• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unbelievable! Also: How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

• It should be whenever you want (like Zelda / Sheik)

Votes: 413 24.3%
  • It should be only after Samus' "Super Smash" (like in the movie - this would mean items must be on)

Votes: 74 4.4%
  • It should be only after something happens to Samus (like taking a certain amount of damage)

Votes: 163 9.6%
  • Zamus should be a seperate character all-together

Votes: 869 51.1%
  • I don't really care, I'm happy with whatever

Votes: 182 10.7%

• Total voters

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
I noticed some stuff about Metaknight. In the trailer, right after it introduces him with "Newcomer Metaknight" and he swoops down from his ship, it shows a close up of him landing on a platform, running up and attacking Mario. He dashes right into the attack, so it has to be a dash attack (according to Smash physics as we know them). But look at the attack! That is not how dash attacks are supposed to be! Either he has a really wierd dash attack, or he is able to dash directly into his rapid-A punch, or whatever move he was doing. If you open the trailer in Windows Movie Maker and have it automatically split the movie up into clips, the clip where this happens is 24.

Also, on clip 25, we get to see what his forward smash and bair are. The first move he does in clip 25 appears to be a forward smash on Mario at a somewhat low percent. His forward smash (if that's what it is) is alot like Young Link's forward smash with two hits, and I say Young Link instead of Link, because the first hit of it appears to have barely any knockback, like Young Link's, to combo into the second hit. Except I think Metaknight's is a little faster and weaker. Next it shows him back air Kirby. His bair reminds me of Link's bair, and Kirby's fair. It has 3 hits, and the third sends them up and out. Seems like a pretty cool move, looks like it has alot of range for a bair. And then on Clip 26, right after, it shows him doing either a fair or nair on Mario. Kind of like Marth's nair, and the second hit sends them up, and a little forward. Looks like this might be deadly for combo'ing fast fallers.

But I'm still wondering about the first move it shows him doing. Is that his dash attack? It almost looks like he just grabbed Mario and started hitting him, but I played it frame by frame and that's not what happens.

night_blade

Smash Rookie
i almost cried when i read about it and saw the trailer... has nintendo won E3? or are we just hoping fo- nvm, nintendo just won E3. i can't wait for this to come out. my biggest concern when i first heard about a SSB3 was the wiimote's controls... but nintendo did the smart thing and is trying to keep a lot of the gameplay the same, meaning that nearly all if not all players who have been exposed to SSBM will buy and love SSBB.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
TheCatPhysician said:
I noticed some stuff about Metaknight. In the trailer, right after it introduces him with "Newcomer Metaknight" and he swoops down from his ship, it shows a close up of him landing on a platform, running up and attacking Mario. He dashes right into the attack, so it has to be a dash attack (according to Smash physics as we know them). But look at the attack! That is not how dash attacks are supposed to be!
Dash grab.

supermarth101

Smash Rookie
well,look at this,this is the start of the greatest smash bros game coming out for the nintendo wii,this is why the nintendo wii is kinda better then playstation 3 and definitly better then the xbox 360

Varo

Smash Rookie
dunno if this has been posted yet (30 pages)

Fawful might be in this game according to wikipedia

"Fans have requested his appearance in the next Super Smash Bros game Super Smash Bros Brawl at E3 2006 when the crowd was asked who they would like to see in the game by Masahiro Sakurai. Sakuria's translator then told him of the fans request, making his appearance a possibility"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fawful

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
I uploaded everything that Nintendo provided the press including as well as a high resolution version of the trailer at QJ.net. I have to watermark images there so people don't steal them from us. Since SmashBoards has the most hardcore Smash fans, I also uploaded a non-watermarked version to UltraShare for your photoshopping and avatar purposes.

Pictures for Easy Viewing and Downloadable Hi-Res Trailer
http://wii.qj.net/New-Super-Smash-B...pg/49/aid/38194

Downloadable Zip File with Art + Screenshots
http://ultrashare.net/hosting/fl/341faa3822/

ReiGamer

Smash Rookie
I did some research as to the origins of Snake. I KNEW that the original Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake were ON the Famicom system (NES folks), but my research showed that it was in fact a port. Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake were originally for a COMPUTER system know as the MXS2... and upon further research... discovered that the owner of the MSX2 is.... Microsoft *screams! GOD NO!!!!*

Good thing that Konami ported it to the NES. So if you look at it that way... the very first CONSOLE that had a Metal Gear game on it was in fact, Nintendo. So WHY Snake is considered a third person character only stems from your experiences with Metal Gear SOLID... on the Playstation gaming console.

I don't know much about WHY Konami changed systems... but Nintendo had it first (for console games).

Soooo... OMFG GO NINTENDO! I thought I'd never love again after Wii... BUT I think I just Wii'd in my pants! *thumb* :love:

*starts saving money*

BTW, who else would you like to see in this epic new title??!
Super Smash Brothers BRAWL

Good name... nice job Nintendo... I wouldn't have believed SSBMW (Wii...)

As for all the other non-believers... SHUNNNNNNNN (inside joke... look up Charlie the Unicorn at Newgrounds... funny stuff). :laugh:

Jrob2k6

Smash Cadet
http://samusnaked.ytmnd.com/

LMAO....Anyways. Lyndis needs to be in this they don't have any eastern swordfighters yett. Hector would be the first axefigher too.

Tetra would be cool IMO. But that would make another Zelda/Sheik type person.

Hawk From Seiken Densetsu 3 should be in..... Or Regal From Symphonia.

I'm not ruling ANYONE out now.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Here is my prediction for the next smash.

Sheik and Young Link will be taken out of the game. I think Twightlight Princess versions of Zelda and Gannondorf will replace the old designs much like Link was changed. Windwaker Link might fill the void of Young Link, but I already think Pit did that. He has small swords and shoots arrows.

I also think zero suit samus is the replacement for sheik. She even has the same colors as sheik and a whip. Both would look very similar in the same game.

I think Doctor Mario will be taken out. There really is no need for him.

Pichu should be taken out as well. He is boring and weak and pointless.

Jrob2k6

Smash Cadet
It's a sword not a whip.

YES I KNOW, it bends when she swings it. It's a sword.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
buried are the differences between us

now...

lol, i used to think melee looked amazing

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
HOLY ****ING CHRIST

I don't check the internet for 1 day, and I miss this bloody announcement. . .good god. I don't give sithspit about anything else for the rest of 2006--now that I've seen Smash and know that it's going to be relatively similar to its predecessor, I can finally rest in peace. Just. . .wow. Thank you Nintendo; I'm sorry I ever doubted you, even for a second.

Solid Snake in Smash? I say yes. Screw any other 3rd party character; Sonic and Megaman don't got the balls that Snake's got. Thank you Hideo Kojima for begging Snake to be in SSBB.

I don't care about the other characters that much--Pit looks interesting though. And I'm glad they updated Link to the Twilight Princess version. I just wish they'd make Samus into her MP2 version as well.

This is one of the happiest days in my life. Yay.

TheRedMarth

Smash Apprentice
Curiosity:

I noticed that there seem to be two distinctly different super's in the trailers. Multiple target and single target, and it occurs to me. Do people just have one super or two? Stay with me, this would certainly fit into the motif of the game.

Perhaps why there are two types of super's in the trailer (Mario's stage clearing Fireball and link's ****in' Omnislash/Kirby's Pot-Cooking [Ennuendo-ness!]) is that there are two types of super's? A button based Single-target supers, B based Multi-target super's?

Just an idle thought.

ReiGamer

Smash Rookie
^
A good idle thought too... speculation tells us that either you're going to love it or hate it. BUT, supers will still look amazing. I know people who don't like to play with items on SSBM and I think there will be a turn off button of supers for sure.

As far as TWO supers per character goes... we'll just have to wait and see. Going to be a long wait... but we all know it'll be DEFINITELY worth it! ^_^

EDIT: The REAL question is... which character will you choose to play? ^_^

TheRedMarth

Smash Apprentice
Onto, the arguement of losing characters. Beyond the precident that it didn't happen between SSB and SSBM (The weak charcter's physic were just redesigned) On the game director's blog, he makes mention of Nintendo's directive that he's not to remove any of the 26 characters from SSBM. Check it out.

It's linked through Smashdojo.com. Read it, It does shed some light, as well as give you a good feel for the directors appreciation of what the Smash fans want. I'm wishing on a star that the clones will be given their own move sets. And maybe, but highly unlikely with the aforementioned info, that if we must have another Pikachu incarnation that it be Raichu....Not Pichu.

But knowing what has been said by Sakurai, that's not at all likely.

The plus being that we will likely see Sheik gimped through the god-**** floor, much like the Kirby or Ness of SSB.

**** Sheik.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
For all the people who said "I think they will remove characters X and Y," you're stupid. Sorry. Remove Sheik? Not a chance. Young Link? Nope. Game and Watch? Nope.

Why would they remove any characters? Is there any reason to?

No, there's not.

DON'T DOUBLE POST

If you have more to say, Edit your post.

As for the Gamecube controller:

How will Super Smash Bros. for Wii take advantage of the controller?

Mr. Sakurai: We've actually been working with some different ideas, and we've found that trying to implement too much of the motion sensor could actually get in the way of the game. We're looking at trying to keep the controls simple, as they have been in past games. Of course, you all know that the Wii hardware has ports for the GameCube controller as well. So, I'll just say now that you may not want to throw away your GameCube controllers just yet!

Mr. Miyamoto and Nintendo have encouraged developers to really take advantage of the Wii Controller and find innovative ways to implement it into their games. So in that sense, I'm going in a different direction, and trying to offer something that has more of the standard control features that all of you have come to expect.
That basically says it will use the Gamecube controller. I'd edit the information if Sakurai and Miyamoto change their minds.

And TheRedMarth, how do you know that the Omnislash or Chef Kawasaki can't hit more than one person? Yes, both of those moves were SHOWN hitting one person, but Link could've easily had other people caught in that combo as well. And Kawasaki's pot is probably big enough for more than one person. Keep in mind, the only gameplay Super we saw was Mario's, the other two were cut-scene.

Brokenskye

Smash Rookie
I think the best way to go, if they must include supers [Which looks f**kin' awesome], is they should let them be obtainable through something like a Limit Break. They shouldn't be easy to get though.

devilish

Smash Rookie
Cegi
Smash n00b

This is amazing...
Even though Square and Nintendo are on a bit more friendly terms, does this mean that there is a possibility of Square characters? And do you think the 3rd party developers are ALSO involved in the creation of the game?

CLOUD COMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, SEPHIROTH COMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :)

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Brokenskye said:
I think the best way to go, if they must include supers [Which looks f**kin' awesome], is they should let them be obtainable through something like a Limit Break. They shouldn't be easy to get though.
Or how about an item that can be turned on and off, like they already have it set up right now? (watch the trailer)

Making it a Limit thing breaks the game. Putting the supers on an item keeps the original gameplay if people want it, or adds supers for people who want to use those.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Now that the 3rd party wall has been broken...
(Solid Snake, and the FF composer did the main theme)

Here's hoping for Sonic, Megaman, and who knows what else?

But I would like to see some more Nintendo characters.
Let's hope they take the next year to really upgrade the roster.
The game is looking pretty hott though.
Can't wait.

Shaolin-Ninja

Smash Apprentice
I hope Megaman X won't be in the game. Dunno why, just don't like that character.

EDIT: I mean what he has become! In that crap P2 game, I'd be fine with the short, SNES one ;)

PSIFox13

Smash Rookie
i think solid snake's inclusion is opening up the flood-gates too an absolute travesty. Sure, metal gear's first console was NES, but this game was reserved for characters that are or were first or second party nintendo creations. I like sonic, and megaman, but keep them out. There are too many cool first and second party nintendo characters to warrant going outside the box. Give us Samarai Goroh, Poo, Ridley, Hector, Krystal, Star Wolf, Captin Olimer, or even Wart before you go 3rd party on us. I have been playing this frachise since the original came out for 64, and I dont approve. However, I will cope and the game looks so awesome..........

The best thing I think this game will do is be able to prove who the best players truly are at this game to, through internet game-play. I mean, on this forum, everyone tries to say who the best players are. Some of us who can't get to tournaments will now get the chance to test our skills against those who are great.

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
PSIFox13 said:
The best thing I think this game will do is be able to prove who the best players truly are at this game to, through internet game-play. I mean, on this forum, everyone tries to say who the best players are. Some of us who can't get to tournaments will now get the chance to test our skills against those who are great.
You got that right. ;)

nategt4

Smash Cadet
dont like 3rd party, huh PSIfox 13 well you going to get it anyway, it adds to the game and answers the age old question: sonic or mario who is better(hopefully sonic will be in it this time) and as far as the supers go i dont like the idea of them just being an ordinary item, it will break the flow of fighting and will have everyone racing to get it, and the one who is the closest to it (when it spawns) will almost always get it, making the super a matter of luck and good timing.

Mud Buddha

Smash Ace
It's already been said, yes, but I can imagine the gameplay being very different for online as a direct result of lag. Your timing for L-cancelling could be completely off, and, as any competetive smasher will tell you, making JUST ONE MISTAKE can turn the tide of a battle in an instant.

SBL

Smash Rookie
I wonder if the DBR Are gonna Make their combo videos on Super smash bros brawl when it comes out?

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
nategt4 said:
and as far as the supers go i dont like the idea of them just being an ordinary item, it will break the flow of fighting and will have everyone racing to get it, and the one who is the closest to it (when it spawns) will almost always get it, making the super a matter of luck and good timing.

errrmmm.... i mean the whole main idea of the SSB games are just random brawl with items. Since the first game, items = a big gamble. And that is the funny part of playing with items...... u can be godly but the items makes the game much more unpredictable and funny at the same time, which IMO is the true spirit of smash.

Making the special moves restrictly for items, give u the chance to turn them off if u are going for more serious 1v1 to see who is more skilled... not to see who gets the "Smash ball" first to do a special.

A lot of people who are not into competitive play, loves the randomness and crazy *** action of smash.

who in this forum doesnt love to turn items on (in high) from time to time to go all crazy with ur fellas ;)

FunkDocOH

Smash Cadet
They stated in their press release that the online play will be very similar to Television or Telephone transmissions. Dunno if that'll solve anything or keep the lag off, but it's a start I guess.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Mud Buddha said:
It's already been said, yes, but I can imagine the gameplay being very different for online as a direct result of lag. Your timing for L-cancelling could be completely off, and, as any competetive smasher will tell you, making JUST ONE MISTAKE can turn the tide of a battle in an instant.

yeah that is my biggest conern.-----

Online game seems all too flashy but,,, the lag just kill games like SSB----- in fact i dont see how they will do to prevent lag from the online battles =(

DrewMoney

Smash Apprentice
NNID
banditandrew
3DS FC
3540-0555-2542
yea so wat if i am alittle late seeing the video (saw it today) WOW amazing......like wow i really am speechless, but very very excited for this game....they have ben working there little butts off

Top Bottom