• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
*coughs nervously*
571A16AF-2F15-471C-BA70-9FE1724B678B.gif

Holy ****ing ****, it’s actually happening.

Xbox games can be played on a ****ing Nintendo console now.

Insert message about Banjo being able to come to Nintendo.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Fair point, but it happened unintentionally. Hell, they were surprised it even happened to begin with.
I consider it a lot like the events of the Battle of Gods portion of Super, where the shockwaves caused by Goku and Beerus' fists clashing were causing planets in other galaxies to break apart (this would take a lot of power, by the way) until Goku got a handle over the level of strength he was managing.

Actually, I want someone to do the calculations on this.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Xbox games can be played on a ****ing Nintendo console.
I'm actually curious, does this mean Microsoft is pulling out from the console industry?

Are they going SEGA?

IS MASTER CHIEF COMING TO SMASH

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
you know, i really wish they didnt announce joker so far ahead of time. Waiting for the character I want to main for so long has really kinda sapped my drive to get better as i have not clicked with anyone so far
by the time Joker is out, I would be ****ing done with the game, hell Im almost there now

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
First game I *remember* playing was Super Mario Bros. 2. My cousin had an NES and liked playing as Peach. Then my parents bought an SNES for our house with Super Mario World, but I honestly don't remember what other games we had.

My first real gaming memory was being jealous that my friends had Sega Genesises and when the Saturn came out, I wanted that. And I played the **** out of it with NBA Jam, Virtual Cop, NiGHTS, Panzer Dragoon and Virtual On. But then the console suddenly stopped reading discs, and rather than get it fixed, my parents sold it at a garage sale and got an N64 for us instead.

I would have grown up a Sega kid if the Saturn just hadn't broken.
The Saturn cared deeply for you. It loved you enough to let you go.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
View attachment 190228
Holy ****ing ****, it’s actually happening.

Xbox games can be played on a ****ing Nintendo console now.

Insert message about Banjo being able to come to Nintendo.
Where is the source that says exactly that that isnt from a random twitter user and right from microsoft?

Last edited:

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
I watched that weird Twisted Tales of Felix they did back in the nineties and had some cheap public domain dvds of the black and white cartoons, and a few color ones like the Golden Goose and Ol’ King Cole
I was on a Felix kick for a year or two. You have great taste.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Hello my lovelies~

How has your day been going?
Still trying to boost my creativity and motivation, while trying to improve on my flagship (yep, that Pit/Samus shipping of mine kinda leaking out). Just not doing well as I still wish I can inspire and be of good influence. I'm still thinking lack of fair outcome from my creativity and ideas is decreasing my will to do much. Probably too much creative production with no outlet and such to spread it around. So consider me bored and sad today.

The few positives I have now is decent food and rain, the latter which might give me ideas.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'm actually curious, does this mean Microsoft is pulling out from the console industry?

Are they going SEGA?

IS MASTER CHIEF COMING TO SMASH
Not quite. It's more of them realizing that the largest percentage of their profits come from software sales, so their strategy going forward seems to be allowing users to purchase their games in any way they want. They have new Xboxes in development and all their first-party games are cross-buy with PC, and they're investing a ton in cloud gaming for other devices like phones and, apparently, Switches.

The idea, in theory, is to give people who want an Xbox an Xbox, but let someone who can't afford or doesn't want one the option to pay Microsoft anyway by purchasing it digitally for the device they prefer. If it works, it's a very smart move that could "end" the console wars.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Not quite. It's more of them realizing that the largest percentage of their profits come from software sales, so their strategy going forward seems to be allowing users to purchase their games in any way they want. They have new Xboxes in development and all their first-party games are cross-buy with PC, and they're investing a ton in cloud gaming for other devices like phones and, apparently, Switches.

The idea, in theory, is to give people who want an Xbox an Xbox, but let someone who can't afford or doesn't want one the option to pay Microsoft anyway by purchasing it digitally for the device they prefer. If it works, it's a very smart move that could "end" the console wars.
So what you're saying is...

MASTER CHIEF IS COMIN TO SMASH BABBBYYYYY

>Kirby being only planet level

Who dares

also that article was made by a guy who believes in it

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Ya'll are missing the bigger boon to XBox live on Switch.

We can play Skyrim AGAIN
Skyrim mods, but now portability of the Switch? And motion-control aiming?

I get that this is tongue-in-cheek, but I'm failing to see the downsides here...

Noipoi

Howdy!
All we talk about is Steve or Banjo, I feel like we sleep on Master Chief.

I think Master Chief is the best option out of the three. too.

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432

I’m gonna laugh so damn hard if it ends up being Rash or Zitz from BattleToads.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Would people be disappointed by Banjo in Smash if it also leads to a revamp of the series?

Or is that just not enough?

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
At this rate I'd honestly give Master Chief more odds of getting in then Banjo tbh given he's at least from an active franchise as Steve is. Still would expect Steve the most out of the three.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Just watch and wait

We're getting the Zookeeper from Zoo Tycoon, and y'all are gonna love him

KMDP

Smash Legend
We won't be satisfied, til they port it to the Dreamcast VMU
Microsoft Spokesperson: Today we are unveiling a new brain implant that will give you psychic powers.
Todd Howard: Great, now people can play Skyrim just by thinking about it!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Why do we think that there couldn’t be two MS characters? Like, they could do Steve AND Banjo. Or Master Chief AND Banjo. There’s no rule that says we’re only getting one character from any given company.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I thought they broke into the quantum realm or something. **** was bonkers but man was it cool.

Fair point, but it happened unintentionally. Hell, they were surprised it even happened to begin with.

In terms of Nintendo characters? He's arguably at the top, but Atlus has a few answers to him. Namely this glorious motherflyfer right here:
View attachment 190227
Don't forget about this man right here:

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Would people be disappointed by Banjo in Smash if it also leads to a revamp of the series?

If they don't care about the series already, I doubt that would change their mind.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
lol hes not in smash tho thems the rules

i dont think he's gonna be in smash
Hardy harr-harr. My point still stands, Monado BOI.

Hello my lovelies~

How has your day been going?
[Muffled "I hate Mondays" in the distance]

I consider it a lot like the events of the Battle of Gods portion of Super, where the shockwaves caused by Goku and Beerus' fists clashing were causing planets in other galaxies to break apart (this would take a lot of power, by the way) until Goku got a handle over the level of strength he was managing.

Actually, I want someone to do the calculations on this.
Honestly, Dragon Ball on the whole is super inconsistent, but then again, so are comic books. Plenty of characters in Western media can do **** like erase you with a thought and travel at a speed so absurd, they reset the entire multiverse doing so, and yet they can't do something as mundane as put the bad guy(s) down given their power set. The reverse is true for villains.

Don't forget about this man right here:
Hence why I made a plural statement before, so yes, Flynn also applies to the Atlus equation.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I’ve been clamoring for an HD remake of Banjo 1 and 2 ever sense the Crash Trilogy. I would love it if they brought him back and heralded it with an appearance in Smash.

At this rate I'd honestly give Master Chief more odds of getting in then Banjo tbh given he's at least from an active franchise as Steve is. Still would expect Steve the most out of the three.
You have no idea what MS is planning. They brought back Killer Instinct and they’re bringing back Battletoads. And with the stellar sales of the Crash and Spyro trilogies, and greedy corporations executive worth their salt would be hungrily staring at that bear with dollar signs in their eyes.

Even if a franchise hasn’t had a new installment in a while, doesn’t mean they are “dead”. Crash was “dead” but he’s not anymore. So the better word to use is dormant. Dead implies that they are unable to come back, when that’s usually not true. You just need to give the company the proper incentives.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom