• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Totally legit storyboard leaks for the Sonic movie:

Someone was on drugs when they wrote this, I'm sure of it. The Echidna's (who I'm assuming is "Athair"?) expression sums up how I think they felt.

Meanwhile in Sonic the Comic...

...Tails gets to be a Knight! ...Sort of.

Last edited:

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
Furthermore! I'm in the current preparation of sending a letter to the Japanese Nintendo office!

Mainly to tell them what we all want in the game (Character's who aren't more swordsmen, New Stages, Alternate Costumes For The Main Cast, Old Modes, ect...)!

So wish me luck on getting that request letter to The Nintendo Japanese offices and them using my idea's for real this time instead of raising so many middle fingers at me!

D

Deleted member

You know everyone talking about Shulk's nair but his fair is just insane for edgeguarding

You just kinda bop 'em once with his crazy range and they die I love it

D

Deleted member

Here's a list of things I want out of the Mario Movie

1. Great Animation (Illumination is clearly capable of this)
2. Semi-Silent Mario, Just like the games
3. Not too much immature humor
4. Nintendo heavily involved

D

Deleted member

Here's a list of things I want out of the Mario Movie

1. Great Animation (Illumination is clearly capable of this)
2. Semi-Silent Mario, Just like the games
3. Not too much immature humor
4. Nintendo heavily involved
Mario just makes fart jokes the whole movie and they reference Bowsette
Worst timeline
Furthermore! I'm in the current preparation of sending a letter to the Japanese Nintendo office!

Mainly to tell them what we all want in the game (Character's who aren't more swordsmen, New Stages, Alternate Costumes For The Main Cast, Old Modes, ect...)!

So wish me luck on getting that request letter to The Nintendo Japanese offices and them using my idea's for real this time instead of raising so many middle fingers at me!
I wish you the exact opposite of luck

Iridium

Smash Hero
You know everyone talking about Shulk's nair but his fair is just insane for edgeguarding

You just kinda bop 'em once with his crazy range and they die I love it
I also love how Air Slash is even more potent OoS option. It just kills so easily, especially with Smash Art. And Back Slash being able to snap onto ledges after a while is pretty good.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'm still waiting until the first trailer drops before giving any judgement on the Mario Movie. I know Illumination has gotten a bad reputation over their overuse of Minions, but they can make good movies as the original Despicable Me proves, and they already said they're working closely with Nintendo, so there is an effort to adapt the character right. So unless more news comes out and shows otherwise, I don't think it should be written off just yet as what we've heard so far does not give an impression of a studio just looking to bank on that easy Mario money.

RandomAce

Smash Champion

Why not just make a 3D Animated Sonic film that looks like this? Everyone wins this way, and it'd probably make for a decent movie.
Unleashed’s intro is one of the best intros in any game I’ve seen.

The animation quality was so on point it looked like something straight from a movie, and this was in 2008.

Now it’s 2019, and we’re getting a CGI live action one instead. I feel like movies with Cartoon aesthetics should’ve sticked with the 3D animation, as developers shown many times how good it can be. It’s something I feel Disney SHOULD’VE done with their movie remakes, since I know with the time and effort, 3D animation can do a better a job than Live Action could with their type of films.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

In the movie, there should be a Mario Kart-inspired chase scene between Mario/Luigi and Wario/Waluigi (Who were hired by Bowser)

Iridium

Smash Hero
The Mario movie needs some Hotel Mario references. That is mandatory.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Might be a bad time, but I have "finished" Celeste. Yes, I know about the Mountain's Core and all the B-Sides, but I wanna take a break and now move on to Mega Man X.
I gotta say... I didn't know WHAT I was getting into, all I knew was that it was nominated for GOTY last year.

...It deserved the nomination. And Dunkey was right, too.

I don't know how to respond to such a game like this. I felt challenged, a LOT. But, man. The end goal was so satisfying, with every level. The Summit felt worth it. It feels weird. Cause there was a lot of relatable moments, too. Just...

If you have a Switch, buy it. Please. It's $20. And while I have played 7 hours and 30 minutes, not a single second felt wasted.
****ing amazing and left me astonished still.

...holy ****.png

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So, a bunch of people dressed like Piranha Plants are going to overtake the movies?
no...it’ll be a bunch of Piranha Plants dresses up as Piranha Plants in order to own the movie

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
The biggest concern for me is that the movie is just gonna be... average.

Illumination has a track record of making painfully average movies.

They're not good, they're not bad. They're all just... average.

I just hope that Nintendo's influence will help this movie be more than just average.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom