• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unbelievable! Also: How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

• It should be whenever you want (like Zelda / Sheik)

Votes: 413 24.3%
  • It should be only after Samus' "Super Smash" (like in the movie - this would mean items must be on)

Votes: 74 4.4%
  • It should be only after something happens to Samus (like taking a certain amount of damage)

Votes: 163 9.6%
  • Zamus should be a seperate character all-together

Votes: 869 51.1%
  • I don't really care, I'm happy with whatever

Votes: 182 10.7%

• Total voters

fat cat

Smash Rookie
It should be a sepreat character because she is hot so she could be shown without putting on the suit again.

Xelyst

-_-
A certain damadge transformation would be interesting, but imo the optioanl choice (zelda/sheik style) is the best

icymatt

Smash Lord
How about optional at a certain damage level?

Considering the statement on the site, it ain't gonna be anytime like Zelda/Sheik.

thebasman

Smash Apprentice
a: Zamus isn't her own character, we already know that.
b: Of course it's real. There isn't any way it could be fake by now.
I'm sorry, I must be a little bit behind; did we get an official statement saying that she won't be a seperate character?

In the interest of staying on topic, I think a Zelda/Sheik transformation is the best, because if it is damage based then it isn't going to come up often enough. As long as the two characters are balanced and Samus isn't terrible compared to Zamus like Zelda/Sheik, then I think that way works fine.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think the damage percentage idea should be used for the Pichu/ Pikachu/ Raichu evolution. You start as Pichu and after a certain amount of damage you turn into the ORIGINAL smash brothers Pikachu. Then after another set amount of damage you turn into Raichu. The latter forms have msotly better stats with few disadvantages from the previous form.

Sephi_hatu

Smash Apprentice
Well it says that somehow Samus's armor will fall off when a certain somthing happens, but as my opinion, I'd say thats actually best.
Sigh...

I kindof am dissapointed that most of you guys seem to think that Zamus wont be a seperate char.

Most of you mis-understood the thing on the official website (which I tried to point out at the time to no avail). When it says 'under certain conditions she takes off her suit' it means in the METROID GAMES. For instance, if you collect all the items in any metroid game, you'll get a special ending were she takes of her suit.

Most of you think that means under certain conditions in BRAWL her suit will fall off. That isn't the case, and can be backed up by Sakurai saying that he wanted to ADD more female chars. Why would he say add if Samus could just transform into Zamus? Thats not really adding a new char, it would be adding onto another.

I would also like to add that, as you may be able to tell from the trailer, Zamus can switch her gun's modes. Now, if she could transform from Samus, why would another set of moves (presuming switching to beam whip replaces pistol attacks) be added? Wouldn't that be way to complicated for a simple game like SSB?

Does anyone see what I'm getting at?

Zink

Smash Champion
He also said "Zero Suit Samus isn't a pure character addition." And IIRC he said Samus's suit WILL fall off, not DOES fall off, implying he's talking about Brawl.

Sephi_hatu

Smash Apprentice
He also said "Zero Suit Samus isn't a pure character addition." And IIRC he said Samus's suit WILL fall off, not DOES fall off, implying he's talking about Brawl.
You do notice that there already is a Samus char? So of course Zamus isn't a pure new char, theres already one of her to choose. So shes not entirely new, shes just in a new form. I really shouldn't have to point that out.

And I can't understand your second sentance (Did you leave out a word?). Please link the exact quote to me. Or are you talking about something off of the japenese website? Or an interview? Or something out of famitsu?

Fader

Smash Cadet
It would suck, however, if an item was required to get the suit off. But if that's the case, then the actual Samus WILL be in it (there's still no confirmation about the actual suited Samus, we just know she shoots the blast in the trailer).

No B directionals available to perform a move transformation however.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I disagree Sephi_hatu, it does look like future tense and that he's talking about SSBB.

Naturally, Zero Suit Samus loses power and stamina, so she should fight using the speed she gains instead.
Also, her gun transforms and can be used as a whip. Of the two, one might consider the whip to be her main weapon.
~From ZSS's Dojo page.

This sounds like the transformation already took place (though I guess it could happen before you select your character). The changing modes scene in the trailer looks like she switches modes and then switches back, like it's some sort of idle animation. I mean, there aren't a whole ton of things you could do with a gun. And, if it has a delay like Falco's blaster, there would enough time for her to switch to gun mode and back in one shot (IE not shooting multiple shots in a row). So, B could shoot, >B could be a Sword Dance like move with the whip, VB could be that falling kick move, and ^B...I don't know...

Maybe, with that set up, B could switch to gun mode and change some of her A moves to stronger pistol whippish attacks and >B would switch to whip moves with longer reach (which contradicts the whole idle thing I said >.<).

Also, the character's moves aren't set in stone and could very well change. I suspect Fox could be just the start of the game's overhaul. They could change Samus since ZSS actually gives them a motive to. Which could be why Samus hasn't been shown yet in gameplay. But...who knows?

Zink

Smash Champion
" Zero Suit Samus isn't a pure character addition. Rather, under certain conditions, Samus will remove her Power Suit."
Right from the link matt gave.

Sephi_hatu

Smash Apprentice
" Zero Suit Samus isn't a pure character addition. Rather, under certain conditions, Samus will remove her Power Suit."
Did you even bother to read my argument?

As a side note, Ive never been more interested in the wording of a couple sentances in my life.

Sheik_the_Geek

Smash Journeyman
seeing as how sakurais english isnt perfect...it is possible that his engrish got translated wrong and put onto the dojo...

Zink

Smash Champion
Sepi, your argument is silly. Just because there's already one Samus doesnt make the next one an impure addition. The pure part refers to the addition, not the character.
As for translation error, lol. I doubt he translated it all himself. He has a localization team at Nin who can do things like that.

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
Gotta be a fake. Solid Snake is not a Nintendo owned character. Also the staff member from IGN reported was very brief, it's all too fishy. I'll believe it when I see a video or something.
LOL well ..... solid was actually owned for awhile on nintendo for a period of time Metal Gear. I could actually see him on there *** if they could put him on there yoda might aswell be. hehe so what if he isnt owned hes snake and if this is fake i will just give up on nintendo for good XD *maybe* any wayS MARTH BETTER STAY or im gonna kick everyones *** online sno MERCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DoomDAy For all melee plays *joke for doomsday* but seriously im gonna be mad...

Ac35Full701

Smash Apprentice
It's not fake..just interesting speculation as to how you can use her. I could see Samus just dropping her armor when you downB or something. And maybe either you can't change back, or it just comes all back onto you when you change back.

Either way..a combo of Samus and Zamus in the same character would be ridiculous. She'd be disgusting. I think everyone would use them too.

thebasman

Smash Apprentice
If Super moves are contained within items, then it would be the most broken item ever, and it would be the first one to get turned off, I think. I don't think that Samus will transform with and item because that would completely shut her off as a character in all tournament play. Nintendo has to be conscious of the fact that tournaments are held with items turned off, right?

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Seeing as how this is the sort-of unofficial news topic and that this is sort-of non-news, I guess I'll post this here.

http://www.destructoid.com/super-smash-bros-brawl-slated-for-may--27867.phtml

Apparently, Matt Cassamassina of IGN says that SSBB is slated for a May release. Industry insight? Just running his mouth? Who knows...but I'm not getting too excited about it. Just thought I'd get this in before the flood of new topics about it.

Actually, all things considered, May would be the earliest (since it didn't show up on this fiscal year's release list) making this a rather optimistic statement. But ya know...it'll get here when it gets here.

Top Bottom