• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unknown's Pichu is better than GrimTuesday's and Nicknyte's by a lot

Pi

Smash Hero
lol@unknown actually getting upset about what some random pichu players say about his pichu

you'd think he actually had pride in his pichu or something haha

KingClubber

Smash Ace
In a dark underground base in the middle of L.A
Some how i feel this whole thing was just some type of unusual trolling thread. Not sure but it feels that ways.

And how is Agility useless? How would you recover without it? Agility has many properities that can make it a great tool, people seem to just blow it off. And Aesir you lied, IGC does not agree with you about agility.

Also @ Unknown - I can really say which pichu is better then another pichu because there is no Top Pichu, I've heard people say it's you, i heard people say it's ICG, and other here have self proclaimed they're the best. But where are al these video's that show who is the better pichu, The last video besides this current i seen u play pichu was over 2 or 3 years old, and it wasn't much different game play from before.

If your the best congrats, but i don't see anything to prove it fact.

And Finally, Yes i get it "If N-air can't do it, nothing can." But that doesn't mean i can't try, I know pichu is limited on powerful attacks that WORK well, but some of these other attack can be put to use instead of looking like a broken record doing nothing but n-airs, u-airs, and chain grabs.

Now i wait for Aesir to insert foot into mouth as always, or says something that usually makes me angry.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
If I am incorrect, I am sorry, but no one said agility is useless, but its not as good as what some people think, even as a mindgame, its easy to figure out. Just dont use it on falco too much :D

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Some how i feel this whole thing was just some type of unusual trolling thread. Not sure but it feels that ways.
it is.

And how is Agility useless? How would you recover without it? Agility has many properities that can make it a great tool, people seem to just blow it off. And Aesir you lied, IGC does not agree with you about agility.
its not as useful as you think it is. And he's talking about perfect agility stuff, not recovering.
I didn't lie either, ICG told me that on skype, lol. you probably just mutilated what i said when you asked him.

And Finally, Yes i get it "If N-air can't do it, nothing can." But that doesn't mean i can't try, I know pichu is limited on powerful attacks that WORK well, but some of these other attack can be put to use instead of looking like a broken record doing nothing but n-airs, u-airs, and chain grabs.
I understand his logic behind it... He's playing very simple, because that works. When you're playing to win, why would you choose a worse option?

Now i wait for Aesir to insert foot into mouth as always, or says something that usually makes me angry.
sorry, but ***-2-mouth time is at 3:17.
besides, you always get angry when people disagree with you. It makes me wonder why you start debates in the first place .-.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
The pichu threads is full of seriousness. Ill upload some vids for you chumps to show how to have fun with pichu, not create bashing threads, yo. Peaceouts

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I had no idea the Pichu boards were so tense. I will never* troll here again.

On a less dramatic note, I do think Pichu's u-tilt is actually a move that's underutilized. The hitbox on it looks ridiculous. And I bet you could probably do some funky setups with it. Similarly, I think f-tilt onstage probably has some potential. And d-tilt. I'm not sure where, yet, but I'm sure there's some sex kicks that up angled f-tilt has a chance of beating.

I'm also intrigued on Pichu's d-smash now that I realize that it has like 3 frames where he's completely invincible. Surely there's something exploitable there. I remember M2K saying he WD back d-smash gimps sometimes; has anyone else had success with something like that?

*not a guarantee. I may troll here again.

Pi

Smash Hero
^i had pretty much all of those thoughts upon looking at his hitboxes

but tbh i think you'd be better off testing yourself vs. asking the pichu boards since it'll probabaly digress into another 'yes it works vs. no it doesn't' debate

Pi

Smash Hero
pichu is fun man idk what you're talkin about
yea, you don't win
and yea, you die at like super low %'s
and sure maybe your combo's don't produce much damage/put them in a bad position
and okay fine you can't really space anything and your moves hurt you and your recovery is pretty bad

but i mean like you're this lil yellow rat running around doing flips & ****

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Nicknyte and Unknown's Pichu is probably better anyway. Pretty sure Bam would wreck anyone else that tried. More often than not you play the PLAYER not the character, some strats you guys talk about don't work.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
i like utilit .-.
it combos at mid/high percent on some characters. I mean, its usually better to pull out an upsmash, but utilt is still useful. I do utilt -> fair -> utilt combos sometimes. I think its a pretty decent setup move.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
no. Upsmash is better at low percent and killing percent, but there are times when utilt will lead into a combo and upsmash will just send them too high to follow up and to low to kill them.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
if he wastes his jump you could probably u-tilt under him if he tries to combo break with nair or whatever and then do something okay

i say "okay" because bowser has up+b and a reasonable air dodge so your combos are expected to be fairly sane on him (or do uair stuff)

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
uthrow chain grab and dthrow techchase for a bit, then your dthrow chaingrabs around 50% or 70% or something (i forget... i haven't played against a bowser for awhile and i'm too lazy to check right now.)

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I understand his logic behind it... He's playing very simple, because that works. When you're playing to win, why would you choose a worse option?
I'm wondering if I should call you out on the hypocrisy in this statement.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
lol. silly jaiye, you just don't understand how I think. Also, get out of these boards. I banished you.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Meh. I guess I'm not in the mood for that kind of discourse, least of all here.

Have fun. =P

Pi

Smash Hero
would depend heavily on the chars he'd fight. pretty sure pichu gets **** on really hard by any fox worth their salt.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
enh. I don't think so. Pichu has stuffs against fox. you can just like... chaingrab and tech chase a bunch. also easy combos and whatnots. Laser camping is dumb vs Pichu because we can just agility and stuff.
if fox gets offstage he shouldn't be getting back either.
but he has his upsmash and his uair. and those are kinda annoying.
but we've had this discussion before. Imo, Pichu/Fox is 70-30 fox.

Now then, Pichu/Marth on the otherhand, thats a really dumb matchup.

Top Bottom