• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unbelievable! Also: How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

• It should be whenever you want (like Zelda / Sheik)

Votes: 413 24.3%
  • It should be only after Samus' "Super Smash" (like in the movie - this would mean items must be on)

Votes: 74 4.4%
  • It should be only after something happens to Samus (like taking a certain amount of damage)

Votes: 163 9.6%
  • Zamus should be a seperate character all-together

Votes: 869 51.1%
  • I don't really care, I'm happy with whatever

Votes: 182 10.7%

• Total voters

greenblob

Smash Lord
Samus is herself too...

I don't really see any problems with transforming via the taunt and being able to transform before the match Zelda/Shiek style. No moves are sacrificed, you can play as either or, and it makes sense.

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
Samus is herself too...

I don't really see any problems with transforming via the taunt and being able to transform before the match Zelda/Shiek style. No moves are sacrificed, you can play as either or, and it makes sense.
Yes, that would work. But then they'd have to let Zelda transform via taunt too. And it'd have to be instant, otherwise it's kinda wrong. And it'd have to look really cool, otherwise they'd loose a taunt. And I like the taunts....

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Me too, the quickest way is to make them separate, no thought necessary. If he wants Samus to transform Sakurai will have to think of things like lag, speed, special conditions etc. etc. when he could be thinking about other things. The whole transformation thing seems pointless.

greenblob

Smash Lord
Why not just do what Zelda/Shiek players do--pick one and stick with that character? In effect, it'd be the same exact thing as having them as separate characters other than you having an option to change back if you want.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I heard Samus will transform under 'certain conditions' which means I won't have a choice like Shiek/Zelda players.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I hope they are separate. It's odd though, on SSBB's site Sakurai says that you can play as standard Samus too. How do you guys intrepret that?

r0b0fish

Smash Rookie
they only showed ZsSamus in the 2nd trailor ..they might be a separate character
(im sorry if this is posted over a 1000 times,but i ain't gonna read all these pages)
<__<

Red Exodus

Smash Master
But when he says standard does he mean just a tweated version of SSBM Samus or standard Samus that transforms into Zamus?

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I think that means that you'll be able to play as Samus with her suit on at some point in the game, tweaked to an unknown degree, with an unknown number of new moves and/or different moves.

I believe Mr. Sakurai was trying to be as vague as possible since he couldn't be sure of specifics until further into development. For all we know, the process could be something like: Decide on new characters->create new characters->balance and change old characters to fit with the new characters. This could explain the absence of Standard Samus (lol, I coined a new nickname) and Yoshi as well as Mario's incomplete model and Kirby, Link, and Pikachu's lack of noticeable changes despite Mr. Sakurai's saying there would be changes to every character.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I don't think Samus should need super smashes to transform into Zamus, because if you turn super smashes off you end up removing a character.

Zink

Smash Champion
A guy in another thread had a god idea... you switch between Zamus/Samus with taunt. It's simple, it's easy, it doesn't take up anything required.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
But then you lose the ability to taunt freely, 'cause if you taunt transform you have to change back unless you are good with both ZS and SS.

marthsword

Smash Ace
But then you lose the ability to taunt freely, 'cause if you taunt transform you have to change back unless you are good with both ZS and SS.
Then make samus' taunt like falco's taunt, not even a taunt, and not even worth using. Falco has a better taunt, super fash jc shines, or running SHL repeated.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Lol, Maybe they could make it another button that has no use, like left or right on the D-pad.

boricuaboy

Smash Apprentice
I voted shiek and zelda style so samus will have good projectiles and zamus will have good close range

ChanseyMaster

Smash Cadet
I was just wishing that Zamus just wouldn't exist in the first place.
Who wants to use Samus without any armor? Wouldn't that just make her weaker?

Hmm, I like the D-Pad idea for transformation, because you don't have to transform, you don't lose a special attack to transform into her, and Zamus wouldn't thus use up a character slot. (I want all 45 characters to be as awesome as possible)

Also, I can tell you're gonna think I'm an idiot for saying this, but this is my first post on Smashboards. Woot! I'm a noob!

[ChanseyMaster]

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I was kinda excited about Zamus since I'm a Metroid fanboy (not a hardcore one, I still have more to learn + I don't have MP1) I doubt Zamus with be a clone of Shiek for several reasons:

1) She has a gun
2) Her gun has secondary and possibly tertiary functions (the third being a sword)
3) Her gun turns into a whip which is her primary weapon
4) Shiek is a Ninja, so ZS can't have that same attack

That's about it, the chances of ZS being a clone are lower especially since Brawl is not being rushed.

P3L!C@N

Smash Cadet
I think regardless of whether or not Zamus is a separate character, she's still going to bring a whole ton of heat with that body of her's.

Newo

Smash Cadet
man, i dont know about the whole samus/zero changing thing like zelda. Samus is hard enough to kill as it is. that plus more.....and a blue outfit!!!! i mean come on, it shouldnt happen! But it would be awesome, I agree with you on her total pwning abilities.

Zealot2120

Smash Lord
I think Samus should change into Zamus using the Super Smash. That does not mean, however, that you need items on to play as Zamus. You could start off a match as either Samus OR Zamus, but you could not switch between the two without the use of Super Smash.

It would be like Zelda/Shiek. You can start a match off with Shiek by holding down the A button as the match starts. I would suggest making it a menu option before you start the match, instead of a last second "hold this button" type thing, but it would have the same result. Those who want to use Zamus start off as Zamus, while those who want Samus use Samus. If you have items on, then you can switch between the two; Samus would lose armor, Zamus would recover armor.

Perhaps they could be two separate characters on the menu screen, but you could still switch in game. I believe strongly that the Super Smash should cause the change during gameplay.

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
Haha, I wouldn't doubt your raw skills Dynamic:chuckle: . What do think is going to be Meta's moveset?
Honestly i have no idea what his b moves r. but i wanna master him and captain olimar (if he's in this one).
Cool :cool: avatar zealot, we could bring the whole Marvel vs DC to brawl :laugh:

Red Exodus

Smash Master
She shouldn't have anything to do with the supersmash, because if you turn them off, you lose a character, that's just dumb.

Zealot2120

Smash Lord
I don't believe you read what I said. You don't lose a character... you can pick which of the two you want to start with. It just takes the supersmash to SWITCH between the two.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
You still have a problem where someone doesn't want to switch to Zamus in the first place, which could throw off their game.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
maybe if Samus takes a certain amount of damage her suit falls off. it would explain under the certain conditions thing. they also said that with Wario. The more time passes, the more Wario's gas builds up. so maybe certain characters i.e. Wario and Samus have some kind of thing we dont know about. trying to make sense out of it is kind of a waste of time. guess we will just have to wait and see. but it's always good to speculate.

Top Bottom