• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So, what do you guys think might be the best horror/thriller movie of 2019?

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Because Sonic's next movie looks like it might take the spot of the scariest movie of all time.
What is with things announcements making me scared? Those legs look awful.

Animated movies make money. Why not make that animated?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
If I wanted to watch Aladdin in live action, I'd just watch the stageplay.

And, well, I have watched the stageplay, it was quite good, honestly. If it were still being shown, I'd definitely recommend it.

D

Deleted member

I feel like the Sonic movie marketing is about trolling the internet.

They may want us to believe that the design will be awful just so they take us by surprise showing something that actually looks at worst ok for a live-action adaptation.

D

Deleted member

Why not just make a 3D Animated Sonic film that looks like this? Everyone wins this way, and it'd probably make for a decent movie.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
You know what's sad...

According to Wikipedia, Disney has 68 upcoming movies that have no release dates.

Of those movies, only 9 are animated movies:

4 of them are from Pixar.
2 are live action/animation hybrids.

The other 59 are completely live-action.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You know what's sad...

According to Wikipedia, Disney has 68 upcoming movies that have no release dates.

Of those movies, only 9 are animated movies:

4 of them are from Pixar.
2 are live action/animation hybrids.

The other 59 are completely live-action.
Disney makes all sorts of good live action movies.

As long as they aren't remakes, I see no issues.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
Depends, what’s your protagonist like?
He's a young man (20 years) that just joined the royal guard as an apprentice. He'll be a reconstruction of a lot of stereotypical protagonist tropes. Despite being a good guy he'll want to grow stronger, even stealing some magic artifacts that the villains use to power themselves up for himself. Despite not being anything special, he works hard in order to make a name for himself. He also floats instead of running (like how Cloud moves in Smash).

I'd say he's a good guy that uses some villain methods but for good.

KMDP

Smash Legend

They may want us to believe that the design will be awful just so they take us by surprise showing something that actually looks at worst ok for a live-action adaptation.
Sounds like a terrible marketing strategy to me.

"Hey, let's make our fanbase not want to go see the movie for ****s and giggles!"

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Disney makes all sorts of good live action movies.

As long as they aren't remakes, I see no issues.
I'm completely fine with Disney making good, non-remake live action movies.

But it's kinda sad that the company that revolutionized the animation industry... barely has any animated movies coming up, when compared to the live action movies.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I'm still watching that Sonic movie, though. Riskiest decision I'll ever make.
Is it really even a risk more than a guarantee when it's 100% certain you'll walk away from that movie dead on the inside?

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I only hate live action and Disney when it’s a cash grab movie. Beauty and the Beast was an almost shot for shot remake with added scenes that didn’t help the movie.

Lion King looks like this but it’ll still make a billion dollars.

Dumbo looks good for being different and an update to a movie released in the 40s.

NineS

Smash Lord
Is it really even a risk more than a guarantee when it's 100% certain you'll walk away from that movie dead on the inside?
No risk at all then, for those of us that are already dead inside!

Edgy, isn't it? Something, Something, Maria... I hate sand, it gets everywhere... It's not a phase, mom! Ugh!

Last edited:

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294

The Sonic movie doesn't actually exist. It's all just an elaborate meme created by Sega.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Hey, someone has to document the experience. If it happens to be better than it looks, it will be the epitome of why we shouldn't judge a book by its cover to me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

He's a young man (20 years) that just joined the royal guard as an apprentice. He'll be a reconstruction of a lot of stereotypical protagonist tropes. Despite being a good guy he'll want to grow stronger, even stealing some magic artifacts that the villains use to power themselves up for himself. Despite not being anything special, he works hard in order to make a name for himself. He also floats instead of running (like how Cloud moves in Smash).

Does it have to be food? If it's food then I think some kind of corndog/kabob type food-on-a-stick type thing fits that self image, idk why

If it can be a drink though, this mans is 100% a bubble tea person

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Why not just make a 3D Animated Sonic film that looks like this? Everyone wins this way, and it'd probably make for a decent movie.
That's why I'm applauding Nintendo on making sure that the upcoming Mario film is going to be animated...

Even if it is coming from a studio with a kinda iffy track record, like Illumination

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That's why I'm applauding Nintendo on making sure the upcoming Mario film was animated...

Even if it is coming from a studio with a kinda iffy track record, like Illumination
I'm kinda worried about that one, but TBH it will probably be at least decent. Nintendo has an image to maintain, and they're gonna be monitoring Illumination very closely, I imagine.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So, what do you guys think might be the best horror/thriller movie of 2019?

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Because Sonic's next movie looks like it might take the spot of the scariest movie of all time.
inb4 it somehow becomes a great movie that doesn’t traumatize people

Iridium

Smash Hero
I feel like Metroid should have gotten a film first. Or Zelda, but eh.

At least those franchises can go well with more realistic looks. Everything looks better in my head when I think of it.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

And you’re looking for a favorite food for this guy?

I love Illumination and their character designs...
Ah yes, not Edna Mode was my favorite character from Despicable M- Secret Life of Pe- Sin- god you would not be able to tell this was from a Dr. Seuss adaptation with how generic all their stuff looks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom