• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unbelievable! Also: How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

• It should be whenever you want (like Zelda / Sheik)

Votes: 413 24.3%
  • It should be only after Samus' "Super Smash" (like in the movie - this would mean items must be on)

Votes: 74 4.4%
  • It should be only after something happens to Samus (like taking a certain amount of damage)

Votes: 163 9.6%
  • Zamus should be a seperate character all-together

Votes: 869 51.1%
  • I don't really care, I'm happy with whatever

Votes: 182 10.7%

• Total voters

asianpride3491

Smash Ace
Wow. If this game takes until Q4 2007, i will be royally pissed. Its cruel to have such a revolutionary sequel teased at the audience, only to be released much, much later. I mean, with Halo its different, because Halo 3 is just another halo game, with better gmaeplay/graphics, but with smash, the new game will completely redefine the series (or at least thats what it sounds like Sakurai is aiming for) and to have that dangling on a fish hook over us, the fans, is just sick and twisted. Oh, and i hope this is what Snake is doing . If so, he's my new main =).

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever."

Shigeru Miyamoto, the greatest person who ever lived, said that.

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
WOW, after seeing snake behind link, and seeing the donate to yuna thread where there is a pic of him cross-dressing, I think I officially love men.

HourglassMemory

Smash Journeyman
Great! Now after looking at those pictures at the official site, my existance throughout the next 7 days will be futile.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I don't care when Smash bros. comes out, just as long as they give us updates every now and then to drool over. I'll be able to occupy myself until Smash Bros Brawl comes out...it's pretty easy, just live life.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Duke said:
WOW, after seeing snake behind link, and seeing the donate to yuna thread where there is a pic of him cross-dressing, I think I officially love men.
Not you too....

And in the trailer I noticed something else funny.
Throught the WHOLE thing, Pikachu NEVER changes this expression (aside from the ingame sequences).
Check out the wario scene, Pikachu retains the same blank look throughout.

And I nomitate Marshigo for best sig.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
Yeah, but looks at Link's Cowboy boots. Eewww. Good thing they're just a small part of his character.

kirby_fox

Smash Apprentice
how are those cowboy boots? No spurs on the back...

I'm hoping they have this done by Q3 of 07 at the least...that's more than a year right now...but what happened to the Nintendo power thing? Are they still going to release new characters next week and then we'll have bios of them every thursday?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
No.

As I've said numerous times, Ninteno Power is not releasing any new characters in their next issue, as far as anyone knows. That was just a rumor someone made up and put on the Wikipedia because Nintendo Power mentioned Smash on the cover of their July issue. But it was nothing new.

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
McDickyMangDoogleFox why don't you have a nine at the end of your username. Its not the same.

On a side note, if monticello, or whatever, keeps posting his sig then we might have to do something about it, positive or negetive. Look, I have a fever and the only prescription is more buttock. I need more buttock! [/snl]

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
As I've said on other boards:

Okay, I now found the clue that ZS Samus most likely is a seperate character.

This isn't a pure character addition. Rather, under certain conditions, Samus will "remove" her Power Suit. Whoa! That's a woman under there!

Naturally, Zero Suit Samus loses power and stamina, so she should fight using the speed she gains instead.
Also, her gun transforms and can be used as a whip. Of the two, one might consider the whip to be her main weapon.

And don't worry—you'll still be able to play as standard Samus, too.
Okay, we know this description. Let's take only the first and last paragraph.

This isn't a pure character addition. Rather, under certain conditions, Samus will "remove" her Power Suit.
This part actually brought confusion. The fact that she isn't a pure addition could well mean that ZS Samus might just be a suit. However, it could also be interpreted like Link - Young Link. Young Link wasn't a "pure" (read: new) character addition, but actually a character based on a pre-exisiting.

The part where she removes her suit under certain condition also brought more confusion. As I said before, I think it refers to her special conditions in the Metroid games.

Also, the word "remove" got marked. Why is that? It is probably because in SSB:B, she will never "remove" her suit, meaning, either she has her suit on from the beginning till end, or she hasn't.

And now the clue:

And don't worry—you'll still be able to play as standard Samus, too.
This may seem like a normal sentence, but if you read closely you stumble upon something.

If ZS Samus really was just a suit, this addition would never have been needed. It would be just logical that she still has her suit on from the beginning. Reread the text without the last lines:

This isn't a pure character addition. Rather, under certain conditions, Samus will "remove" her Power Suit. Whoa! That's a woman under there!

Naturally, Zero Suit Samus loses power and stamina, so she should fight using the speed she gains instead.
Also, her gun transforms and can be used as a whip. Of the two, one might consider the whip to be her main weapon.
See what I mean?

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
You still fail to explain WHY they would randomly just go off on a tangent about how under certain circumstances in the metroid games, they would state the fact that it's in the meroid games for one and wouldn't jus change subject like that either.

The only thing you've noticed is that you'll be abl to play as samus wihouther changin into Zamus

JLoc

Smash Apprentice
I believe she a seperate character. She not really a "new" character she is still samus just with out the suit. I think said just explain how she became that way(like a bio).

The Bino

Smash Lord
if you guys played Metroid Zero Mission on the GBA you would understand why Zero Suit Samus is and how she came about... if you didn't play the game and still don't understand here is wha happened...

At the end of the game
the Space Pirates shoot down her Spaceship and she crashes and lands in the desert where the Space Pirates take her ship and she escapes outta the ship b4 the S.P. take it.... without her suit cuz it had taken severe damage and she couldn't walk... and she has a lil gun(wha you see in the trailer) the gun only stuns and freezes the S.P. for a couple of seconds... then she has to find a place to hid cuz she has no weapons to fight them, if you got caught they killed you in less than 2 seconds... also since she had no weapons she had to continuosly sneak around, if you made noise they would come and investigate and if you were seen the same thing would happen...

Hope that explains it for everyone why she is a completely dif character from the Samus that we all know with her lovely weapons and gadgets

MICEDIT: Spoilers next time.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
I DID play zero mission (and a good game it was) but that has no relevance to the point of her being a dif character, we are discussing whether "under certain circumstances" refers to circumstances in the game or if it is referring to the metroid series, zero mission being a special example, that being where the suit she is wearing comes from.

BTW she did have a weapon, she had the stun gun.

MeleeUltimate

Smash Cadet
personally I think it would be better if you could simultaneously change into your suit whenever you wanted.

MAYBE you lose your suit when you fire your fully charged plasma beam with original samus , like in the trailer, MAYBE the the power of the shot forces suited smaus to recoil and she losses her power, (her suit) and then you recover you suit by charging up again??? . MAYBE thats why Sakurai said 'under certain conditions' and 'not a pure character addition' . :ohwell:

Anyway guy's lets see what happens .......ehhh? lets be patient and see what he posts. :chuckle: ;)

nategt4

Smash Cadet
i know most people want samus and zamus separate characters, but really think of it this way, two players with the same skill level fighting each other with one as samus and the other as zamus- who would win? sure zamus would be faster, but unless they balance her moves with combos with her whip or somthing, the person playing samus would win (more power, good recovery,etc)

The Bino

Smash Lord
Inferno_blaze said:
BTW she did have a weapon, she had the stun gun.
I know she had a gun i did put that into the explanation

BarBino said:
without her suit cuz it had taken severe damage and she couldn't walk... and she has a lil gun(wha you see in the trailer) the gun only stuns and freezes the S.P. for a couple of seconds... then she has to find a place to hid cuz she has no weapons to fight them, if you got caught they killed you in less than 2 seconds...

See i did put it in

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
I swear you must have edited it even though it says you haven't... **** you for pointing out my mistake, wait a minute, I can just edit my other post.. he he he (I can't be bothered really) anyway sorry for misreading.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
nategt4 said:
i know most people want samus and zamus separate characters, but really think of it this way, two players with the same skill level fighting each other with one as samus and the other as zamus- who would win? sure zamus would be faster, but unless they balance her moves with combos with her whip or somthing, the person playing samus would win (more power, good recovery,etc)
That's like comparing apples with pears. Of course they will balance ZS Samus. It's like Pikachu and Pichu, both basically the same character. Pichu's only stronger, and when using electricity, it gains damage. Big deal. People still use the clone and originals, even though the clones may be better / worse.

Also, ZS Samus isn't just a clone, plus, she has a whole different gaming style. I don't think making Samus change into ZS Samus will be a good idea because of that.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
I'm sad that Zero Samus isn't going to be a separate character. Now I'm worried that they're going to **** up an otherwise awesome character, like they did to Zelda.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Also, there would be something that would bother me when ZS Samus DID turn out as an alternative suit.

While the other Newcomers were actually characters, ZS Samus is supposed to be just a "transformation". This doesn't feel right. If she in fact was just a transformation, wouldn't you think they left out the "Newcomer" part and stuck with the original self, transforming into ZS Samus?

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
McFox said:
You mean like they did to Sheik?

Oh wait, the characters can be played separately, so it doesn't matter.
Meh, I agree that Zelda/Sheik worked out, I was letting my dislike of Sheik cloud the issue -- my point is, is that I'm anything but excited about the prospect of becoming Zero Samus by removing her Power Suit "under certain conditions". That sounds a lot less free-standing, and makes me wonder if Samus and Zamus will be as separately playable as you you point out Zelda/Sheik turned out to be. For instance, if you indeed only can become Zamus after using a HAL token, then Zamus is out, because no respectable tourny will use items, especially supers. Those will just be for youngers, newbies, and people playing while intoxicated / high.

Dunno. It's all just speculation, I'm just saying I'm not enthused in the least by their stipulation that Zero Samus is not a separate character, and can only be used under certain conditions. Now, if those 'conditions' turn out to be a button combo or something similar (possibly irreversable in the match), then it wouldn't be that bad. But still, that's looking at gray clouds and hoping for no rain. It'd be best if there were no clouds at all.

And on a serious note: omg how r they going 2 program teh b00bies (oh I'll SHBAWD, SHUFFL, SHFFMC them thangs)

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Or, "under certain conditions" would probably mean a special way of unlocking her, for example, after finishing someone off (game set) with the Smash token, you'll get a special cut-scene, and afterwards you'll get to fight her.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
GaryCXJk said:
Or, "under certain conditions" would probably mean a special way of unlocking her, for example, after finishing someone off (game set) with the Smash token, you'll get a special cut-scene, and afterwards you'll get to fight her.
ooh I like that. Nice input, that would actually be the best resolution from current information for me :)

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
TheDillo64 said:
I don't really give a f*ck about Tripple posting
Well, a mod might, but more to the point, it's simply distracting. Why bother when you can just edit your posts? Anyways, of the last 3 pictures, none blew me away, but I liked the 8-bit one for the idea.. But just edit your posts if you're adding more to a list, instead of multi-posting :)

JustaPnoy

Smash Apprentice
i thnk to change to zamus it'll prolly be sumthin like gettin the extened grapple. you have to do sumthing weird with your controller (certain conditions) and then boom zamus!

Top Bottom