• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unknown's Pichu is better than GrimTuesday's and Nicknyte's by a lot

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
hmmm...
Its smarter.

but it dun't combos gud :(
Uair is a funny man. Use it more. Also try some other approaches and you also jolt kinda dumb... don't jolt when they are that close to you <_<

as for nicknyte's pichu... Its overrated. lol. I don't think anybody said he was the best Pichu player... I don't watch Grim's pichu, so can't compare. but yea.

unknown522

Some guy
hmmm...
Its smarter.

but it dun't combos gud :(
Uair is a funny man. Use it more. Also try some other approaches and you also jolt kinda dumb... don't jolt when they are that close to you <_<

as for nicknyte's pichu... Its overrated. lol. I don't think anybody said he was the best Pichu player... I don't watch Grim's pichu, so can't compare. but yea.
lol, look at this guy.

you can try to challenge falco's d-air with u-air if you want

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Unknown, Aesir think he knows a good Pichu. As far as I'm concerned, Unknown is the best Pichu in North America, I am just the best in the States :D

Call it overrated if you want, but...well, how do you overrate Pichu?

EDIT: I smell some regional bias in this thread. :D <3 kk

Pi

Smash Hero
wat i thought this thread was a joke lol
at the very least this video does't display any higher level pichu knowledge than someone can learn in 1hr of playing the character lol

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Actually, from this video we can learn how pointless Agility mindgames are vs Falco. And in general. :awesome:

edit:

This thread is mainly a joke but I'm not kidding about the Agility thing. Agility stuff is way more situational than GrimTuesday and co. make it out to be. It's not much better than just... running forward... most of the time.

:lol:

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Ahhh, I don't have streaming at work, so I assumed that it was serious, lol my bad. Agility is very situational. Sure, there is a low amount of lag, but its still laggy enough to be punished hard, by Falco :D

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Yeah idk why people get so excited over Agility. It's alright. But it's not like... amazing.

I guess it's the same reason why so many Ness players try to do the super low DJC Fair rather than just learning good Fair spacing. The special tech is cooler, so why not spam it?

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Actually, from this video we can learn how pointless Agility mindgames are vs Falco. And in general. :awesome:

edit:

This thread is mainly a joke but I'm not kidding about the Agility thing. Agility stuff is way more situational than GrimTuesday and co. make it out to be. It's not much better than just... running forward... most of the time.

:lol:
this is grim and clubber only... nobody else thinks agility should be used often.

As for uair (@Unknown)... Uair ***** falco. I shouldn't have told you to use it as an approach, but Uair combos falco amazingly.

this is what i liked about your pichu: It spaces great, it sets up grabs well, and it chaingrabs well

here is what i dislike: all you do is shffl nair and chaingrab. You're combo game in general is not that good. And you suck at recovering.

and nicknyte... you forget that: there are no pichu players. tbh, ICG has a better pichu than you. You're pichu isn't bad, i really like it ^^
same goes for unknown, I like his pichu, but it has its problems...

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
My Pichu is a novelty character for me, not a main, but I do enjoy improving it, for extra trolling. I am sure ICG Pichu is better, as that is his main, but trust me, my Pichu isn't bad. Ask Kage and Vectorman about it. Oh ho hoooo~.

Pi

Smash Hero
this is grim and clubber only... nobody else thinks agility should be used often.

As for uair (@Unknown)... Uair ***** falco. I shouldn't have told you to use it as an approach, but Uair combos falco amazingly.

this is what i liked about your pichu: It spaces great, it sets up grabs well, and it chaingrabs well

here is what i dislike: all you do is shffl nair and chaingrab. You're combo game in general is not that good. And you suck at recovering.

and nicknyte... you forget that: there are no pichu players. tbh, ICG has a better pichu than you. You're pichu isn't bad, i really like it ^^
i don't think this post will be received the way you want it to be lol

lagless agility has it's uses, but it is slow and more predictable than they seem to think

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Nicknyte, i didn't say it was bad <_<

and yea... i reread it now... its not going to be read like i meant it to be... but w/e

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Elvis your pichu sucks. It lost to my pichu.

:3

Hey Aesir, you're free. Stop playing a ****ty character and use GNW. He's pretty amazing.

Cactuar, Cactus.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Why don't you point out where he could have done something better rather than make such general statements? Mostly interested in your thoughts on jolt use and recovery. I don't really agree with your sentiment on Uair and combos just because they were on FD. There's no real reason to be fancy with Pichu combos if you can just link something into grab and then go to death on Falco. It's hard for most characters to do something better than a CG, and Pichu is no exception.

I've seen him do some really cool stuff but it's usually in friendlies or on stages that aren't FD. FD isn't really conducive to "coolness" with most characters, I think. Not if you're also trying to win.

KingClubber

Smash Ace
In a dark underground base in the middle of L.A
I want to see a video of Aesir playing so i can point out time where agility could have been of use but since he only uses it twice in a match at most he didn't see it.

but onto the topic at hand

Unknown plays with pichu the ways it's been played for years, chaining N-airs, and Chain-grabs. Pichu has other options, but people skip of them because of the recoil damage, Unknown does this too.

Pichu can also gimp people pretty easy, and unknown missed those opportunities but i give him credit for using f-tilt sense the f-tilt is like a sex kick on ground.

Unknown approach's are very aggressive, i don't know if pichu should play like that against an aggressor like Falco since he's a heavy hitter. I guess Unknown plays Pichu on his own time, and was feeling lucky at the moment.

So my answer would be no vs Nicknyte's, and Maybe vs Grim. The only reason why maybe is because i haven't seen any of grim fights with pichu.

I'd say Unknown is old school though, but this is the speediest pichu i've seen so far.

Pi

Smash Hero
Why don't you point out where he could have done something better rather than make such general statements? Mostly interested in your thoughts on jolt use and recovery. I don't really agree with your sentiment on Uair and combos just because they were on FD. There's no real reason to be fancy with Pichu combos if you can just link something into grab and then go to death on Falco. It's hard for most characters to do something better than a CG, and Pichu is no exception.

I've seen him do some really cool stuff but it's usually in friendlies or on stages that aren't FD. FD isn't really conducive to "coolness" with most characters, I think. Not if you're also trying to win.
why are you encouraging this =|

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Unknown plays with pichu the ways it's been played for years, chaining N-airs, and Chain-grabs. Pichu has other options, but people skip of them because of the recoil damage, Unknown does this too.

For how much he jolts and grab attacks, I don't think he's worried about the recoil. I think he avoids Fair and Dair vs FFers on FD because he thinks they're better on platforms or against floaties and medium fallers.

Pichu can also gimp people pretty easy, and unknown missed those opportunities but i give him credit for using f-tilt sense the f-tilt is like a sex kick on ground.

Yeah his edgeguarding wasn't great in this match. But I think chain grabbing is superior to gimps on FD because of the consistency of chain grabbing. You're free to disagree on that, but I think it was wiser to CG Bam to 120%+ and kill him the easy way than to go for a B-throw gimp. Especially 'cuz Unknown is great at the CG.

Unknown approach's are very aggressive, i don't know if pichu should play like that against an aggressor like Falco since he's a heavy hitter. I guess Unknown plays Pichu on his own time, and was feeling lucky at the moment.

It's a mystery, what goes on in his head sometimes.

So my answer would be no vs Nicknyte's, and Maybe vs Grim. The only reason why maybe is because i haven't seen any of grim fights with pichu.

You're a terrible judge of skill, but at least you're honest about it. Grim is horrible by virtue of living in Australia. I doubt either of them would make 1st seed in APEX 2010 pools going almost all Pichu either (Unknown used Fox vs Banks).

I'd say Unknown is old school though, but this is the speediest pichu i've seen so far.

Funny how the speediest Pichu is also the least agile. Oh well.
Responses in bold.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
I am not sure what he means by "no vs. Nicknyte". Can someone let me in the know? Anyway, when I watched the video, I saw, mostly nairs > chain grabs at 80% percent or so. I think unknown should use more uairs against heavies :D

I think too many pichu players, and most players in general, think too much about the recoil damage. This is my philosphy:

"If you are going to lose damage regardless, rather you hurt yourself for an advantage, than save damage for a defeat." First upB part 1%, Second upB part 3%, jolt 2%ish percent. Avoid using fairs, and use accurate dairs to opponents offstage, and recoil shouldn't be an issue. They will be laughing at you when you hurt yourself, but they won't be when that jolt launches them into an Usmash, n'est-ce pas?

KingClubber

Smash Ace
In a dark underground base in the middle of L.A
I meant that you had the better pichu, Fair can be used as an gimping tool at low precentage for dragging down enemy who could recover vertically i would wouldn't try it against marth though his is way to fast. But against others like Falco (Below ledge level), or Mario you could get a pretty easy kill.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
I meant that you had the better pichu, Fair can be used as an gimping tool at low precentage for dragging down enemy who could recover vertically i would wouldn't try it against marth though his is way to fast. But against others like Falco (Below ledge level), or Mario you could get a pretty easy kill.
I can't see a real opportunity for fair, mainly on falco, where nair, or even the dair is a better option. I think a dtilt is a better option. The fair works a lot like marth's OverB, but without the same floatyness, I would expect that after the little jolts hit the opponent, you will be too low/out of jumps to follow up with anything else. Of course, I won't demean you from ftilting, if that is what you desire :D

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Alright, neat. Couldn't you just F-tilt > run off / jump off Nair in a lot of those situations, though? Or ledgehop Nair?

I mean, I love his Fair, but his F-tilt is straight up crazy.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Because Sakarai knows when to add a hitbox. Apparently he is a friend of Xzibit.

Yo dawg, I heard you like Hitboxes, so...

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
i think pichu's head should be invincible whenever he moves. just saying.

And ftilt is so funz ^^
but yea clubber, fair gimps are just for looking fancy... i'd rather ftilt or fsmash

As for watching a video of me, I'll post one when i get more time. You can watched me get ***** if you really want :\

but If i do then i want you to go to a tournament and play a real player and film that. and I'll point out all of the times when it was stupid of you to agility and all of the times where you get punished for trying to agility to much.

Agility is a better mindgame when they forget that you can do it. so 2 times a match maximum, no more than 6 times a set. Unless they are not able to punish you (usually for techchases or something)

unknown522

Some guy
Unknown, Aesir think he knows a good Pichu. As far as I'm concerned, Unknown is the best Pichu in North America, I am just the best in the States :D
thanks

because it's useless

this guy comes in and starts insulting my play.

$1000 MM Bo7. Take it or STFU

Also, I use n-air a lot because it's one of his few good moves. That's why he's a bad character.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I wasn't trying to insult your pichu... I was just saying how i thought it could be even better.
And yes, nair is a good move.

everybody gets so defensive all the time :\
I think i do too... but i don't notice it...

unknown522

Some guy
well it's pretty insulting when:

- When you insult my whole gameplay in that match
- say that I do dumb things, when you don't even know what my intentions were
- saying that other people are better than me who clearly aren't

You expect me to play perfectly in a high level set with huge amounts of pressure coming down.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
well it's pretty insulting when:

- When you insult my whole gameplay in that match
not trying to.
just pointed out stuff that i saw.

- say that I do dumb things, when you don't even know what my intentions were
- saying that other people are better than me who clearly aren't
said that to nicknyte, not you.

You expect me to play perfectly in a high level set with huge amounts of pressure coming down.
lol. no i don't. I am impressed that you are able to play this well with pichu in high level play.

Top Bottom