• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Why do we think that there couldn’t be two MS characters? Like, they could do Steve AND Banjo. Or Master Chief AND Banjo. There’s no rule that says we’re only getting one character from any given company.
This

We don't know for sure if each third party is limited to one character or not...
And I'm kinda hoping this is the case, because imo, with Steve and Banjo, you really can't have one without the other...
It just feels wrong, otherwise. They both have notable history with Nintendo and/or gaming, and it'd be a shame for them to only be limited to one.
That, and I want everyone to be happy in the end.

And I expect art of Steve and Banjo being best friends, if this ever comes to fruition

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
I’ve been clamoring for an HD remake of Banjo 1 and 2 ever sense the Crash Trilogy. I would love it if they brought him back and heralded it with an appearance in Smash.
I agree the time is very ripe for this kind of thing.

Spyro, Crash, and... Bubsy were all gone but now they're back.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You have no idea what MS is planning. They brought back Killer Instinct and they’re bringing back Battletoads. And with the stellar sales of the Crash and Spyro trilogies, and greedy corporations executive worth their salt would be hungrily staring at that bear with dollar signs in their eyes.

Even if a franchise hasn’t had a new installment in a while, doesn’t mean they are “dead”. Crash was “dead” but he’s not anymore. So the better word to use is dormant.
Fair enough. Its just considering despite the demand Isaac got he still stuck as an assist given his series was dead so I was assuming the same might happen with Banjo.

I apparently overlooked that new Crash racing game too. That is a good point.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The final three DLC characters are Ed, Edd, and Eddy, and you're going to like it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
This

We don't know for sure if each third party is limited to one character or not...
And I'm kinda hoping this is the case, because imo, with Steve and Banjo, you really can't have one without the other...
It just feels wrong, otherwise. They both have notable history with Nintendo and/or gaming, and it'd be a shame for them to only be limited to one.

And I expect art of Steve and Banjo being best friends, if this ever comes to fruition
A SmashingRamen Post?

That doesn't **** on Banjo?

have I entered the Twilight Zone?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
This

This is honestly what I expect (a little bit of hope, but honestly this makes sense.

Joker is showcased and the next two characters (Erdrick and Solaire) are shown off. Joker releases that month while the other two wait a bit.

Erdrick and Solaire both release around E3. But Smash is not given much spotlight. Other projects instead get the limelight.

A winter Direct reveals two trailers. One that shows Crash AND Spyro. The other shows Banjo and Steve. Crash and Spyro close out pass 1, Steve and Banjo open pass 2. The remaining 3 could be anyone though. I really have no idea. But likely characters include Dante, Sand, Sub-Zero, Sora, Nintendo ad shill picks, heck maybe even Goku.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I wouldn't mind Steve AND Banjo, but if I had to pick one, it would be Steve. With that said though, I'm not sure if the Steve vs. Banjo debate is even worth it. Both appeal to completely different demographics, Steve would appeal to the younger and more casual audience, while Banjo would be more for the hardcore older fanbase. It's a matter of personal preference, but no character pick is better than the other when it comes to these two. Either there's people getting angry over Steve, or going "literally who" over Banjo.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I wouldn't mind Steve AND Banjo, but if I had to pick one, it would be Steve. With that said though, I'm not sure if the Steve vs. Banjo debate is even worth it. Both appeal to completely different demographics, Steve would appeal to the younger and more casual audience, while Banjo would be more for the hardcore older fanbase. It's a matter of personal preference, but no character pick is better than the other when it comes to these two. Either there's people getting angry over Steve, or going "literally who" over Banjo.
Thank you! Finally someone else who understands!

I really think we need to get rid of the idea that this is some sort of contest. All it does is make people fight.

Noipoi

Howdy!
The only thing I really want when it comes to Steve or Banjo is peace between the Steve Stans and the Banjo Bros.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The only thing I really want when it comes to Steve or Banjo is peace between the Steve Stans and the Banjo Bros.
Hey. I’d support Steve if he made it in. I’d be happy for the people who want him. But I still prefer Banjo and I think so do a lot of more longtime fans. But the amount of “newer” players who obviously prefer Steve is just as big. It’s why I think they need to do both, really.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
D

Deleted member

Since MS is working towards better relations with Nintendo does this mean Cuphead could be ported to the Switch? That would be hella dope.

Also I agree and Hope that there would be two MS reps since Steve and Banjo target two dramatically different markets Steve would be for the Casual gamers and the people who grew up on Minecraft and Banjo would be for the Hardcore fanbase, people who've stuck with Nintendo since the N64 and who grew up with Banjo. In fact the ONLY reason I even remotely dislike the Idea of Steve being in Smash is solely cause I would prefer Banjo otherwise I welcome Steve so if they could both get in? That would be amazing. I really hope that this comes to be but it's not that likely in all honesty.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
A SmashingRamen Post?

That doesn't **** on Banjo?

have I entered the Twilight Zone?
Literally, the only reason I've been against Banjo, was because I preferred Steve.

If they both got in, I'd be perfectly fine with him, and would see him as a cool nod to fans who've been asking for him.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Minecraft Steve burns every Banjo fans' dreams with flint and steel.

and it took vergeben bandwagons to make it widespread

D

Deleted member

Steve is not as likely as you all decipher them to be.
Albeit, I prefer Steve over Banjo.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Steve is not as likely as you all decipher them to be.
Albeit, I prefer Steve over Banjo.
I mean, at least in terms of western third parties, he's up there as one of the most likely candidates, alongside Banjo, and maybe Crash...

Otherwise, I'd say no western characters would have a shot, so he does have something going for him, at least

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom