• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

HOT TAKE: If Mario and Sonic were to engage in battle, Mario would certainly struggle, but he would ultimately win.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Smash 6...
smash 1 - n64
smash 2 - melee
smash 3 - wii
smash 4 - 3ds
smash 5- wii u
smash 6 - switch

this is the actual list sakurai himself gave (this isnt a ****post im not joking), so ergo captain toad didnt make it still

Noipoi

Howdy!
Failed the Classic Mode again.

Then I played online, and got reminded why I don't play online.
It's because I suck at this game. I also suck at living, really.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
HOT TAKE: If Mario and Sonic were to engage in battle, Mario would certainly struggle, but he would ultimately win.
HOTTER TAKE: Nuh-uh Sonic would win :b:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I shouldn't be so melodramatic. I just feel...down sometimes, y'know?
You're an artist. Being down is what you do.

You signed up for this.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I just made some homemade fudge. Layered Chocolate-Strawberry. I don;t know why more people don't do it. It's super easy. Can you melt chocolate in a pot? You can make fudge.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
No, I'd consider there to be a difference.
A fine line between thriving, living, and surviving.
All in order of best to worst case.
these aren't about the living style of the person, but their own issues that are independent from their success

I shouldn't be so melodramatic. I just feel...down sometimes, y'know?
everyone does

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Honestly have to say, Sonic would win. If we gave them all their canon-abilities, no power-ups involved on either end
dude what the ****

mario lives on power-ups, this isn't remotely fair

this is like putting krillin against goku, but goku can go all forms of super saiyan

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Damn, you're right.

see you guys later, i'm off to the depression caves.
That's the spirit. Make some cave paintings about sadness and stuff.

NineS

Smash Lord
dude what the ****

this is like putting krillin against goku, but goku can go all forms of super saiyan
Base form on both only.
That's pretty much the issue with Mario. Over-reliance on power-ups. Sonic in his base form is fine without it, and can still fight.
Mario, counting the RPGS, without powerups will have a significantly difficult time.

If we included power-ups however, things would get complicated, as there'd be nothing to stop them both from getting invincibility and seeing who runs out first.
Even if Mario had power-ups, however, it'd be a case of whether or not he can land a hit on Sonic before Sonic lands a hit on him.

In many battles, speed can be far more important than brute strength alone.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Base form on both only.
then why did you suggest an unfair matchup

i call heresy

Anyway without power-ups Sonic could blitz, or Mario could tank and get one lucky hit. Depending on how you think that type of matchup goes down, the winner is different. Personally I'm a wall > blitz type of guy

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
dude what the ****

And Krillin would lose to Goku at his base form anyway.

Their powerups cancel each other out since they're basically identical. Then Sonic has an astronomical speed advantage without showing any physical traits that seem like they would create a disadvantage in any other area. (Except swimming.)

And what's Mario's answer to Super Sonic? Metal Mario? Mighty Mushroom? The cape?

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Base form on both only.
That's pretty much the issue with Mario. Over-reliance on power-ups. Sonic in his base form is fine without it, and can still fight.
Mario, counting the RPGS, without powerups will have a significantly difficult time.

If we included power-ups however, things would get complicated, as there'd be nothing to stop them both from getting invincibility and seeing who runs out first.
Even if Mario had power-ups, however, it'd be a case of whether or not he can land a hit on Sonic before Sonic lands a hit on him.

In many battles, speed can be far more important than brute strength alone.
In base form with no power-ups, Mario has fire and Sonic has speed. I'm inclined to think that Sonic takes it because of that. Death Battle thinks otherwise and I can't really argue with that though. Well, moreso of the mathematical stats they gave him. I don't think they should have given him access to EVERY powerup. Just the most common ones, sure he can carry multiple powerups, but he dosn't always have ALL of them on hand. Sonic dosn't either, but whatever. Plus, Mari odoes not "Maneuver as lightning" he travels in a straight line along a conductive surface. He should not have been given that kind of reaction time.

And Krillin would lose to Goku at his base form anyway.

Their powerups cancel each other out since they're basically identical. Then Sonic has an astronomical speed advantage without showing any physical traits that seem like they would create a disadvantage in any other area. (Except swimming.)

And what's Mario's answer to Super Sonic? Metal Mario? Mighty Mushroom? The cape?
How about, Starman?

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
In a Sonic Advance 2 ending, Super Sonic actually did get forced out of him like an anime gut punch to a blonde Goku that turned his hair black.

You could also put the NLF "knuckles totally punched super sonic out of the form bro believe me trust me bro hes so strong" bit from the start of Sonic 3.

So it is theoretically possible to literally force the Super of out Super Sonic, it just isn't known how much you need. I don't know if Shadow had the same **** happen to him on his plummet back to Earth, but I guess you could use the force of atmospheric reentry as a base.

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
In base form with no power-ups, Mario has fire and Sonic has speed. I'm inclined to think that Sonic takes it because of that. Death Battle thinks otherwise and I can't really argue with that though. Well, moreso of the mathematical stats they gave him. I don't think they should have given him access to EVERY powerup. Just the most common ones, sure he can carry multiple powerups, but he dosn't always have ALL of them on hand. Sonic dosn't either, but whatever. Plus, Mari odoes not "Maneuver as lightning" he travels in a straight line along a conductive surface. He should not have been given tat kind of reaction time.
Base form with no Power-ups, Mario doesn't have anything. In Smash, he has it, sure. But I speak canonically.
Mario with fire would require a Fire power-up.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Base form with no Power-ups, Mario doesn't have anything. In Smash, he has it, sure. But I speak canonically.
Mario with fire would require a Fire power-up.
didnt you just say mario has the rpgs

do your research bro, superstar saga fire hand

hell, even the SNES RPG has it as a special move

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom