'm just going by games I hear about the most btw..

Paper Mario saga. Pokemon Colleseum, but that's pretty much it.

McFox reminded me of SnowBoard Kids. Can't forget that. The first one was the BEST though.

Hmm.. let me think of some games growing up now..

I don't know too many. All my NES games were popular.. so I can't say much there.

Oh, Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. One of the best generations imo. Close to beating second.

What do people think about Diddy Kong Racing 64 though? One of the best games EVAR.
Oh, and the Turok series for the 64. Never here much about those.
OMG! I think, that Diddy Kong Racing 64 is one of the games I can say that I might own at, hahaha. I love that game, and I am so glad I can still play it. ;3

Also, I mentioned Evolution, but also, I love Rage wars. ;p

derek.haines

Smash Ace
Xenogears (I love bloated JRPGs for some reason), Timesplitters: Future Perfect, Metal Arms: Glitch in the System, Super Paper Mario, Yoshi's Island DS, and some others that I'll continue to post as I think of them.

I actually end up liking alot of "bad" games. Maybe they just make me laugh, but I have trouble hating on bad games because they really can be so much fun.

Pikminmaniac

Smash Cadet

I'd say the Dragon Quest and Monster Rancher Series. They're not exactly hated on a large scale, but stupid FF and Pokemon fanboys don't know **** about them and pass them off as rip-offs.
Especially seeing as how Final Fantasy is actually a rip off of the Dragon Quest Series. DQ invented the popular turn based battle system it still uses today and FF came out a year or two afterwards wiith the exact same system.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball (SNES)
Vegas Stakes (SNES)
Adventures of Batman and Robin (SNES)
Road Rash 64
Frogger (PS1)

Alot of my favorite games are popular and I bet all of these except Vegas Stakes are as well.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Gotcha force (a lot of people do like the game, but it has a bad rep from stupid professional reviewers)
Sonic Heroes
Shadow the Hedgehog (Okay, it wasn't really that good, but it's not as horrible as other people say. Not as bad as sonic 06 at least)
Snowboard Kids for DS (I actually preferred it over the n64 titles. Don't know why everyone hates it so much)
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (This game seems to get a lot of flak from DKC fanboys for some reason.....)
Spongebob squarepants: battle for bikini bottom (Don't be fooled by the license. It's a surprisingly good platformer, that pretty much nobody over the age of 8 has played, except for me.)

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Mario Party 5
That game was a really good game. It was my 1st mario party.
The minigames were awesome (my favourite was the one where you fight on the star and there's all those fish falling from the sky).

Another would have to be the new dragon quest monster game for DS where you collect monsters and battle. You had to synthisis like 10000 times to beat the final boss.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Top Bottom