• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unbelievable! Also: How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

• It should be whenever you want (like Zelda / Sheik)

Votes: 413 24.3%
  • It should be only after Samus' "Super Smash" (like in the movie - this would mean items must be on)

Votes: 74 4.4%
  • It should be only after something happens to Samus (like taking a certain amount of damage)

Votes: 163 9.6%
  • Zamus should be a seperate character all-together

Votes: 869 51.1%
  • I don't really care, I'm happy with whatever

Votes: 182 10.7%

• Total voters

Dr.ROC

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I agree, Zamus should be totally seperate from samus because I dont think they would have recognized her as a newcomer if she wasn't going to be a seperate character. Besides I think it would be cool if they kept the zelda to sheik transformation exclusive only to zelda game characters, like having link transform into the wolf from twilight princess.

Whitefire

Smash Apprentice
Wiiiii i'm really interested in what the whole special attack thing is, I really don't want the game to have to pause for everyone else to pull off some sort of combo attack that may be interruptive to the flow of the game. all wii can do is hope that nintendo pulls through like usual wiiiiiiii.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
newayz....zamus is obviously gonna b her own charater....dats y shes a newcomer....and i have a question...on the 1st page...the pic of samus doing the cuhrazee charge blast.....right behind her...is dat her freakin leg plate coming off...cuz her leg does see lke its missing it...its like the blast was so strong her suit is starting to come off....also...under the suit its blue..which is ofcourse her zero suit that she wears under it..so maybe i might be wrong...maybe dat pic is showing us how she turns inot zamus...like maybe u have to keep doing cuhrazee atacks and blow ur suit away.....like by doing the shot....but dat pic is interesting...cuz her suit is definitely coming off in da pic...but i still want zamus to be her own character......peace

-hiroshi

Ruination

Smash Rookie
Zamus and Samus should be two different characters, bottom line. Speaking of, Sheik and Zelda should be two different characters as well. Thats my honest opinion.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
newayz....zamus is obviously gonna b her own charater....dats y shes a newcomer....and i have a question...on the 1st page...the pic of samus doing the cuhrazee charge blast.....right behind her...is dat her freakin leg plate coming off...cuz her leg does see lke its missing it...its like the blast was so strong her suit is starting to come off....also...under the suit its blue..which is ofcourse her zero suit that she wears under it..so maybe i might be wrong...maybe dat pic is showing us how she turns inot zamus...like maybe u have to keep doing cuhrazee atacks and blow ur suit away.....like by doing the shot....but dat pic is interesting...cuz her suit is definitely coming off in da pic...but i still want zamus to be her own character......peace

-hiroshi
why so many "..."s they don't fit into a sentance and make it not worth reading, people are les likely to read it if you do that, also "dats"?? Oh come on!

hao chi

Smash Cadet
Sounds reasonable,but i don't know if you could just unlock her with just a special,it would be more easy than unlocking jiggs.

Unless they tweak when you can use your special...somehow.
Do you mean if you're playing VS Mode and do Samus' special and become Zero Suit Samus, then after the fight you have to fight her to unlock her and she gets a separate character slot? That sounds pretty cool to me, and maybe they could come up with creative ways to unlock other characters.

Eek A Mouse

Smash Apprentice
After reading the Zamus page on Dojo, I reckon that to get Zamus you probably just have to complete some part of the 1P mode as Samus. These quotes from the site convinced me;

'This isn't a pure character addition.' - Nah, it's a character already in the game but in a different form.

''remove'' - She won't actually remove her suit at any point. Zamus is just how Samus would function without the power suit.

'And don't worry—you'll still be able to play as standard Samus, too.' - This got me convinced that they're different. Sure, it doesn't prove it, but it suggests to me that using Zamus doesn't affect your ability to use Samus in any way. Some of the poll answers make it seem that you're going to have to mess about and not have much freedom in which one you play as, like probably having to have items on with the Super Smash method, which would mean no choice if you play without items, or you're stuck with a character you don't want to play as for a bit until you get the item to change to the one you want, which can just be defended by your opponent to stop you, limiting you to a character you're either not as good with or just don't want to play as.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
where it says under certain circumstances leads me towards (if they're seperate chars) you having to do something specal in the 1P adventure or w/e mode to unlock her.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
im cool with having to unlock her...but everytime i see da trailer i keep thinking like.."man, what if they actually make us use her crazy beam shot to blow off her suit"....dat would suck..but like others said...hopefully we would only have to do it once during 1-player mode to unlock her....peace

-hiroshi

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Yeah it would but please stop with the stupid chat speak (dat) and the obsessive amounts of "..." as if you're shortening bits of a sentances.

Laugh & He Dies

Smash Cadet
I'm glad Zamus isn't a seperate character, it would show that the development team wasn't actually being considerate in their character selections...

I was under the impresion that she would still take up the same amount of space as if she was a seperate character...I mean, sheik/zelda take up more space. Also, there is not limit on characters because nintendo doesnt want alot, its because the space issue.

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
In the trailer It looked to me like she Zamus was a diiferent character then Samus. They both get named but they arn't the same. I think they just let her transform in the trailer to make it look cool. I think that they will be separate charcters, but I hope that you can transform whenever you want as the Zamus has (at least I think so) a Light sword. That would mean a very different fighting stratigy, though if it would mean that one of them completly sucks and it would look like a Zelda/Sheik thing, I rather see them apart. (I voted for the first option though.)

Peeze

Smash Master
Reasons why those ideas don't work:​

Seperate character
They're the same entity, it would be a waste of space to have a decostumed character take up a whole slot.

Use a B move for the transformation:
Most logical idea of them all. replace down b with transform, nobody really relies on her bomb attack and it does minimal damage. However making her down b a transform makes her similar to sheik and zelda, not necesarily a good thing.

Using her super smash:
Zamus shouldn't(and most likely won't from the trailer) be a result of samus's super smash move. that giant @$$ arm cannon blast dealie that she does most likely will be it.
Welllllllll this is the end of my rant i have no better ideas on how she should transform but the majority of u feel she should be a seperate character. eh.....

icymatt

Smash Lord
They should/would never remove the bomb, that is too integral to the Metroid series. It'd be like taking out Mario's fireballs.

icymatt

Smash Lord
No samus is known for her missiles and her charge shot. It would be like mario with no cape, he's known for it but it's not super important.
The difference being that Mario's cape was major in one game. Samus' bombs were major in EVERY GAME. In fact, her bombs are much more important than her charge shot.

icymatt

Smash Lord
Okay but could you live w/out it to have zamus?
I'd much rather they think up a new way to switch between the two. Then we get the keep all the attacks AND Samus/Zamus doesn't end up a Zelda/Sheik knock-off.

Peeze

Smash Master
That's why i wrote that post why those ideas in the poll didn't make any sense. The only other viable solution would be to make her a seperate character which won't happen.

Fire Fox X

Smash Apprentice
I bet...That after Samus Shoots her charged shot a number of times, she transforms into Zsamus (God that Would Pwn) Either that or it's her super shot show in the movie.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
That would really suck, that's like for people who don't want to switch "well I just can't use my charge shot then" and for people who do they would just fire twice straight away as a waste of time. That's the worst form of transform so far lol :p

Top Bottom