• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
We discussin' how old we are? Well I get nostalgic over the dial up sound. That's the real ****. And I could list a load of old British kids shows but I'm not sure what the point would be.

Anyways, speaking of age, what are people's first games here? I started off playing Pokemon Yellow and Gold (much preferred Gold - I could never figure out how to get past Brock) as well as some weird PC games (anyone heard of/remember Zoombinis? It was some strange semi-educational game, but I loved it). I eventually got a GBA with the ports of Super Mario Bros 3 and a Link to the Past. From there I moved onto the Gamecube, which I got bundled with Mario Kart Double Dash and The Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition (the best ****ing bundle in existence - it's scientifically impossible to prove otherwise). I lose track of what I got next (Sunshine?) but I was properly into it by then.
My first video game has to be one of these:

• Super Mario Land 1 or 2
  • Tetris
  • San Francisco Rush
  • Cruis'n USA

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
people: *talking about vs debating stats*
arigarmy:

1497849019635.png

shulk is the strongest lol bye

KMDP

Smash Legend
Come to think of it, even if you highball Kirby (no pun intended), Goku and Vegeta on their own right...
have potential to shatter through spacetime with enough discipline, as that moment with Broly can attest to. Assuming Kirby were to challenge one of them and absorb them into his pocket dimension, they can probably bust out through sheer force.
Dragon Ball characters have been able to break space-time since the Buu Saga.

Gotenks and Buu did it by screaming (Buu did it twice), and Goku and Vegeta have long since passed that point.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Get ready for cliche, but I’m kinda like that to. xD

However, can you expand on “having more fun like everyone else?” I don’t understand how yelling and making stupid jokes and making fun of kids is “fun.” xD

Also, for clarification, I’m not saying I’m better than anyone.
By you saying their enjoyment is somehow dumber or less valid than yours, you are considering yourself as better than them. And hell, that may be true. But my regret 7 years after being an early teen is that instead of trying to understand why the people my age enjoyed what they enjoyed, I just said that what they did was stupid and therefore not for me. It ended up causing some pretty cringey and anti-social behavior as the years went on.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
If the 2nd DLC character is indeed a SE character, then that leaves Namco as the only veteran 3rd party company with no new reps this game(unless Capcom with just an echo doesn't count). So I'm confident that the 3rd DLC character will be from Namco(hoping it's Tales as it's the only reasonable licensewise JRPG not in yet).

I mean it should be pointed out that Namco has abysmal content(not as bad as lol Square Enix though) compared to the other companies.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

By you saying their enjoyment is somehow dumber or less valid than yours, you are considering yourself as better than them. And hell, that may be true. But my regret 7 years after being an early teen is that instead of trying to understand why the people my age enjoyed what they enjoyed, I just said that what they did was stupid and therefore not for me. It ended up causing some pretty cringey and anti-social behavior as the years went on.
That’s fair enough, Thanks for the advice. Honestly though, I’m probably not going to act the way they do. I guess you could say I have my own type of fun, sorta, and on top of that, some of the things they do aren’t the best. They’re not bad people, but some of their actions aren’t amazing.

D

Deleted member

You all are lucky to have friends, because I have none.
I am too shy.
...baka!

Last edited by a moderator:

Pakky

Smash Hero
We get it, your only state of mind is 'horny on main'

Also my first video game that I can remember is Monster Inc. Scare Island. I cannot remember a single thing but I never had a memory card for my old ps1
Seriously though, Lara would be great. Though that's probably ain't happening, shame.

Man are all the big name females out of luck? I hope not.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
If the 2nd DLC character is indeed a SE character, then that leaves Namco as the only veteran 3rd party company with no new reps this game(unless Capcom with just an echo doesn't count). So I'm confident that the 3rd DLC character will be from Namco(hoping it's Tales as it's the only reasonable licensewise JRPG not in yet).
Honestly I want it to be Nightmare because then I get another big ass dude with a big ass unga sword. mmmmmmmmmmm that's the GOOD ****

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
It's just a common thing for kids in their early teens to be contrarian and have disdain for what the people around them consider "popular". I have a sister your age that's like that. I was like that too, but honestly, I regret it. Kinda wish I would've had fun with everyone else at that age rather then pretend like I was so much better.
I mean, I don't really think I'm better than them, quite the opposite, but I don't really wanna partake in their antics. Ya know, screaming and crap.

Take it from someone who's got basically no choice but to keep to himself.

It S U C K S
Honestly I'm happy keeping to myself.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Also my first video game that I can remember is Monster Inc. Scare Island. I cannot remember a single thing but I never had a memory card for my old ps1
The first games I remember are Super Mario Land and Donkey Kong '94.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Honestly I want it to be Nightmare because then I get another big *** dude with a big *** unga sword. mmmmmmmmmmm that's the GOOD ****
Ivy for me, but not for the reason you think.

Whip ground traps would be dope.

Though Nightmare would have top billing without a doubt.

Though I gotta say :ultcloud::ultike::ultganondorf: Are all really good, please nerf.

For real, for real :ultike: Could he like stop being him a little bit.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

it is probably because you say things like "baka"

/s I'm never actually trying to be mean to you guys
あなたはわからない、ばか!この声明は悪い翻訳者によって行われました。
I know you are not trying to be mean.
what do you mean by this
Are you an Arigarmy clone? /s

Last edited by a moderator:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Wanna know how old I am? I remember waking up early to catch Felix the Cat on TV. Do any of you guys even know Felix the Cat? No, a Nostalgia Critic review doesn't count
I watched that weird Twisted Tales of Felix they did back in the nineties and had some cheap public domain dvds of the black and white cartoons, and a few color ones like the Golden Goose and Ol’ King Cole

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Now did you get that from a google search or have you seen any episodes?

Honestly I have no ****ing clue what was going on there, I understand Gogeta being so strong and fast he pulls of Hit's **** but Broly was getting curbstomped. He was literally being beaten to the point he was ****ing terrified, how the **** does he move thst fast even then?
Honestly, I thought they broke into the quantum realm or something. **** was bonkers but man was it cool.

Dragon Ball characters have been able to break space-time since the Buu Saga.

Gotenks and Buu did it by screaming (Buu did it twice), and Goku and Vegeta have long since passed that point.
Fair point, but it happened unintentionally. Hell, they were surprised it even happened to begin with.

people: *talking about vs debating stats*
arigarmy:

View attachment 190225

shulk is the strongest lol bye
In terms of Nintendo characters? He's arguably at the top, but Atlus has a few answers to him. Namely this glorious motherflyfer right here:
Hitoshura.full.370593.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

May someone please send me a picture of an attractive man?
Watch out! You may have unconsciously sold your soul.
Watch out! You may have spelled "unconsciously" incorrectly, so I corrected it for you.
The first games I remember are Super Mario Land and Donkey Kong '94.
I really forgot what my first games were, but a very early one I remember is Super Mario Bros. 3.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
We discussin' how old we are? Well I get nostalgic over the dial up sound. That's the real ****. And I could list a load of old British kids shows but I'm not sure what the point would be.

Anyways, speaking of age, what are people's first games here? I started off playing Pokemon Yellow and Gold (much preferred Gold - I could never figure out how to get past Brock) as well as some weird PC games (anyone heard of/remember Zoombinis? It was some strange semi-educational game, but I loved it). I eventually got a GBA with the ports of Super Mario Bros 3 and a Link to the Past. From there I moved onto the Gamecube, which I got bundled with Mario Kart Double Dash and The Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition (the best ****ing bundle in existence - it's scientifically impossible to prove otherwise). I lose track of what I got next (Sunshine?) but I was properly into it by then.
First game I *remember* playing was Super Mario Bros. 2. My cousin had an NES and liked playing as Peach. Then my parents bought an SNES for our house with Super Mario World, but I honestly don't remember what other games we had.

My first real gaming memory was being jealous that my friends had Sega Genesises and when the Saturn came out, I wanted that. And I played the **** out of it with NBA Jam, Virtual Cop, NiGHTS, Panzer Dragoon and Virtual On. But then the console suddenly stopped reading discs, and rather than get it fixed, my parents sold it at a garage sale and got an N64 for us instead.

I would have grown up a Sega kid if the Saturn just hadn't broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom