• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Unleashing a 2-D Horror - A Game and Watch Thread

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
#Nickriddle #Denti #Strong Bad #V115 #DRN #Sethlon #Oracle #Delux
I actually teared up a little that I'm a hashtag in the company of the caliber of players on this list.

Metà

Smash Master
In unrelated news, I also think Wolf is by far the least offensive of the space animals and is a pretty manageable match-up since he can't just get random kills at 60%. I base this on playing against Rat, who I do think is considered a good wolf.
wolf can KO GW hella early with side-b, and it's pretty easy to set up. i don't think rat goes for them as much as some wolfs
idk man, i think still falco is still more managable than wolf (not by a lot, but definitely more manageable)
trust me, falco is harder than wolf. those lasers shut him down so hard, down-b is just a gimmick imo. he can't handle the pressure that falco dishes out

Artimus

Smash Apprentice

This whole conversation.

GW has bad MU's against characters with low commitment moves, that is the only issue I see with any MU. Just don't **** up. c:

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
hmm, seems some people said some ~things. How about a new topic.

Is it worth it to try and force grabs at 0% on FFers? I haven't really gotten a chance to test out the effectiveness of the new FThrow and whether or not it's chain throw is legit.

What do you guys do when you get a low% grab on Spacies?

Also I got a new job fight before NERD RAGE (╥﹏╥)

I was so looking for ward to this weekend.

Nemiak temp

Smash Apprentice
I always up-throw FFers. Forward throw seems really jank to me, I can never get consistent results with it so I don't bother. I've said it like 30 times before but the removal of his melee d-throw breaks my heart :crying: But chain grab up-throw the spacies with some jabs and up-tilts sprinkled in for the xtra %. The only time I feel confident against spacies is when my grab game is on point.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
dacusing at low percents is awesome

though its honestly dumb as **** because its soooooooo goood

pleasebringback2.5bdashattack.mpeg.exe.flac.cue.bat

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Got 17th. Lost to Strong Bad (Wario) R1 and Pyre (DK) in Losers R2 or 3 after getting out of pools. Got the bad side of a 3-way tie.

Kirk (1st) (2-0 vs everyone)
5-1 (2nd) (0-2 L vs Kirk), (2-1 W vs me), (1-2 L vs Pyre)
Pyre (3rd) (0-2 L vs Kirk), (2-1 W vs 5-1), (1-2 L vs me)
Me (4th) (0-2 L vs Kirk), (0-2 L vs 5-1), (2-1 W vs Pyre)

We all 2-0'd everyone else in the pool.

New things I learned:

Squirtle is more gay that I thought.
Holy what the ***** is Lucas.
Wario is 4-6, so I guess this is a thing I already knew.
Wolf is 45-55 or 5-5 like I thought it was.
Kirk's Bowser is real.
Oro ZSS is real, but I didn't get to play him with Watch. I didn't really want to.
DK is like 55-45 or 5-5, probably?
Sonic feels better than in 2.5, but it's still kind of a hard MU.
Link feels about 45-55, kinda like I thought.
Maybe Peach is worse than I thought.
I should bacon a lot more.
Pit is a pretty fun MU until he left right left right's away from me.
Oracle is a pretty cool guy who doesn't afraid of anything.
Don't play **** you aren't 100% certain in playing. I got 4-stocked by StrongBad's Wario with Marth and then almost beat him in Game 2 with Game and Watch.

Yung Mei

PM changelist is up
http://smashboards.com/threads/project-m-demo-2-6b-released-changelist-up.340142/

P:M changes
-All taunt buttons are able to be used to footstool
-Footstooling someone who is paralyzed, such as after Zero Suit Samus' Down Smash and Neutral B, does not put them in the footstooled animation when jumped off of
-All Armor has been standardized via knockback as Light, Medium, or Heavy. There are color indicators for the characters that have armor during their moves, such as Red for Bowser and Blue for Squirtle, with more opaque overlays generally indicating stronger armor
-The window to release the jump button after starting an aerial to DJC (Ness, Lucas) has been extended
-The DamageFlyRoll animation is no longer based on damage (random while 100+ damage), but knockback instead
-When the C-Stick is set to Attack or Special, it no longer also inputs jumps
-When tap jumping, the game no longer checks for if the player is not holding the C-Stick
-When a character is respawning, the camera refocuses instead of staying focused on the characters that are currently still alive
-The powershield window no longer decrements during hitlag or shieldstun, allowing successive hits on a multi-hit attack to also be powershielded in addition to the first if kept in shieldstun and unable to drop the shield
-The physical powershield drop animation is now interruptible with shield in addition to A and B moves
-Screen KOs have been removed as a temporary fix until it is possible to make them the same duration as Star KOs
-All music tracks are available regardless of being unlocked on the save file or not
-Training Mode is now the default Solo Mode selection in the main menu
-Issues with Mario and Zero Suit Samus being selected significantly more than other characters with Random Select resolved
-Team shield colors now work properly when Team Attack is On
-Various recovery moves with long transitions into Special Fall adjusted to not grab backwards for as long after falling
Game&watch Specific changes
-TechRolls and TechStand are slightly delayed at the start to be harder to read. Same invincibility, distance, and total durations as before
-Dash Attack has a hitbox at the very start of the move that sends forward
-Forward Tilt's late hit is weaker, sends more vertically, and is slightly smaller in size
-Forward Smash is capable of hitting multiple times
-Down Smash sweetspot on the hammers is now a meteor against grounded opponents with compensated KB, allowing for combos at low damage
-Down Air is interruptible sooner in the air
-All Throws appear identical in animation until the opponent is released
-Down Throw does slightly more damage
-All Neutral B foods are fire element and able to melt Ice, instead of only Shrimp
-Neutral B depending on frequency of use has a chance of launching large foods that spin slower, are more damaging, and stun longer than normal. Damage scales a little bit on each with Sausage<Shrimp<Fish<Steak
-Neutral B foods do slightly less damage at normal size
-Neutral B foods' random trajectories can be limited to the upper or lower three by holding up or down
-Neutral B pan hit window is a bit shorter
-Side B has new graphical effects to indicate whether the next judgement hammer will be an odd or even number

Yung Mei

we need to do a general gnw character writeup. we have like, 40 threads and everythings disorganized

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I picked up GnW and I came onto here to see stuff about him. I didn't want to post/got discouraged at first and because I saw so many threads that seemed to be similar and I didn't know where to read up.

Yung Mei

went to a coupel tournaments played a good amount of friendlies will post new matchups/thoughts when im not tired

OK, so heres my thoughts on a few other matchups i played at gc and other places

GNW/Link is DEFINITELY not as bad as you guys made it out to be. You all made it sound like it was completely unwinnable, nope. Its tough (because of boomerang, at least imo, that **** is amazingly good against GNW), otherwise everything is completely manageable. The Link i played was Apples, who was also the wario i played the previous GC.

D3/GNW is pretty bad for us bair is pretty damn good against us, and a lot of stuff outranges us. This matchup you can either go GNW and lose a quite a bit more than other matchups, or just pick falcon, falcon ****s up D3, its pretty hilarious. D3's i played were Balefireboy and Big D

Charizard/GNW, is a manageable matchup, BUT you gotta be careful of charizards d/ftilts, nair is pretty good, i cant remember if it hit through dair though, so be carefuly in the air, nair combos into hella stuff. Charizard i played was Spartamus, ive played him quite a few times in tourney.

GNW/Rob, i played an actual good ROB player from oregon, OMGage or something i cant remember. Forward attacks are so damn good against gnw, laser can catch you off guard so wary of it - top isnt that good against gnw.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I might help write up some stuff for GnW, maybe. This might be something for that mythical GnW Skype group, but you know... whatever.

What I learned refined since Nerd Rage:

Peach is a losing matchup... but not by a lot. Peach float, like it is in most matchup, is a very important tool. Her maneuverability in the air and strong whiff-punishing ability makes it so you have to keep yourself honest with throwing attacks. It goes without saying that GnW has a lot of commitment to his important attacks (short of downtilt), but it's very important to disrupt her floats and pluck timings. The difficulty in navigating the neutral combined with Peach's stronger comparatively edge-guarding tools is what makes this MU difficult, but luckily both punish games onstage are really strong. Stay honest, punish whiffs and make sure you don't get whiff punished.

Marth may in fact be close to even.

I've been playing a lot of casuals with Sheik, Falcon and Marth recently outside of this.

Yung Mei

yeah lets make a gnw skype group

My skype is Calvo819

Yung Mei

yeah lets make a gnw skype group

My skype is Calvo819

how that double post happened i dont even know

Dakpo

Smash Lord
D3/GNW is pretty bad for us bair is pretty damn good against us, and a lot of stuff outranges us. This matchup you can either go GNW and lose a quite a bit more than other matchups, or just pick falcon, falcon ****s up D3, its pretty hilarious. D3's i played were Balefireboy and Big D

I agree with most everything you said except DDD
I played the best DDD, Fly, and I got to say that this match up is great for us. We can body him with Bacon. He just is to big to get around it. Bair is annoying, but doesnt matter if he can't jump due to bacon. We shouldnt be in a position trying to beat and duel with his bair anyways. We can also bucket waddle Dee lazer for super strong bucket :)

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Yea bacon is just as effective on DDD as Ganondorf if not more so.
But bucketing stars is useless because you have a better punish in nair and he can cancel it and have no stars.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
It was more of a joke on Oracle's part lol
Also, if you can punish with a nair, you might as well go for a Dair combo

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
tilts my friend. She can't handle disjoint;0

Unfortunately, her float can handle tilt disjoint and SHB just fine, which is the largest part of the problem. In terms of her air mobility and whiff punishing, she is about as problematic as Wario in the air.

SH Fair is probably the best thing we've got in this MU.

I will also say that HankyPanky is very good and in general is better than I am, but still, float is very problematic to deal with. Also he is smart enough that I can rarely kill him at low %s. It feels like Marth vs Peach but without fair and utilt.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
why is she floating when you can spam bacon?
Because GnW doesn't have the mobility to actively stop her from floating and the fact that she AC's from float means that she actually has a lot of punish windows to stop him from doing that?

Also, you should really join the GnW Skype group thing. Getting the perspective of the most successful GnW main would be very useful.

Nemiak temp

Smash Apprentice
Peach can definitely handle GnWs disjoint lol. Crouch cancel fair to (literally) 68%. By that time we've been hit by at least two down-smashes. Seeeeeeyaaaa GnW. (Meanwhile Peach lives way too long because we don’t have much of a reliable way to kill her before like 120. Unless we get a random hammer or up-smash). Also if Dair is connecting to Hammer then your opponent is a moron. (Unless whoever posted that was joking, in which case get out. Seriouslies only in the GnW Forums)

Nemiak temp

Smash Apprentice
Hmm. Read tilts as **** for some reason lmao. But I agree tilts are good against Peach. "GnW doesn't have the mobility to actively stop her from floating"
Dunno bout that. Bacon bro. Also GnW has a great wavedash/waveland. Make use of it.

Top Bottom