• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What happened in 2016?

Also, yes, the world is dramatic, but in a "wow this is such a complex and emotionally provocative place" kind of way.
You're being dramatic in a "J443FJUDJ()((TRHNFCV** I'MMA FLY OFF THE HANDLE OVER EVERYTHING!!" kind of way.
Do you really need me to say what happened in 2016? I live in America and I'm a transgender lesbian. What do you THINK happened in 2016. Nuance died that day. Logic and reason died that day. The only way to win is to be louder and meaner than the other side.

TriStarGamer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4620-2306
Switch FC
5415-2743-8314
Whether the direct happens or not, obviously i’m just gonna wait and see, enjoy smash and other games, and not stress over this, no point in it really. Yes i wanna play as joker too, but def not to the point it’s driving me to insanity

The perpetual cycle loops to infinity.
7CE291AB-4160-4741-972D-804644218508.jpeg

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Do you really need me to say what happened in 2016? I live in America and I'm a transgender lesbian. What do you THINK happened in 2016. Nuance died that day. Logic and reason died that day. The only way to win is to be louder and meaner than the other side.
I don't want to get political, but two wrongs don't make a right.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Listen, with all due respect... It's like you don't even want people to take you seriously. Everything you say is so needlessly dramatic, and a lot of your beliefs seem really self-destructive.

Last edited:

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
there's gotta be at least one character besides joker in ultimate that you like
Yeah there is, but the thing is all I can think when I look at my mains list is “Joker’s missing from this” cause we KNOW HE’S COMING
I think the reason why I didn’t care as much about the wait for Mewtwo as this is cause I wasn’t too torn up nor hyped over Mewtwo back then as everyone else was. I guess now I know how those guys felt.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
To be fair, what's happened with Joker is kind of unheard of. 4 months with no information other than "He's coming!"? Only other time it's happened that I can think of was Mewtwo, but he's a veteran so we knew what to expect. Every other newcomer for Smash DLC was shown with a trailer about 2 months in advance. ****, we don't even officially have the render yet, can you blame people when Nintendo doesn't even want to show us that? I'm fine with waiting on Brave because we're not supposed to know about them
honestly, with the similarities to mewtwo i think it's just a symptom of development coming to a close then slowly winding back up again - sakurai mentioned he was taking a fairly lengthy (by his standards, probably 2 days long) christmas break, so i can assume everyone else in the dev team was doing the same.

development will likely speed back up to a regular release cycle by 3.0.0, though it'll remain to be seen if they pull another cloud and take a random 4 month gap between releases

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Gotta admit, I was agreeing with you up until this.
The second you bring politics into a discussion about Smash Bros., you lose.

Graizen

Smash Champion
The Direct not getting announced actualy makes the Chrono leak even stronger.
That leak showed no date.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I don't want to get political, but two wrongs don't make a right.
Listen, with all due respect... It's like you don't even want people to take you seriously. Everything you say is so needlessly dramatic, and a lot of your beliefs seem really self-destructive.
I just want things to go back to normal. If things were fine I probably wouldn't give to ****s about Nintendo. But normal has gone from everythings fine to everything's not, so I, like a lot of people, have developed hair trigger emotions.

D

Deleted member

And I'll dip because I don't even like Hinoka that much.

BUT YOU CAN'T DENY THE DESIGN RESEMBLANCE.
DnDynpTUYAAwPmH.jpg

you can't just do me like this

you can't just compare the most serious, western, non-anime game ever to something that weebs like

no weebs like xenoblade 2

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Hey um... how did this discussion get to politics?

I thought this was just a standard debate regarding the fact that Joker was revealed too early

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I'm not even that fussed about Joker (have yet to purchase the Fighter Pass or any individual fighter DLC), I just wanna see what Stage Builder's like and hope the buffs and nerfs are merciful on my mains

Also am kind of hoping to move on to the next, post- Joker and Erdrick phase of speculation: a real leap into the unknown as all we have on the last three is 'a Microsoft rep could logically be coming'.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Potatoes

POTATOES

POTATOES!!!!!

Huh, yeah, what are we talking right now?:cheep:

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
I'm not even that fussed about Joker (have yet to purchase the Fighter Pass or any individual fighter DLC), I just wanna see what Stage Builder's like and hope the buffs and nerfs are merciful on my mains

Also am kind of hoping to move on to the next, post- Joker and Erdrick phase of speculation: a real leap into the unknown as all we have on the last three is 'a Microsoft rep could logically be coming'.
I think it’s fairly obvious it’s either gonna be Banjo or no one.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
We have to start speculating for previous games now.
So do you think Shovel Knight will be DLC for smash 4?
I'm still waiting for the Exalted March expansion for Dragon Age II.

Seriously it's been eight ****ing years.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I just want things to go back to normal. If things were fine I probably wouldn't give to ****s about Nintendo. But normal has gone from everythings fine to everything's not, so I, like a lot of people, have developed hair trigger emotions.
Seems petty. Yes, people like you and me face a lot of hardship, and it's easy to get swept up in all the emotions. But if you never learn to rise above it, and only see all the negatives about the world, you're bound to go down a path... Well, like yours, where you hate an entire gender just for a few bad experiences.

Learn to get better about this sort of thing. Stop seeing everything as just "people are being rude to me, so I need to be even ruder back".

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Do you really need me to say what happened in 2016? I live in America and I'm a transgender lesbian. What do you THINK happened in 2016.
Oh that, yes
Nuance died that day. Logic and reason died that day.
And here's you being SUPER DRAMATIC again. This is the opening to sci-fi horror story, not a rational response to current events.
The only way to win is to be louder and meaner than the other side.
No, it really isn't. This is the kind of stuff that makes me worry you've got a screw loose :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom