• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

It's just a common thing for kids in their early teens to be contrarian and have disdain for what the people around them consider "popular". I have a sister your age that's like that. I was like that too, but honestly, I regret it. Kinda wish I would've had fun with everyone else at that age rather then pretend like I was so much better.
Valid point, but this generation just swears, and throws away their education. Teens do say it to be less mainstream, but I genuinely mean it.
:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
We discussin' how old we are? Well I get nostalgic over the dial up sound. That's the real ****. And I could list a load of old British kids shows but I'm not sure what the point would be.

Anyways, speaking of age, what are people's first games here? I started off playing Pokemon Yellow and Gold (much preferred Gold - I could never figure out how to get past Brock) as well as some weird PC games (anyone heard of/remember Zoombinis? It was some strange semi-educational game, but I loved it). I eventually got a GBA with the ports of Super Mario Bros 3 and a Link to the Past. From there I moved onto the Gamecube, which I got bundled with Mario Kart Double Dash and The Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition (the best ****ing bundle in existence - it's scientifically impossible to prove otherwise). I lose track of what I got next (Sunshine?) but I was properly into it by then.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
The question we should be asking, is "Can he take on the legendary Shaggy Rogers?".
Shaggy is no joke. He's gone toe-to-toe with Gohan Blanco and El Hermano de Jiren, has roflstomped Rolfe, Sheen, and the Zenos, and has shrugged off Flandre's "kyuu" shenanigans (then they became friends afterward because he's an unbreakable playmate).

If we're talking in general, Kirby's got a challenge. The Pantheon of badasses is a vast biome.

Noipoi

Howdy!
We discussin' how old we are? Well I get nostalgic over the dial up sound. That's the real ****. And I could list a load of old British kids shows but I'm not sure what the point would be.

Anyways, speaking of age, what are people's first games here? I started off playing Pokemon Yellow and Gold (much preferred Gold - I could never figure out how to get past Brock) as well as some weird PC games (anyone heard of/remember Zoombinis? It was some strange semi-educational game, but I loved it). I eventually got a GBA with the ports of Super Mario Bros 3 and a Link to the Past. From there I moved onto the Gamecube, which I got bundled with Mario Kart Double Dash and The Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition (the best ****ing bundle in existence - it's scientifically impossible to prove otherwise). I lose track of what I got next (Sunshine?) but I was properly into it by then.
My first game was probably some educational crap I don't remember. But the first game I really, really loved was Pokemon White. It made me the Pokemon fan I am today.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
These are great examples and for some reason it actually helps
In our ep.5 and ep.6 we had a side character who we decided to have voiced by nothing but Donkey Kong voice lines from DK64. That means every time he spoke we had to restrict him to "Heyyyy," "Yeeeeeah," "ME!" or "Okay!"

The way we did it was by never making him one half of a two-way conversation. There was always a third (or fourth, fifth, etc.) person so that an actual conversation could happen and then DK's soothing one-word punchline could be given with full context. Having just the one-line person talking with one other person makes it more like a, "What is it Lassie? A kid is stuck in a well?" conversation. And that's more forced.

Noipoi

Howdy!
In our ep.5 and ep.6 we had a side character who we decided to have voiced by nothing but Donkey Kong voice lines from DK64. That means every time he spoke we had to restrict him to "Heyyyy," "Yeeeeeah," "ME!" or "Okay!"

The way we did it was by never making him one half of a two-way conversation. There was always a third (or fourth, fifth, etc.) person so that an actual conversation could happen and then DK's soothing one-word punchline could be given with full context. Having just the one-line person talking with one other person makes it more like a, "What is it Lassie? A kid is stuck in a well?" conversation. And that's more forced.
That's great! I gotta remember that when I start really writing scripts.

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility

I think it was Pokemon Blue or Mario Kart 64.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Kirby has FTL and solar system level feats.

From this, we can conclude that Kirby = Super Perfect Cell
That would mean that the (important) cast of Dragon Ball would stomp Kirby.

Buu should have won his Death Battle against Kirby.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
My first game was probably some educational crap I don't remember. But the first game I really, really loved was Pokemon White. It made me the Pokemon fan I am today.
White's great. I loved how they made it stand on it's own two feet with an entirely original Pokedex instead of having to rely on old fan favourites.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master

Death Battle is an absolute joke when it comes to scaling.

But since kirby is estimated to be SS/ multi SS level, pretty sure most villains and saiyans post Cell can beat him

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Assuming Kirby is actually a baby who will one day grow into a mature being, it's a good thing he's got positive influences. He'll use that power for good.

D

Deleted member

“Research? What’s that? Is it something I can smoke?”-Wiz and/or Boomstick, probably.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994

I'm pretty sure my first game was The Grinch licensed game for the PlayStation.
41ycqJY0LSL.jpg
Though I have faint memories of playing Melee with my cousins, and I remember not knowing who any of the characters were. Around that time I also played some Halo with those cousins, but my parents found out and were quite upset. :laugh:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Anyone wanna give me 100 dollars so I can buy the Kingdom Hearts Collection?

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Oh, ClaTheBae, don't you know that feats are the only thing that matters and statements are worthless?
They barely even use feats, and they kind of handpick statements a lot of the time. Not saying they have a bias, but they just don't properly research

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord

It’s too long ago to remember what my actual first game was, but I did inherit a bunch of games from my older brother, so I had a Genesis, Dreamcast, Game Gear, N64, and Game Boy Color (plus a PC) for as long as I can remember.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Death Battle is an absolute joke when it comes to scaling.

But since kirby is estimated to be SS/ multi SS level, pretty sure most villains and saiyans post Cell can beat him
Come to think of it, even if you highball Kirby (no pun intended), Goku and Vegeta on their own right...
have potential to shatter through spacetime with enough discipline, as that moment with Broly can attest to. Assuming Kirby were to challenge one of them and absorb them into his pocket dimension, they can probably bust out through sheer force.

D

Deleted member

Valid point, but this generation just swears, and throws away their education. Teens do say it to be less mainstream, but I genuinely mean it.
:)
Hey buddy, can I give you some advice?

You are part of that generation.
Super Perfect Cell can still die. Robobot's pause screen says Kirby outright has INFINITE power, implying any deaths Kirby gets are just him getting frustrated to the point he wants a nap
Marx literally became God.

And Kirby ****ed him up.

We're lucky he's got our back.
thanos.png

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

It's just a common thing for kids in their early teens to be contrarian and have disdain for what the people around them consider "popular". I have a sister your age that's like that. I was like that too, but honestly, I regret it. Kinda wish I would've had fun with everyone else at that age rather then pretend like I was so much better.
Get ready for cliche, but I’m kinda like that to. xD

However, can you expand on “having more fun like everyone else?” I don’t understand how yelling and making stupid jokes and making fun of kids is “fun.” xD

Also, for clarification, I’m not saying I’m better than anyone.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Wanna know how old I am? I remember waking up early to catch Felix the Cat on TV. Do any of you guys even know Felix the Cat? No, a Nostalgia Critic review doesn't count
Yup! He's the little cat from those old cartoons with the magic...bag thing.
250px-Felix_the_Cat_TV_series_title.jpg

KMDP

Smash Legend
They barely even use feats, and they kind of handpick statements a lot of the time. Not saying they have a bias, but they just don't properly research
Frankly, I can't believe people think Super Perfect Cell can't destroy a Solar System simply because he said he could and didn't actually.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Come to think of it, even if you highball Kirby (no pun intended), Goku and Vegeta on their own right...
have potential to shatter through spacetime with enough discipline, as that moment with Broly can attest to. Assuming Kirby were to challenge one of them and absorb them into his pocket dimension, they can probably bust out through sheer force.
Kirby being highballed is Multi Solar System, MAYBE small galaxy. Pretty sure old Broly destroyed a galaxy in his first movie, so I think anything past that level Kirby loses to. especially considering Goku and Vegeta are now multi-universal
Frankly, I can't believe people think Super Perfect Cell can't destroy a Solar System simply because he said he could and didn't actually.
people don't read the daizenshuu I guess lmao

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yup! He's the little cat from those old cartoons with the magic...bag thing.
View attachment 190224
Now did you get that from a google search or have you seen any episodes?
Honestly I have no ****ing clue what was going on there, I understand Gogeta being so strong and fast he pulls of Hit's **** but Broly was getting curbstomped. He was literally being beaten to the point he was ****ing terrified, how the **** does he move thst fast even then?

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Wanna know how old I am? I remember waking up early to catch Felix the Cat on TV. Do any of you guys even know Felix the Cat? No, a Nostalgia Critic review doesn't count
Yeah, I had the videos of that show as a young kid.
I also remember being ****ing terrified of an episode where Felix was inside a furnace.

And the episode where he travels to various points in time was also pretty frightening to me.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Now did you get that from a google search or have you seen any episodes?

Honestly I have no ****ing clue what was going on there, I understand Gogeta being so strong and fast he pulls of Hit's **** but Broly was getting curbstomped. He was literally being beaten to the point he was ****ing terrified, how the **** does he move thst fast even then?
I haven't seen any episodes, but I knew who he was prior to your post. I used to draw in that old school cartoony art style, so I did some research on it. That's how I know him.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I hope DLC isn't a bust.

Though I wouldn't mind a bust in the DLC pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom