• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unbelievable! Also: How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

• It should be whenever you want (like Zelda / Sheik)

Votes: 413 24.3%
  • It should be only after Samus' "Super Smash" (like in the movie - this would mean items must be on)

Votes: 74 4.4%
  • It should be only after something happens to Samus (like taking a certain amount of damage)

Votes: 163 9.6%
  • Zamus should be a seperate character all-together

Votes: 869 51.1%
  • I don't really care, I'm happy with whatever

Votes: 182 10.7%

• Total voters

Zealot2120

Smash Lord
It'd be very easy to have 2 or 3 possible super smashes per character, each one with it's own characteristics. In fact, that wouldn't suprise me at all. It doesn't seem fair that Mario's super smash covers half the screen while Kirby's and Link's focuses on single characters. Perhaps you can choose. And for Samus, only one of the Super Smashes causes her to lose/create armor.

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
i don't get y zamus is a newcomer just cuz she took off the armor, she has been in smash since n64, y not just say newcomer paper mario but the original mario is already there, makes no sense.

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
I stills say the "under certain conditions" thing is just describing how Zamus came to be in the first place, and has nothing to do with her appearence in SSBB.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Being caused only be the super smash is a bad idea any way you look at it: What if you want to main Zamus? You have to start out playing as Samus until you earn a super smash for each and every stock? That just wouldn't work. Notice I said "Earn" the super smash... What if it's an item, not a trigger off some event. Then you have to trust the odds, or worse yet, if said item is turned off, then you're boned.

Either a Shiek-esque transformation, or a seperate character. Post-super-smash is unacceptable.

fleapy

Smash Journeyman
I actualy thinnk thats probaly the best thing possible. But, maybe Nintendo arent going to devlop it. when link and kriby do their super smash, they mostly do a lot more damage to the single character, wheras marios smash power is divided between the players. Maybe though, super smashes depend on how many charcaters they are on scrren at once...

virtualgamecafe

Smash Journeyman
yeah but people still use it ...the website i went to said that she will remove it on certain CONDITIONS though so it may be the super smash though

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
we might have to be playing on 5 stocks from now on, cuz if i take out 2 stocks from my opponent and then use my super to take out the other for free hes already down to 2 stocks left and that kinda makes the matches go super fast.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'd prefer her to be separate, it's just less to think about when you think about it.

Instead of going from; making Zamus to thinking about what coniditions Samus needs to be under for Zamus to come out, they could just go from; making Zamus to putting Zamus on the selection screen.

See much less thought.

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
yeah but people still use it ...the website i went to said that she will remove it on certain CONDITIONS though so it may be the super smash though
I still say the "under certain conditions" thing is just describing how Zamus came to be in the first place, and has nothing to do with her appearence in SSBB.

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
........wow.........just.....wow......

Snake is a Konami character. Sega? Microsoft? You couldn't have been further off. And what does Snake have to do with this discussion anyways? There's so much wrong with that post!!!

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Snake first appeared on the MSX line of home computers, actually.

The "certain damage" condition could work if standard Samus was an overpowered character that you could only use on your first stock. However...that would be really lame. :( No Suit Samus...just doesn't work. There's no viable method. Either the Samus players are unhappy or we justify Young Link and Dr. Mario's inclusion or we need another button which would replace another which some people are rather adamantly against.../sigh

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
Snake first appeared on the MSX line of home computers, actually.

The "certain damage" condition could work if standard Samus was an overpowered character that you could only use on your first stock. However...that would be really lame. :( No Suit Samus...just doesn't work. There's no viable method. Either the Samus players are unhappy or we justify Young Link and Dr. Mario's inclusion or we need another button which would replace another which some people are rather adamantly against.../sigh
Not really. Zamus is totally different from Samus. Like..in almost every concievable way. She wouldn't simply be an alternate clone, she'd be unique.

Dr. Mario and Young Link are nothing more than clones of their counterparts.

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
Only if they make him unique. But every Link is pretty much the same, so I don't know how they could go about doing that.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Zamus isn't going to be a Samus clone, if pretty evident from the trailers that Zamus is far more acrobatic than Samus and probably a little faster. Not to mention Zamus' main weapon is supposely a whip.

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
Why do guys keep say *She\he is gonna be a clone* No clones guys get over it anyway seperate charater and if it does happen like in the movie and the Super smash iitem IS an item and a person turns it off how will u have Zamus to be played ? :D

Z-Suit as her own

Keige

Smash Journeyman
If anything, she's a Sheik clone. But using a whip as her main weapon instead of a B move (hopefully, but probably not judging from the trailer) is really interesting.

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
I'm just trying to figure out where you guys got the whip from. No where in any of the movies does it show any evidence of whip usage.

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
Ah...., so it is kinda bendy. I always thought it was just a light trail, but I can see it's a little flexy.

D'oh. Reading comprehension FTW! :p

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Read what Sakurai says about Zamus on Smash bros Dojo or whatever, he says her main weapon is a whip.

Kalas_Raven

Smash Rookie
Link is so awesome... I can't wait to get this game!! ^_^ I want Samus to be like Zelda, where she can turn into ZSS at will, but it's only under certian conditions, so what I want isn't going to happen... I don't really play with Samus that often. I play with the almighty Link! He's even hotter than ever! :p

Red Exodus

Smash Master
WDing might not even be in so Samus players will probably feel that kick in the balls the most.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
bump

This was a good topic so I guess I'll try to bring it back to life.

Does anyone have any idea as to how ZS will recover? I'd like to hear what people think she'll do.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Bump

Okay, the mods said you can't talk about this in one of the stickies, so what better way to transfer the disscussion by bumping a poll and an ex-sticky =)

*prays mods don't give him an infraction or double posting*

Top Bottom