• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Why does Detective Pikachu look better than Genie?
View attachment 191449
Honestly?

Detective Pikachu isn't a real thing so we have nothing to compare it to.

Meanwhile, Live Action Genie is meant to be a real person. We've all obviously seen real people so the small errors are more noticeable.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

No RW, No Genie in my opinion. Robin Williams was what made Genie so special. not to mention the CGI for Genie is kind of reaching into the Uncanny valley territory.

D

Deleted member

TBH all these live action adaptations are are safe, cheap cash-ins on pre-established IPs Disney knows will bring in money because no one in the movie industry has any original ideas anymore.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
I want to make the protagonist of my story have a favorite food that they are seen eating almost whenever they get the chance to. Suggestions?

D

Deleted member

TBH all these live action adaptations are are safe, cheap cash-ins on pre-established IPs Disney knows will bring in money because no one in the movie industry has any original ideas anymore.
Sadly.
And when they show new ideas, they are applied only to existing properties.

Case in point: the new Disney princess they have confirmed... for a Moana sequel.
Why they won’t make the debut in a standalone film for her? I don’t know.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Right here...

Ngl, this is one of those remakes, that I feel like could actually work...

Like, the original movie was almost perfect....

Only if it weren't for those pesky gargoyles
You know, I actually kinda hope they do get Josh Gad for Quasimodo, like the article speculates. I think he'd actually fit the part really well. He has just the right height and vocal range to pull it off.

They'd probably also take inspiration from their stage version of it, in which case...

They'd probably make it much closer to the book, including having Esmeralda die at the end like she does in the stage version.

NineS

Smash Lord
First, they make their old animated films into live action movies.

Then, they make their old anime/cartoon-ish video games into live action video games.

Super realistic and gritty Kingdom Hearts Reality coming soon.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You know, I actually kinda hope they do get Josh Gad for Quasimodo, like the article speculates. I think he'd actually fit the part really well. He has just the right height and vocal range to pull it off.

They'd probably also take inspiration from their stage version of it, in which case...

They'd probably make it much closer to the book, including having Esmeralda die at the end like she does in the stage version.
Yeah lol. The book was even darker than that.

I'm reminded of how much Disney changes in their movies. That's not a bad thing at all.

But I'm tired of people seeing the Disney version as the accurate one.

D

Deleted member

NGL I feel like theres a very small, miniscule chance that Brave will be revealed in the next direct. It's a 0.0001% chance, but still a chance.

Personally I feel like we might get some Joker gameplay and a vague release window for him. They probably want to spread these characters out more.

NineS

Smash Lord
So, what do you guys think might be the best horror/thriller movie of 2019?

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Because Sonic's next movie looks like it might take the spot of the scariest movie of all time.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Will Smith is a good actor, but like....

There are only two people who have done that role justice.

Robin Williams obviously.

And his Broadway counterpart, who I'm not sure why they didn't cast in this anyways and just get star power somewhere else in the movie.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I'm reminded of how much Disney changes in their movies. That's not a bad thing at all.

Oh I know, haha. Victor Hugo also wrote Les Miserables, so that shows how much the Disney version toned things down. :p

Even then the stage adaptation is still lighter and softer since Quasimodo at least survives at the end.

I'm absolutely banking on Quasimodo being deaf and Frollo being the archdeacon in the remake at the very least.

D

Deleted member

Because Sonic's next movie looks like it might take the spot of the scariest movie of all time.
I'm convinced they are purposely trying to make it bad now.

KMDP

Smash Legend

Imagine if Disney adapted Dracula.

Or Frankenstein.

Or The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

...I almost typo'd "Mr Hyde" as "Mr. Hype".

That'd be a very different story.

D

Deleted member

Mega OOF.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

We were just coping over how a blue CGI creature made for a reimagining of a 90's staple, was looking to be nightmare fuel...

Why you gotta bring up another one?!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom