• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unbelievable! Also: How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

• It should be whenever you want (like Zelda / Sheik)

Votes: 413 24.3%
  • It should be only after Samus' "Super Smash" (like in the movie - this would mean items must be on)

Votes: 74 4.4%
  • It should be only after something happens to Samus (like taking a certain amount of damage)

Votes: 163 9.6%
  • Zamus should be a seperate character all-together

Votes: 869 51.1%
  • I don't really care, I'm happy with whatever

Votes: 182 10.7%

• Total voters

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
I heard from a guy on this site that he discovered Zamus' Down B... at the last sequence of the second video before Super smash bros. comes up.

She (in mid air) homes in one the ground with a kick... stupid i know, but the game is not completed yet, and its not that bad.

So, i doubt she can change at will becaue it would most likey be the Down B move. The biggest possibility is her being seperate.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I heard from a guy on this site that he discovered Zamus' Down B... at the last sequence of the second video before Super smash bros. comes up.

She (in mid air) homes in one the ground with a kick... stupid i know, but the game is not completed yet, and its not that bad.

So, i doubt she can change at will becaue it would most likey be the Down B move. The biggest possibility is her being seperate.
I really want her as a seperate character, and I believe that her upB move might be replaced by her transformation move which IMO suck because that would ruin her and take one of her best moves away, but hopefully if won't turn out that way, and sakurai will decide to make her seperate altogether which would really work for me

jdironfist

Smash Cadet
Don't you all think that Sakurai realized that the whole transformation idea isn't going to fly with the failed Zelda/Sheik idea in Melee? I mean, the transformation wastes a B move, takes too long, and is really not worth ever using.

As far as transformation via a final smash, that would be nearly as stupid, since then ZSS is completely dependent upon an item. Also, there's no evidence that the huge beam thing was Samus's final smash. In fact, seeing as she wasn't glowing, it's probably not.

ZSS would work much better if she were a separate character.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
Don't you all think that Sakurai realized that the whole transformation idea isn't going to fly with the failed Zelda/Sheik idea in Melee? I mean, the transformation wastes a B move, takes too long, and is really not worth ever using.

As far as transformation via a final smash, that would be nearly as stupid, since then ZSS is completely dependent upon an item. Also, there's no evidence that the huge beam thing was Samus's final smash. In fact, seeing as she wasn't glowing, it's probably not.

ZSS would work much better if she were a separate character.
lol...right. Transforming into Shiek takes too long and isn't worth it. What I find funny is that you can transform before the fight even begins (holding A, and getting rid of the "long" transformation time) and the fact that Sheik is much stronger than Zelda (therefore making it worthwhile to transform). And even if it did take a move away from Sheik, she's still one of the best characters. I don't think that one down B move gimped her in any way.

I do agree though. Samus and ZSS should be two seperate characters.

jdironfist

Smash Cadet
lol...right. Transforming into Shiek takes too long and isn't worth it. What I find funny is that you can transform before the fight even begins (holding A, and getting rid of the "long" transformation time) and the fact that Sheik is much stronger than Zelda (therefore making it worthwhile to transform). And even if it did take a move away from Sheik, she's still one of the best characters. I don't think that one down B move gimped her in any way.
What I was meaning is that no one uses Zelda, so therefore (by transforming by pressing A before the fight) no one really ever uses down B. The only use for Zelda is for recovering, and even then you typically get owned unless you can somehow transform back to Sheik without being destroyed.

I play Sheik frequently, so I know the potential there. I pretty much never use transform, and would much rather have seen a better down B (although that would make Sheik more broken).

All I really meant was that the transformation idea was a stupid one. Hardly anyone plays as Zelda, and no one switches back and forth between the two during battle.

I do agree though. Samus and ZSS should be two seperate characters.
There really isn't a better way to do it.

greenblob

Smash Lord
We've already discussed this several times (I think). Transformations don't have to take up a moveslot if it's the taunt.

jdironfist

Smash Cadet
We've already discussed this several times (I think). Transformations don't have to take up a moveslot if it's the taunt.
But we have seen that no one uses the transformation, as far as Zelda/Sheik goes. So even if it doesn't take up a slot, would anyone use it? We have all the evidence we need in Melee: no one uses both Zelda and Sheik in battle. If there were to be a transformation from Samus to ZSS in Brawl, I would bet (from the present evidence) that no one would use it.

Like I said, it would just be easier for Samus and ZSS to be different characters. It makes sense, since they seem to have different play styles. Granted, I've never played Metroid: Zero Mission, but from the Brawl trailers, ZSS looks like she fights very differently than Samus.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'm going to wait until an official update comes along until I base what I'm saying on Sakurai's translations. For all we know he was just making small talk, filling up that space.

I think they'll end up separate.

Top Bottom