• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unbelievable! Also: How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

• It should be whenever you want (like Zelda / Sheik)

Votes: 413 24.3%
  • It should be only after Samus' "Super Smash" (like in the movie - this would mean items must be on)

Votes: 74 4.4%
  • It should be only after something happens to Samus (like taking a certain amount of damage)

Votes: 163 9.6%
  • Zamus should be a seperate character all-together

Votes: 869 51.1%
  • I don't really care, I'm happy with whatever

Votes: 182 10.7%

• Total voters

uremog

Smash Ace
it'd suck if you had to use what looks like her super move. they showed her armor breaking off after it in the video, but that might just be for entrance/showoff purposes

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
uremog said:
it'd suck if you had to use what looks like her super move. they showed her armor breaking off after it in the video, but that might just be for entrance/showoff purposes
Yeah we all hope so too. It just would suck that Zamus became your favorite character but you have to go trough a lot of **** to use her. And if you want to use her at a tourney probably you couldn't because most of the tourneys are with items off.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sakurai said that "Zero Suit Samus will be one and the same character as Samus and Samus will transform into Zero Suit Samus under certain circumstances". So it's not going to be like Zelda/Sheik and she won't be a separate character. Why is this poll still even here?

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Yuna said:
Sakurai said that "Zero Suit Samus will be one and the same character as Samus and Samus will transform into Zero Suit Samus under certain circumstances". So it's not going to be like Zelda/Sheik and she won't be a separate character. Why is this poll still even here?
You never know what "certain circumstances" means.

Personally, I think Zamus will appear when Samus performs her Super Move, like in the trailer.

icymatt

Smash Lord
The problem is, if she only shows up when you do your super move, it would be way to infrequently.

I'm starting to lean towards being able to switch between the two on the select screen somehow...

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
uhm maybe it will be seperate charactors like mario and dr.mario and link and y.link?

bluekitsune13

Smash Journeyman
I'd hope as a separate character, I hope they wouldn't screw up Samus's moveset by adding a transforming move like Zelda/Sheik.

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
The one thing I've been saying I hope they do in the new smash, besides the char's, was to include some form of super moves, which they've obviously done. I'm no happy. Now, whether or not this requires items to do, remains a mystery, I think. Obviously, noone's going to start using items, that's completely out of the question. But if it meant that the token just powered a char up for a bit, or gave them the ability to do one enhanced move, and they could soley be turned on, as with item switch, I'd consider it, as I think it may add a tad bit of depth to the game. All of this, of course, will never be confirmed or resolved completely until we get our hands on the game and find out for ourselves...

toasty4you

Smash Apprentice
Well... I must be thankful that we can use GCN controllers on SSBB... i thought that we would use the Wii controller and whenever it goes off of the screen you sheild or something... don't ask me why.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
I am also glad you do not have to flip your hand or whatever to jump and smash.It would limit thing like shield grabs,teching,DI,Wd,and maybe even L-canceling.Nintendo is not dumb.

knowitall

Smash Cadet
Under certain circumstances could mean doing a certain objective in classic/adventure or event matches. Sorry if this was posted before, but I don't think anyone wants to read through 95 pages.

Sunchaser007

Smash Journeyman
Bread-Butterer said:
Gotta be a fake. Solid Snake is not a Nintendo owned character. Also the staff member from IGN reported was very brief, it's all too fishy. I'll believe it when I see a video or something.
Yeh, I'm a bit late into the topic and no....i havent read every page of the topic but for all of you people who are still doubting I'll let ya in on a secret. I forgot where I read it but nintendo said that they were only allowing 3rd party characters into SSBB if they've already been on any of the Nintendo consoles....Snake started on the NES.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
That's no secret. :laugh:
And I was the very first one to say that Snake might not really be in the game. That the whole thing was a joke. I suggest you drop it before everyone flames you like me.

Sunchaser007

Smash Journeyman
oh well "blows out flames /w his super breathe." I've got a question.....they said they were going to add about 2 more 3rd party characters to the roster but for the life of me I can't think of any of them that have been on a nintendo console...anyone got suggestions who they may be?

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Well the most obvious answer (not the characer I want though) is Sonic. Then there's bomberman or megaman, there are quite a few contenders

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
I think Sonic is a likely contender,but I would love to see a bomberman like this

A Snake vs. Bomberman fight,a war of explosives.I look forward to seeing a lot of explosions.It worked with Samus.
Here is the sonic I want to see(Sonic Adventure)

robyextreme

Smash Ace
Sakurai announced Bowser Jr., the "Celda" version of Link, and Ridely, the archenemies of Samus, would all be joining the cast of characters for the Wii release.

This makes sense considering Bowser Jr. has had more prominent placement in various Mario sports titles, as well as being his dad's right hand man in New Super Mario Bros., and the "Celda" version of Link was seen on GameCube and now on the Nintendo DS in The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. Plus, with both Samus and Zero Suit Samus appearaning in SSBB, it makes sense her foe would get a chance to fight back.

We've also, unfortunately, learned of three current characters that will not be returning: The Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, and Young Link have no home in SSBB. We don't know who exactly will take their place just yet, but Sakurai stated he wants a roster 40 deep, with 1-2 more non-Nintendo characters.

Skywalker

Space Jump
McFox said:
That's a lie.
I don't really know. Technically it's still a rumor; the source still unknown. Even if those three get removed, most people wouldn't mind. (Sorry if I'm offending someone) I still believe removing Young Link wouldn't be a bad idea. After all, "Celda" Link will already be included! :)

KoriSamui

Smash Cadet
What would they call Celda Link anyway? Surely not Celda Link...

I think that this should be taken with a grain of salt; I've only read this on one web page and it was not a very reliable one.

KoriSamui

Smash Cadet
I know that, but what would they call him? They couldn't call him Link because there's already one and I'm pretty sure they're not going to put "Cell-Shaded Link" down as his name.

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
I'd like to see Celda's B up. asuming he is indeed in brawl, I hope they give him a charge feature to reck havok on all his oponents... followed up with being dizzy for a second.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Wolfblade said:
I'd like to see Celda's B up. asuming her is indeed in brawl
dude,celdas link is a guy
anyway,I think that idea would rock.IC probably took too much time to make,Y. Link is the most similar of all clones,and G&W is just a crappy character with boring animations.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I believe that despite our choices not being carried out by Nintendo in any shape or form, as it stands, Zero Suit Samus should be a seperate character. Fin. :)

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
Falco&Victory said:
dude,celdas link is a guy
anyway,I think that idea would rock.IC probably took too much time to make,Y. Link is the most similar of all clones,and G&W is just a crappy character with boring animations.
I know he's a guy, I did say his at the end. I do have the game so I would know, but I also never check my spelling mistakes. Ha ha way to notice my screw ups though. I shalt fix it now though.

T Bird

Smash Apprentice
I could see y link and g&w, but c'mon... ICs? no way. they are entirely unique, and not terrible. They are by far the most unique chars in the game.
I have to go with McFox.

Top Bottom