• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unbelievable! Also: How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

• It should be whenever you want (like Zelda / Sheik)

Votes: 413 24.3%
  • It should be only after Samus' "Super Smash" (like in the movie - this would mean items must be on)

Votes: 74 4.4%
  • It should be only after something happens to Samus (like taking a certain amount of damage)

Votes: 163 9.6%
  • Zamus should be a seperate character all-together

Votes: 869 51.1%
  • I don't really care, I'm happy with whatever

Votes: 182 10.7%

• Total voters

TriAge

Smash Rookie
I heard that Big S of sora said he was gunna have more characters everyone knows and not just japanese so does that mean maybe marth and roy will leave most likely not but maybe marth will become Ike from the new fire emblem game in america? idk wtf im high on right now but thats what im thinking

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
The rumour is a complete lie, Sakurai hasn't mentioned it is any of his updates or interviews, it's from an unreliable source who have made false claims about many other games, Samuraipanda said it was false as well. The amount of times it's been brought up in so many different threads then put down on this forum is turning into a joke, please stop bringing it up.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Duke said:
Eh, the mods never look at this topic anymore anyways... I say let the gossip continue.
I think quite a few of us check this thread every day :p

icymatt

Smash Lord
Well...to get back on topic, I'll go over all the possibilities for ZSS we have already discussed:

Super Move Transformation:
For:
-Shown in the trailer
-Makes sense, logically.
-Could be used to balance super move
Against:
-Wouldn't come up nearly enough
-Can be blocked in item switch.
-Trailer could be purely cinematic

Normal Move Transformation:
For:
-Quick 'n easy
-Allows for permanent, plentiful use
Against:
-Takes away a Samus move-slot
-Doesn't make sense, logically.
-Stealing Zelda's gig!

Seperate Character
For:
-Allows for permanent use
-No need to take away move slots
-Doesn't contradict Metroid story logic
Against:
-May have to be unlocked
-May be mistaken for a clone

Other
For:
-We don't know what it is, may work
Against:
-We don't know what it is, may not work

K-Cow

Smash Cadet
People have been saying that Dr. Mario should be an alternate costume for Melee. What if they made Zero Suit Samus like that as well?

Sorry if this idea has already been mentioned.

icymatt

Smash Lord
Not an alternate costume, but maybe you can switch between the two on the same character slot. It's different(because Samus/ZSS would each have their own colors and/or costumes), yet it's not.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
You should remove shown in trailer from super move, it never shows that's the super move, it only shows kirby link and mario doing theres, they all have the same sound effect with a red firey glow round them, samus doesn't so it's questionable whether that is.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Not a super move,just announcing the arrival of samus dramatically,the full charged beam was strong enough.Also,must I say it."Under certain circumastances,Smaus will,"remove",her power suit."By the sounds of things it will not be a simple move or item...X (

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
there are loads of possibilities, as someone said ages ago, it could just mean that if you p[lay through the adventure as samus and do a certain thing she loses her suit and you unlock Zamus as a whole new character, we'll just have to wait and see

Slugma128

Smash Journeyman
I have to confess I didn't have time to read this whole thread (it's pretty darn big!). I think Samus should turn into ZS Samus when she fires her super (as seen in the trailer, if that is her super). Then I also think ZS Samus should have an unique move-set, but be WORSER than normal Samus. Appearently, she's going to be fast, so they should make her REALLY weak, and bad lag time after long-range whip attacks.

So players shouldn't want to become ZS Samus, it would be a drawback for firing the almighty super. And then, when playing as ZS Samus, players shouldn't be able to change back untill they are defeated. Then they start their next life as Samus.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
You don't need to read the thread as long as you (and you have) noted that what's in the trailer may not be her smash. Currently I'm thinking that it could mean that if you do somethign special in adventure mode you unlock her as a seperate character, but the whole "not a pure addition" thing puts me off, maybe on the select screen you can choose between standard samus and one that can change, although that seems a bit too much effort.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
If you look up the ending movie 100% for metroid prime 2 you'll see that Samus can in fact cause her suit to materialise and dematerialise around her body, so it could be done like that.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
That has 1 problem we can not find a way around though.One move would need to be removed.Or,perhaps it could be her taunt.But it still says "under special circumstances."Wish there had been more clarificication.

Deka~Fox

Smash Cadet
I think that if there can be a Dr. Mario and a regular Mario (and yes I know neither turns into the other) that there can be a regular Samus and Zero Suit Samus

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
It should either be after a certain condition is met (like in the vid after the super smash attack) or like zelda and sheik. I really don't think that the same character should be represented twice.

Deka~Fox

Smash Cadet
BIRDMAN22 said:
It should either be after a certain condition is met (like in the vid after the super smash attack) or like zelda and sheik. I really don't think that the same character should be represented twice.
Oh ZSamus wouldn't be the same as reg Samus though, like Dr. Mario and Mario. She'll have her own move-set

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
I get that. It's like the whole link thing. All characters should only be representated once. You've never seen y.link and adult link together, zamus and samus together, or mario and doc together so they shouldn't be in brawl together. They should just have samus transform the same way zelda does.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Ok neither of you are making much sense to me, you do see them together, in melee so that doesn't really work, out of there you obviously aren't because they're the same person. They also don't seem to have any connection to doc mario and mario.

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
Smash bros is basically different franchise stars getting pulled from their personal worlds to do battle against one another.
My point (since you missed it) was that link and y.link don't stand together in any zelda game (please don't reference dark link). Nor do sheik and zelda or samus and zamus. Therefore, I feel that they should be represented in smash the same way, original to their own respective worlds. That's why I first said that the transformation should be like sheik/zelda.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
No, you say smash bros is a different franchise which allows them to fight seperately and then go on to say they should be represented as their franchise, that's called contradicting youself. Y.Link and link are separate in smash so are mario and doc mario which just shows it doens't matter if they're the same character.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
The post just above mine! "Smash bros is basically different franchise stars getting pulled from their personal worlds to do battle against one another." as if to say in smash they can be together in smash because its a dif franchise. But then you say "link and y.link don't stand together in any zelda game" and "Nor do sheik and zelda or samus and zamus." which avoids the point they're already shown separately in melee so that means nothing.

Top Bottom