• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unbelievable! Also: How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

• It should be whenever you want (like Zelda / Sheik)

Votes: 413 24.3%
  • It should be only after Samus' "Super Smash" (like in the movie - this would mean items must be on)

Votes: 74 4.4%
  • It should be only after something happens to Samus (like taking a certain amount of damage)

Votes: 163 9.6%
  • Zamus should be a seperate character all-together

Votes: 869 51.1%
  • I don't really care, I'm happy with whatever

Votes: 182 10.7%

• Total voters

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
OK. Now go to my very first post at the top of this page where I say "I DON'T THINK the same character should be represented twice." That was my personal opinion on how I feel brawl should be in terms of multiple incarnations. I wasn't trying to state any facts about melee, just opinions about brawl.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
OK it's just your post was kind of confusing, however it's unlikely that all the characters will be combined because some won't want to play as the other type etc. (imagine if every time link did his dair and hit the ground he switched between adult and young link

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
I heard a rumor somewhere that said that every stage of the game would be modificable or something. It means that in the heat of the battle you could burn stuff or destroy things to expand to a new area. IMO that would be cool for some stages but not for ALL of them, but then again, the first stage that appeared on the trailer doesn't seem to be "modificable". Oh and the other rumor was that you could now customize your character clothes and moves but that sounds like bull****.

TAMASHI

Smash Apprentice
Masahiro Sakurai has done it again, making yet another masterpiece to add on to the Super Smash Bros. series. I cannot wait for this game to come out, same as millions of smashers around the world. With new playable characters, new stages, and a better adventure mode, I think this game will be the best title for the new Wii, and start a new generation of smashing around the world.

Rikitikitimbo18

Smash Cadet
Gameing Chars

i know alot of you think that some stuff is fake but also u need to think that ssbb is prolly gonna be realsed on launch that would be big and make alot of money and prolly sell out and another thing snake is a nintendo char if u go back to nes and go look at metal gear there he is and i think mega man should be in this he is tottaly a nintendo char he only started there sure hes capcom but hes had like 20 games on nintendo so i think that quialfys him for a char

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Brawl is not being released this year, which means it will not be released with the launch of the Wii. A 2007 release for Brawl has been confirmed, as has a Quarter 4 2006 release for the Wii. Brawl is not going to be with the launch of the system.

no. 1 smash daddy

Smash Ace
I didn't like to much how they made samus without suit (or like you call her=zamus) when I played metroid prime 2: echoes but seeing her in this game, she kind of looks better.

greenblob

Smash Lord
no. 1 smash daddy said:
I didn't like to much how they made samus without suit (or like you call her=zamus) when I played metroid prime 2: echoes but seeing her in this game, she kind of looks better.
Samus looks different in every single Metroid game. Hopefully this tradition will continue.

Gory snake

Smash Journeyman
I think Snake is in the game, I mean why say he's in it if he's not? Its not like Nintendo to do that.

As for Zamus I think it should be either like Zelda/Sheik or a completly different character, after all Dr. Mario is a different character to Mario

Pablo18

Smash Journeyman
flagged up poppin dat 18 street in Long Island....
Gory snake said:
I think Snake is in the game, I mean why say he's in it if he's not? Its not like Nintendo to do that.

As for Zamus I think it should be either like Zelda/Sheik or a completly different character, after all Dr. Mario is a different character to Mario
its been confirmed that zamus will not b her own character by the dojo, so we can just guess that she will most likely be like shiek/zelda seeing as how much of a success she was

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
I think the biggest mystery still is advanced arial combat.Is it just me,or when Metaknight and some other chracters are hit with arials,it seems to me like the characters are suspended in the same place for a few frames during the hit.Refer to Metaknight hitting Kirby in midir with 3 hits.I think it is the best example.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
yeah i think it means that ariel moves wll be able to do multiple hits like when you press aaa on ground, It's likely to remove the major dominance ariel moves have over most other moves in the game which, in my opinion, is a good thing.

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
Yeah sakurai said something about giving the game more freedom in the air. So it seems that aerial combat is going to be more intense in the new game, which I like.

StellaNova

Smash Journeyman
sure it would take away some aerial dominance such as that of marth's juggling combos, but shouldnt it still be possible to execute the juggles with proper timing? if the aerial smash is stronger than the weak aerial attacks (aaa), then they should take prioroty over the weaker attacks. im curious to see how they will balance this all out!

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I'm surprised you guys aren't as informed as I expected you to me. You cannot gain without sacrafice. The freedom of aeriel combat has its reprecussions, and for those of you who don't know, gameplay is being slowed down. To what degree, that is unsure, but gameplay speed will be altered to adjust to the new aeriel combat. I say forget advanced aeriel combat if that's the case.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
us "guys" probably are more informed than you think, after all we had samuraipanda, he's not said that the pace is slowing he's just said tat it's changing which could just refer to the ariel combat and even if it was slowed it wouldn't be because of the ariel freedom, that would make no sense. it's prefectly possible to gain without sacrifice. so what is it we're uninformed of here exactly?

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
It may even be refering to the fact that fast characters like Fox,Sheik,and C. Falcon all dominate and need to be slowed.The only character I have ever seen in a huge pro tourny that is a powerhouse would be Ganondorf.

User33

Smash Journeyman
No, it is refering to air combat. That's whi Sakurai mentions air combat right after he makes the speed statement.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
For starters, Inferno, I found that hard to read. Next, Samurai Panda hasn't only posted his colaborated information here. If I'm not mistaken, one of, if not the, first place he did was GameFAQs, and I was there when he did. This site doesn't have something others don't.

Next, while for the most part we can only speculate, what other reasonable direction is there to take? He wants to make aeriel combat a larger topic in Brawl. Okay, for that to happen aeriels would have to have less knockback and/or be suspended longer (Take Pit's and Metanight's fight in the trailer, for example). That leaves only room for logic to take over. You can't have uber fast-paced ground battle and then a slow (Relatively) aeriel combat system.

User33

Smash Journeyman
I'm assuming Inferno, but I'm assuming with logic. He mentions air combat right after explaining about the speed for one thing. Also, in the trailer, you can already see that in the trailer the speed is already slowed down with a bit of air lag. Not to mention that Samurai Panda has said that the speed won't be slowed down on the ground.

theeggman85

Smash Rookie
holy crap! 101 pages of posts? *throws up* But I agree with whoever said that geno and mallow should be in there. Personally, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the 7 Stars is the best game to ever exist on this planet, and all of the characters were so unique. just imagine in brawl using mallow's snowy attack crashing down on all the players or geno summoning beams of light to come crashing down on everyone. *drool* for those of you who haven't played the game, go get emulator and rom from www.emuparadise.com. And sign the petition to remake it for DS at smrpglegacy.com!

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
I'm assuming Inferno, but I'm assuming with logic. He mentions air combat right after explaining about the speed for one thing. Also, in the trailer, you can already see that in the trailer the speed is already slowed down with a bit of air lag. Not to mention that Samurai Panda has said that the speed won't be slowed down on the ground.
He has? That's interesting, oh and to the other poster (i'm bad with names) They could simply just slow falling speed, I mean ground combat isn't THAT fast in the game, it's the ariel moves that make it fast, I still see strong moves with knockback in the air but ireckon there'll be more combo moves that keep your opponent roted in place whilst you strike but doo less dmg then send them away once they move out of range.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
We'll have to wait and see what the final product is. Otherwise none of us can be certain, though, I can't believe the problems that would occur if you slowed aeriel combat and not ground combat down aren't blatant to you.

Falco-Z

Smash Apprentice
It would obviously be more convenient for her to transform via a special move. Still it is also a possibility that she transforms by using her super move.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
We'll have to wait and see what the final product is. Otherwise none of us can be certain, though, I can't believe the problems that would occur if you slowed aeriel combat and not ground combat down aren't blatant to you.
If it's possible to combo on the ground with single hits (aaa) why is it a problem in the air? I hardly thing the speed change is goi ng to be so drastic that characters move in slow motion though the air then run around at normal speed on the ground

Top Bottom