• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unbelievable! Also: How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

• It should be whenever you want (like Zelda / Sheik)

Votes: 413 24.3%
  • It should be only after Samus' "Super Smash" (like in the movie - this would mean items must be on)

Votes: 74 4.4%
  • It should be only after something happens to Samus (like taking a certain amount of damage)

Votes: 163 9.6%
  • Zamus should be a seperate character all-together

Votes: 869 51.1%
  • I don't really care, I'm happy with whatever

Votes: 182 10.7%

• Total voters
If it's possible to combo on the ground with single hits (aaa) why is it a problem in the air? I hardly thing the speed change is goi ng to be so drastic that characters move in slow motion though the air then run around at normal speed on the ground

I really didn't notice that much of a speed reduction in the trailer.

I'mnot really worried about the speed slow down,they will eventually discover a way to make it faster,i mean,look at the N64 Smash,they some how made the combat quicker in that.

But if air based combat is going to be enhanced,wont that make Fox even more godly?

Just a thought.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
no, because it should remove the dominance of air. Air attacks currently rule because they are single attacks with high priority that usually have good knockback, turn that into a combo and ground moves should have the same priority, and they will have likely changed the balance in the game so fox isn't ads godly.

User33

Smash Journeyman
Even 0.1 second of lag can help keep characters in the air longer. Its not going to be slow motion, but they will likely fall slightly slower then before. Therefore, the speed will be "moderated a little bit".

Char

Smash Rookie
Besides ZSS being a separate character I can't think of any other way it should be done.

If it's a change that only occurs after you pick up the item, then you just lost a character from the roster of competitive play. I don't know many people that play with items( even when it's just for fun my friends and rarely use items), and I don't know of any tournaments that use items nor have I seen any vids of people using items.

If its happens after a certain amount of damage that might mess up some people that either don't like ZSS or they are off the stage after getting hit for the necessary amount of damage.

Finally unless they add B-tilts and B-smashes you will probably lose a B-move, most likely samus' bombs.

Char

Smash Rookie
Well the taunt could work, but That doens't sound like a special condition that would make he change. I don't know any other way besides the item or a totally separate character. With the separate character not being a special condition either. Sakurai did say ZSS isn't a full character addition, but then Iwata said the game would be a launch title and look what happened.

Char

Smash Rookie
Yeah, that sounds good. Unlocking someone is a special condition, but what did he mean by not a full character addition. Do you think he said that because even though the character is different it is still samus, and not a new character. I think someone said Sakurai likes speaking in riddles or something similar to that.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
I WOULD like for Zamus and Samus to be two seperate characters, but the clues given at Dojo clearly point to that not happening. Although, Sakurai saying "Don't worry, you'll be able to play as regular Samus as well" tells us it's something the player can directly control, which is nice, methinks.

I WOULD like for Zamus and Samus to be two seperate characters, but the clues given at Dojo clearly point to that not happening. Although, Sakurai saying "Don't worry, you'll be able to play as regular Samus as well" tells us it's something the player can directly control, which is nice, methinks.
Sounds reasonable,but i don't know if you could just unlock her with just a special,it would be more easy than unlocking jiggs.

Unless they tweak when you can use your special...somehow.

Zink

Smash Champion
I certainly hope they adjust the balance somewhat. Speed beats power too often, so fast characters usually win- this should change.

icymatt

Smash Lord
After much meditation, I've come to realize how Samus/Zamus could work:

Samus takes a certain % of damage, you press a button. Samus' suit explodes, and her damage goes back to 0%, and she is now Zamus for the rest of the match. There can also be a way to start the match as Zamus, like Sheik in Melee.

This way, there's an interesting way to use her strategically, it's all choice, and she actually becomes a major part of the battle.

I bet this has been suggested before, but I think it works.

Zink

Smash Champion
But then it's like giving Samus double stocks- once you get high in damage just switch. And Samus already has great recovery, so this way she would last forever.

icymatt

Smash Lord
Okay, maybe going down to 0% isn't the most balanced, but I was trying to compensate for the fact that you'd be switching to a lighter character. Having 100% or more and then becoming a lightweight(atleast around the Sheik level) would not bode well for you.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Uh you may not have not noticed but lightweights tend to rule the smash scene (hopefully not in brawl). Any amount of % loss would feel cheap unless it was like 10% or so, I'd rather stick with aeither seperate char or transform at will.

Yoshia Omega

Smash Rookie
i beleave that Zamus should be a seperate character all-together so then you dont need to transfer back and forth i kida get annyoing lol

GerarRv

Smash Rookie
I Hope that they are separated personages. My Question is, Once you transform yourself into Zero Suit Samus..Como you return to be the Normal one?

GerarRv

Smash Rookie
Sorry,Ist Use Traductor,in Venezuela not Speak English Soo Much ^^.

Hmm Yes..Well,if it is certain, But..Stamina takes off? and he is so facil to enter and to leave the suit?

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
No problem if you don't speak english that well, just takes a little longer to read, it's not certain yet and I doubt her damage would drop, sorry but I don't know what you mean by "he is so facil" :p

§Maverick§

Smash Journeyman
mmmm....''Facil'' means easy...but it doesnt make sense the way you put it....Yo hablo espaniol, soy de R.D. y no entiendo lo que dices, escribe lo que quieras en espaniol y lo traducire para ti.

Maxim26

Smash Rookie
Look i dont care if they seperate ...... it was suppose to happen anyways ...... Snes Super Metroid.... when samus dies , u can see its a woman .....and its a good add to da New Smash Bros

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Doc and Mario should be like Zelda-Shiek but Zamus should be a whole new character, it wouldn´t be the same samus without her bomb recovery. Or if they could use the D'pad to transform that´ll be fine by me.

.........later

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
No doc and mario should NOT be like Zelda sheik, i like Doc But i'd rather have him removed than be a transformation, they could just make him an outift.

pirkid

Smash Lord
lol

April fools day was like 41 days ago or something though.

Wait, Snake hasn't been on a nintendo console for 20 years, has he? I'm not sure. But that's kinda making me think it's fake. I mean How would they incorporate a covert spy into smash. He has a REAL (not samus) gun and knives and ****. How will that work? My point being, snake is a little too brutal and realistic for smash.
'

they r giving him his rockets, which fits perfectly for ssb

jonnie

Banned via Administration
will masterchief make an appearance?

jonnie

Banned via Administration

will he? well i hope he does!!
or i will sue nintendo!!!!

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Master Cheif has no chance, seeing as he hasn't appeared on a nintendo system (which is a necessity). And besides, we have Samus, why would we want Master Cheif.

Speaking of Samus, I'd like Zamus to be a seperate character from her. If she is a transformation character, I'd rather it be something easily accessable like Zelda/Sheik rather than having a damage % or using a super move.

Top Bottom