• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Ok the Golden Mario Spirit is just OP

It literally just gives you Super Armor, withough slowing you down at all

Like it does take up 3 slots but thats literslly the only drawback it has

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The biggest concern for me is that the movie is just gonna be... average.

Illumination has a track record of making painfully average movies.

They're not good, they're not bad. They're all just... average.

I just hope that Nintendo's influence will help this movie be more than just average.
We need...Pimp Daddy Bowser and the Piranha Plant Gang to save us

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
the new Mario movie will feature a party hosted by Bowser, referred to as "Bowser's Dank Rave."

more of his dank raves are featured in bonus scenes, and one is during the credits.

there will be another movie titled after the dank rave, with Toad as the protagonist and Bowser as the antagonist although not really villainous.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I gotta say, after seeing games referencing Smash in some shape or form, I would be a liar when I say that I didn't experience PTSD when I saw Theo mention trying to get "The Ultimate Selfie" at the end of Celeste.

Look what y'all did. Now I want Madeline in Smash. God ****ing dammit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Well I start the first day of my last semester of college tomorrow. Wish me luck guys because its going to be hell; I'm taking 17 out of the 18 max credits hours which is the most I've ever done in a semester.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
man its super hard finding a secondary to compliment my :ultlittlemac:

like i consider myself a competent mac player but that dont mean im winning big bucks tournaments. no idea who i could make my sidechick to pull out when these dudes slick trying to act cool playing pichu.

so far :ultganondorf: is the only one who has the same fun effect while playing but i also suck as ganondorf so

KMDP

Smash Legend
the new Mario movie will feature a party hosted by Bowser, referred to as "Bowser's Dank Rave."

more of his dank raves are featured in bonus scenes, and one is during the credits.

there will be another movie titled after the dank rave, with Toad as the protagonist and Bowser as the antagonist although not really villainous.
A party hosted by Bowser, huh?

The Mario movie will be an adaptition of this:

D

Deleted member

like i consider myself a competent mac player but that dont mean im winning big bucks tournaments. no idea who i could make my sidechick to pull out when these dudes slick trying to act cool playing pichu.

so far :ultganondorf: is the only one who has the same fun effect while playing but i also suck as ganondorf so
Probably someone with a good air game who can edgeguard and has a not terrible recovery and a decent ground game too

So someone like Lucina probably

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Probably someone with a good air game who can edgeguard and has a not terrible recovery and a decent ground game too

So someone like Lucina probably
i said something fun not tryhard

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Judging from your character choices, it seems you like doing BIG damage in BIG hits.

For your high tier options, I would say that :ultike: and :ultdk: are your best bets

D

Deleted member

Oh, I have an idea, but I don't think he'd go with it... :yoshi:
TBH I find it really hard to recover with Yoshi but that's just because I'm too used to traditional recoveries

I don't like getting hit out of my double jump and then just dying

He's fun to pull out for funsies though

D

Deleted member

i said something fun not tryhard
That's, uh, fair I guess. Usually you want to have a secondary to cover bad matchups though, right? And you would think Lucina would do that for Mac...
then again like all of macs matchups are bad matchups so if you're already sticking with mac then just go for it i guess go all in

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
TBH I find it really hard to recover with Yoshi but that's just because I'm too used to traditional recoveries

I don't like getting hit out of my double jump and then just dying

He's fun to pull out for funsies though
Recall that Yoshi's Up B stacks momentum in this game so it goes very far after a double jump. And if that doesn't work, directional air dodge.

A lot of the smarter Yoshi players save their DJ and only use it for attacks they know the armor will hold up against. (Yes, remember that DJ has armor)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Judging from your character choices, it seems you like doing BIG damage in BIG hits.

For your high tier options, I would say that :ultike: and :ultdk: are your best bets
oh **** i forgot ike existed

but i also dont like being seen as a tier believer (belie-tier?) for using him

also i like dk but how tf do i play him

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I am playing Smash online with some co-workers. And I am having the time of my life. I haven't had the chance to play Smash with people I know IRL yet so this is pretty amazing.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

It seems like you would like someone that has decent ground mobility and deals a lot of damage/knockback.

But you probably also want someone that's heavier, has some kind of air game, and has a decent recovery.
So I'd personally suggest :ultbowser: and :ultridley:.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Bowser Party with 4 other friends was the bomb, I will not accept this slander
Oh yeah it was completely fun taking part in an unbalanced one-sided mode that if you weren’t Bowser, you had no chance of winning aside from the underwater board where it’s pretty much the exact opposite.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It seems like you would like someone that has decent ground mobility and deals a lot of damage/knockback.

But you probably also want someone that's heavier, has some kind of air game, and has a decent recovery.
So I'd personally suggest :ultbowser: and :ultridley:.
well if people remember my early early smash 4 days theyd know i used to main bowser

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Robin Williams was the true Genie. No contest.
Hey. Disney can do whatever they want with their Intellectual Properties.

In my opinion, no movie should be exempt from a remake. Especially sense no movie is actually perfect. Case in point, the people like me who can;t stand most if not all of the Disney movies. They sure aren't perfect to me.

Plus, if they ruin themselves doing this, then maybe other studios will actually be able to compete.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
oh **** i forgot ike existed

but i also dont like being seen as a tier believer (belie-tier?) for using him

also i like dk but how tf do i play him
Well, high tier is pretty synonymous with actually good. Otherwise, you're gonna have to keep compromising until you're stuck playing GDorf again.

Also DK's easy. Combo throws, tilts, bair nair and uair, and the occasional random upB (that has superarmor and kills by the way) and you're good to go.

D

Deleted member

Honestly I feel like Lucina is like, the perfect one-size-fits-all secondary

She's just, like, good. She has good strengths and no glaring flaws like recovery for Chrom or speed for Wolf. I've been trying to relearn her since Sm4sh since it's been a while since I've played her, but just from looking at like tournament results and such? I feel like everyone can benefit from a pocket Lucina. She's just a good all-rounder honestly.

Last edited by a moderator:

NineS

Smash Lord
Honestly I feel like Lucina is like, the perfect one-size-fits-all secondary

She's just, like, good. She has good strengths and no glaring flaws like recovery for Chrom or speed for Wolf. I've been trying to relearn her since Sm4sh since it's been a while since I've played her, but just from looking at like tournament results and such? I feel like everyone can benefit from a pocket Lucina.
Long-story short, Lucina is the best girl really.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
thats one way to speak ill of the dead
What. Robin Williams? I never understood the hype around that guy. I mean, sure he's talented. But he's not an infallable god. His performances just don't affect me the way they do other people.

Plus, parts get's recast all the time. It's just how the business works.

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
Mario just makes fart jokes the whole movie and they reference Bowsette
Worst timeline

I wish you the exact opposite of luck
So you don't want any alternate outfits for the main cast??

You don't want any old modes to be placed in Ultimate??

You don't want New Donkey Kong, Zelda, Kirby, Metroid, Star Fox Stages, ect.. to fight on??

And you don't want any awesome Newcomers like Geno, Banjo And Kazooie, Klonoa Or A Tekken Fighter, Dixie Kong, New Kirby Character's, New Mother Character's, New Zelda Newcomers, New Kid Icarus Character's, Mach Rider, Mike Jones From Startropics, Rayman, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, A Rhythm Heaven Character in the game??

That's kinda sad that you don't want anything interesting or things that are truly worthy of DLC!!

NineS

Smash Lord

You don't want New Donkey Kong, Zelda, Kirby, Metroid, Star Fox Stages, ect.. to fight on??

And you don't want any awesome Newcomers like Geno, Banjo And Kazooie, Klonoa Or A Tekken Fighter, Dixie Kong, New Kirby Character's, New Mother Character's, New Zelda Newcomers, New Kid Icarus Character's, Mach Rider, Mike Jones From Startropics, Rayman, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, A Rhythm Heaven Character in the game??

That's kinda sad that you don't want anything interesting or things that are truly worthy of DLC!!
There's this thing called "Opinions"

Why am I feeding the troll?

D

Deleted member

No
But I want more generic anime swordfighters

I loooove generic anime swordfighters

And Goku I really want Goku. Hopefully he's one of the DLC pass characters. Wouldn't you think he would be cool?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

What is wrong with you. You have no reason to beleive that they aren't going to do any of that. The two DLC fighters that have been officially revealed don't even use swords.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom