• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unknown's Pichu is better than GrimTuesday's and Nicknyte's by a lot

KingClubber

Smash Ace
In a dark underground base in the middle of L.A
It's pointless to argue aesir, Pichu's match up chart might as well be 0-100 to everyone. Unless someone proves otherwise, pichu will never be regarded worth spending hours learn how to play with him.

Any combo's pichu does have aeren't worth a much if anything at all because, pichu can pretty much solve his problems with a well placed N-air, good ledge guarding, and/or Gimping.

Pichu is quick, small, has great air mobility, and has descent falling speed which make his N-air just as effect as fox, or falco's N-air, if not better sometimes.

But i do agree that marth is one of pichu worst match-ups.

Anyone who knows how to set up a grab and follow up throws, and/or chain grab can take advantage of Pichu's grab game.

Anyone who can pick up spacing can take advantage of his speed and his few great attack's.

Anyone who can read opponent movements can take advantage of his small size and speed to bait and punish moves. There isn't really much to learn about pichu when he is played like this, because everything else about pichu becomes unnecessary.

I just take a different road then this, which pretty much sets up for failure because i'm working against what works, and taking up unnecessary recoil damage, while trying to sneak under people's guard.

Pi

Smash Hero
pichu has no range to compete w/ foxs speed, all of pichu's stuff can be CC'd sept like uair, which is specific to land, and if you miss it then you probably got grabbed

fox has a good dash dance, amazing speed, and all of his **** combo's into more ****

any mistake you can capitalize on fox can do that, and probably 3 more that you can't

and all of his punishes lead into more punishes, and he can kill you at stupid low %'s from grab, or jab, or shine tech chase up smash

grabs and tech chases are great, but literally every character can do that on him, look at sheik, her grab game > pichu's, her tech chases > pichu, and her gimps > pichu's

but she still loses to fox

basic fox strats just make it extremely hard for pichu to win a match
i just don't see a mango level pichu winning against a ~lovage/col bol level fox
her tools aren't as versatile or devestating as fox, and with counterpicks (stages) pichu's options get severely limited.

it's one thing to get 2 stocks off someone, it's another thing entirely to win a match. and then a set on top of that.

Pichu is quick, small, has great air mobility, and has descent falling speed which make his N-air just as effect as fox, or falco's N-air, if not better sometimes.
what? maybe for getting the first hit in, but look at what fox's and falcons nair leads into and look at what pichu's nair leads into

any character can mindgame the first hit, it's not hard, melee is way to fast to counter every approach option perfectly against any character, but it's the fact that characters like fox, falcon, and marth profit soooooo muchhhh more from most of their hits than other characters do

take samus vs. marth for example, i can land a ftilt, it's not difficult, but it doesn't combo into ****
ideally i need to land a dtilt, uptilt, or dair to combo into more ****, which as a whole vs. marth is extremely hard
dtilt is probably the most reliable, and that's from CCing a hit into it

but then look at marth, he may not be able to combo me like fox or falco, but if he lands pretty much tipper ANYTHING it puts me into the air, and then he keeps me there

the only reason it's not a terrible matchup for samus is because marth doesn't edgeguard samus as easily/effectively as samus edgeguards him, and therefore doesn't die as soon as she does, so she can afford to get less followups because it's going to take him ~30/40% more on average to kill samus than it does for samus to kill marth

pichu doesn't have that luxury, vs. anyone

you're thinking about first level **** clubber, i can play pichu and nair people all day, but i can't lead it into a knee or an upsmash or a dair spike

another example is to look at DK, and ness

their bair & fair (respectively) are pretty easy to land, that doesn't make them as good as jiggs's & marth's bair and fair (respectively) because while both moves may be equally easy to land, they can't both be followed up as hard

i'm not saying it's impossible to win with pichu, what i am trying to say is that you will indeed have to be a much better player than your opponent to win

i do not feel mango is far enough ahead of lovage/jman/col bol/cyrain to win with pichu.

clubber you are far too defensive, if you refuse to see the knowledge in seemingly 'anti-pichu' posts then you aren't going to improve as much as you could

KingClubber

Smash Ace
In a dark underground base in the middle of L.A
Umm, are you confused or something?

i think you need to reread that post, it was anything but defensive.

And i'm all for anti-pichu, but i'm against anti-pichu's comments that aren't helping fix the problems, and just degrade pichu at every corner, kinda like what you just did right now.

but i'm not going to bother arguing with you, you seem to just be looking for a fight.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Apparently if your Nair is fresh, perfect low Nair at 12% gives you +1 frame advantage. It can be staled to 11% to break even, though.

Because of this, I feel that low Nair > grab should be used more because it ***** (on paper).

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
yes it works. I believe nicknyte did it in the one video of himself that he always references.
Uair is a better grab setup than nair though.

also pichu dropzone. Lolz. works on like... roy... and a few other chars I think. but its not useful most of the time just fancy. fthrow -> dair. use it on people who have a jumping out of hitstun habit. idk the percents. Its not a real dropzone though, my friend just called it that once so yea. I think dthrow might work if they DI stupidly. but they'd have to be ******** to do that. maybe fthrow at super low percent could lead to a real dropzone type thing. I just kinda typed this for no reason, it doesn't really belong in this thread, but w/e.

Pichu is a crap char. Was anybody saying he was better than sheik? He's underrated, but not that much... Pichu does haves his stuff against fox though, fox has stuff against him, but we have the advantage of people just not giving a **** about the pichu matchup so they don't learn our stuff. I guess it shouldn't really be considered an advantage at all, but it kind of is, people just don't know how to play against us as well. they try to do stuff that works against pika or something, idk.

Even a good player is gonna get a little bit messed up by something different like that, although it wouldn't last for long if they can adapt well.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
lol, this thread is still going?
Thats what Im saying lol

How in AesirGod's name, is Uair a better grab set up? lol With his rediculous set knockback, i think its better reserved for, you know a nair followup.

I think a shield blocked nair > run behind shield > bthrow does wonders :D

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
oh yea that is true. Also, I meant uair is better at low percent (on like fox/falco and such).
Sorry for posting like a ******* :)

Top Bottom