• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unbelievable! Also: How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

• It should be whenever you want (like Zelda / Sheik)

Votes: 413 24.3%
  • It should be only after Samus' "Super Smash" (like in the movie - this would mean items must be on)

Votes: 74 4.4%
  • It should be only after something happens to Samus (like taking a certain amount of damage)

Votes: 163 9.6%
  • Zamus should be a seperate character all-together

Votes: 869 51.1%
  • I don't really care, I'm happy with whatever

Votes: 182 10.7%

• Total voters

richie137

Smash Cadet
I think this game will be awesome, and you could still play with the GCN Controller, now that's cool, also bring bringing wario, zero suit samus, metaknight,and solid snake, its a pretty good character design,I think sonic, tails and knuckles has a good chance of making this game.

This is still I want to see in SSBB

Waluigi
Daisy
Toad
Samurai Goroh (F-Zero)
a new pokemon,

also I want to see
Sonic
Knuckles
Tails
Final Fantasy Characters
Street Fighter Characters (but I think it willl never happen).

any others....

I will find out soon.

SynikaL

Smash Lord
AnubisGX said:
So you're saying you say, "Me and my boys are Meleeing"
or "I'm going to Melee at Matt's house"
That sounds just as bad.
You'd just say "playing smash/melee"
A names a name, just like Wii.
I know people are still going to get this game even if it's called SSB Fighter Fight. :chuckle:
Maybe

You;re new to this aren't you? ;)

You don't play Smash with your friends, you just "Smash".

You're not "playing Smash" you're "Smashing".

"Yo Syn, you gonna Smash tonight?"

Yeah...

-Syn

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
richie137 said:
I think this game will be awesome, and you could still play with the GCN Controller, now that's cool, also bring bringing wario, zero suit samus, metaknight,and solid snake, its a pretty good character design,I think sonic and tails has a good chance of making this game.

This is still I want to see in SSBB

Waluigi
Daisy
Toad
Samurai Goroh (F-Zero)
a new pokemon,
Don't worry... they never forget to put 3 or 4 new playable pokemons :laugh:

OcarinaLink

Smash Journeyman
Man, I had been deciding between a Wii and PS3 up until I saw that trailer. After seeing Snake pop out from the cardboard box, I've instantly decided to preorder Wii the day it's available.

I mean Solid Snake?! WTF!?! HECK YEAH!!!

Considering that my this game is featuring two of my most favorite game series (LoZ and Metal Gear), this is a no-brainer for me. I just hope they make the characters a bit more balanced this time around. I can't wait to try out Link in SSBB!!!

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
I just noticed, in the Video, in many of the screens, the characters have no shadows, especially in the ones that appear to be "ingame".

AnubisGX

Smash Journeyman
Synikal, I do, as a matter of fact, use the term "smashing."
It's just that you used "brawl." If you substituted "melee" in, it would be the same.
People are just gonna use the series name of "smash," regardless of whatever that name is at the end of the title. Sequel name?
That's all I'm sayin. =)

Mud Buddha

Smash Ace
SonicZeroX said:
I just noticed, in the Video, in many of the screens, the characters have no shadows, especially in the ones that appear to be "ingame".
Actually, yeah, you're right. What the hell?

Kelp Plankton

Smash Apprentice
The lack of shadows is likely due to the game engine's graphics not being fully finalized. They probably haven't made the shadows yet, and may not get to those for a bit.

Xelyst

-_-
SSBB (its about time ^^) !!! Excuse me while I go change my pants and cry happily while doing it o_O

Mud Buddha

Smash Ace
JediNaruto said:
The lack of shadows is likely due to the game engine's graphics not being fully finalized. They probably haven't made the shadows yet, and may not get to those for a bit.
You could argue that. But the only reason I can see for the shadows taking that long to do would be that they are procedurally rendered, and I would have thought Nintendo would've held out a little longer to blow us away with that in the trailer.

But meh, what do I know?

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
the one who did the song for the trailer does the music for the final fantasy series <3

Link-NY

Smash Ace
Mud Buddha said:
You could argue that. But the only reason I can see for the shadows taking that long to do would be that they are procedurally rendered, and I would have thought Nintendo would've held out a little longer to blow us away with that in the trailer.

But meh, what do I know?
meh the way i see it the current trailor BLOWS every1 away

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
"We'd work to make the game independently, but we might be told to simply focus on making the game Wi-Fi compatible, and may be instructed not to lay a hand on any of the 26 characters in the current game, Super Smash Bros. Melee."

^ Does this mean that they will NOT nerf/unnerf any of the chars from melee?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
No.

He was talking about if Nintendo had decided to make the new game without naming him (Sakurai) as director. They might have been afraid to touch any of the old characters.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
McFox said:
No.

He was talking about if Nintendo had decided to make the new game without naming him (Sakurai) as director. They might have been afraid to touch any of the old characters.
Oh I see. I only skimmed the article.

" The table has been set, so if I can't enjoy developing this game I will have failed.
Let's take it to the edge with a lot of weird stuff!"
^ Super attacks anyone?

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
This is so awesome. I stopped visiting the boards for just one day and now there is all this info. I am so excited. I hope they don't remove any old characters.

PITforREV

Smash Journeyman
First off, WOW
NOw speculation

Does anyone think that those power ups may be used only when u grab one of those smash logo things that mario caught before he did his move? Thats how i see it, which is good, cuz then they could be turned off, for all you tournament guys, that move would destroy everything u work for. They got this game under control, i am no longer worried

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Wow, that looks amazing. I'm still trying to get over how good Metaknight looks. Also, Mario's pants have reached a new level.

I'm sorry I don't have anything more constructive to add, but I can't really help it. I just HAVE to post about this.

...Wow.

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
Zero FX said:
This is so awesome. I stopped visiting the boards for just one day and now there is all this info. I am so excited. I hope they don't remove any old characters.
"We'd work to make the game independently, but we might be told to simply focus on making the game Wi-Fi compatible, and may be instructed not to lay a hand on any of the 26 characters in the current game, Super Smash Bros. Melee."
http://www.smashbros.com/en/story/page_2.html

****.... too bad, one of my wishes was for Pichu to be replaced by Plusle and Minun =P. Man, the new characters they added seem like very great additions to the roster, hopefully the rest of the newcomers aren't half-***** =P.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
KingK.Rool said:
Wow, that looks amazing. I'm still trying to get over how good Metaknight looks. Also, Mario's pants have reached a new level.

I'm sorry I don't have anything more constructive to add, but I can't really help it. I just HAVE to post about this.

...Wow.
Look up Smash bros Brawl in Wikipedia.
There's a pic with the comparison of all the Marios of all the smash games.
N64 vs Wii will make you lawl.

MikeMan445

Smash Journeyman
Noypi_GjD said:
http://www.smashbros.com/en/story/page_2.html

****.... too bad, one of my wishes was for Pichu to be replaced by Plusle and Minun =P. Man, the new characters they added seem like very great additions to the roster, hopefully the rest of the newcomers aren't half-***** =P.
That's a conditional statement, and it's not even Sakurai saying it. Notice the "we'd"? He's quoting a Nintendo subdivision as saying that IF they were to work independently, without Sakurai at the helm, they would have not changed any of the original 26 characters.

If you read the rest of the article, however, you can see that Sakurai, clearly, agreed to make the game, which means that they ARE changing the characters by adding and switching around, etc.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
I wonder if any of the other top players like Ken and Isai know about this?

*Ken at a tourney*
There's a new smash?!?!

LinksDarkArrows

Smash Rookie
This game looks purely amazing.

Sakurai said the decision to include Solid Snake when Hideo Kojima himself practically "begged" to include the Metal Gear character in the last Smash Bros. game

What the hell does that mean?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Exactly what it says. Kojima wanted Snake to be in Melee, which was the last game, but it was too late. Now he's in Brawl.

Dodger

Smash Ace
I just wanted to say this to the people who say Snake is a Nintendo character because he was in two NES games: No, he's not. Get over it. Solid Snake is the property of Konami/Kojima. It is only by their permission that he has been allowed to be in SSBB. Saying Snake is a Nintendo char is like saying Mega Man, or the contra guys, or Sonic, etc. are Nintendo chars. All those characters have had games on Nintendo consoles so they must be Nintendo chars right? NO! Sonic belongs to Sega, Mega Man belongs to Capcom. I'm not saying they won't be in the next Smash Bros. I believe they have a very good chance of being in the next Smash Bros., but that doesn't mean they are Nintendo characters.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
A few Sonic games came out for Nintendo systems and all of a sudden, tons of people think Nintendo owns Sega. I don't get it.

Top Bottom