• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Posted this before but got no response. Posting again because I really want an answer.

If Marvel vs. Capcom DID do an "Everyone is Here" style game, would you include all the pallet swap characters. They play differently. Do you include US Agent and Orange Hulk? Shadow Lady and Cyber Akuma? BOTH Wolverines and Jills? Who counts and who doesn't.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Also keep in mind that Mario had the strength to toss an entire fortress into the sunset in Super Mario World.

Mario's strong as hell.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i'm not the biggest mario rpg fan if that's not obvious.
but taking that into account, mario likely would have a somewhat easier time assuming he manages to land the hit.
dude

you don't know the mario games?

Then why you suggesting a matchup if you didn't do your research? That's rule #1 of VS Debating.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Also keep in mind that Mario had the strength to toss an entire fortress into the sunset in Super Mario World.

Mario's strong as hell.
Strength doesn't matter is you can't keep up. Sonic would just keep running until the chubby plumber tires himself out and go in for the kill.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Failed the Classic Mode again.

Then I played online, and got reminded why I don't play online.
It's because I suck at this game. I also suck at living, really.
Hey... do I sense some negativity in you Noipoi?
Time for some image therapy!
41439762_p0_master1200.jpg

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Strength doesn't matter is you can't keep up.
Speed doesn't matter if you can't hit 'em hard enough.

Assuming Sonic is FTL, he cannot use KE to his advantage. What a loser, too fast to use schkience to his own advantage. :dazwa:

D

Deleted member

Failed the Classic Mode again.

Then I played online, and got reminded why I don't play online.
It's because I suck at this game. I also suck at living, really.
You know how you can get 9.9?

Get a lot of classic mode tickets and use him-
7B09A608-90A2-4CCD-A23F-A6B9467E5C01.jpeg

It’s kinda challenging to get 9.9 before the boss but I’m sure you can do it

osby

Smash Obsessed
Posted this before but got no response. Posting again because I really want an answer.

If Marvel vs. Capcom DID do an "Everyone is Here" style game, would you include all the pallet swap characters. They play differently. Do you include US Agent and Orange Hulk? Shadow Lady and Cyber Akuma? BOTH Wolverines and Jills? Who counts and who doesn't.
I would, I guess. Ultimate has :ultzss:

Strength doesn't matter is you can't keep up. Sonic would just keep running until the chubby plumber tires himself out and go in for the kill.
Why would Sonic kill Mario?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Speed doesn't matter if you can't hit 'em hard enough.

Assuming Sonic is FTL, he cannot use KE to his advantage. What a loser, too fast to use schkience to his own advantage. :dazwa:
Wait what? I don't think that's how science works. If Sonic runs at Mario at light speed he'd slice right through him like a cheese wire.

I would, I guess. Ultimate has :ultzss:

Why would Sonic kill Mario?
How else do you end the fight for good?

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
dude

you don't know the mario games?

Then why you suggesting a matchup if you didn't do your research? That's rule #1 of VS Debating.
This isn't a debate, however.
And I didn't suggest it, someone else did.
That aside, I do know mario games, but not so much the RPG ones. Taking them into account, however, I'm aware enough that even then Mario would have a difficult time against someone such as Sonic.

Mario's strong as hell.
Mario definitely can deal hits, but he isn't the best at tanking them.
Against someone as fast as Sonic, he'd hypothetically need extreme patience and accuracy while doing his best to avoid getting hit himself. Seeing as Sonic himself also seems to be able to do a considerable amount of damage in his base form thanks to something as simple as a spindash, it'd be a dangerous game for Mario.

Also, I say "however" way too often.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
This isn't a debate, however.
And I didn't suggest it, someone else did.
That aside, I do know mario games, but not so much the RPG ones. Taking them into account, however, I'm aware enough that even then Mario would have a difficult time against someone such as Sonic.

Mario definitely can deal hits, but he isn't the best at tanking them.
Against someone as fast as Sonic, he'd hypothetically need extreme patience and accuracy while doing his best to avoid getting hit himself. Seeing as Sonic himself also seems to be able to do a considerable amount of damage in his base form thanks to something as simple as a spindash, it'd be a dangerous game for Mario.
Right! Sonic's spindash and homing attacks destroy robots. Mario's base jump destroys a Mushroom and can't even bust through a turtle shell.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Wait what? I don't think that's how science works. If Sonic runs at Mario at light speed he'd slice right through him like a cheese wire.
If he went at Relativistic speeds, you could argue Mario could go splat, but you could also argue Mario is more durable than that.

also sonic is a solid object, he isnt actual light

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Its kinda implied sonic is the ultimate lifeform in his games
His existence was even prophesized by the echidna clan on angel island twice, once in Hidden Palace zone for a battle against eggman and another in lost world zone for his battle against chaos.

Sonic is kind of a god in a sense

also

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Right! Sonic's spindash and homing attacks destroy robots. Mario's base jump destroys a Mushroom and can't even bust through a turtle shell.
In Mario 64, the force actually ejects the Koopa from the shell.

also why are you using game mechanics to boost your argument, that's dumb

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Time for the trump card.

Mario Party 6. Black Hole Boogie minigame.

In it, Mario and the other characters are able to escape from being sucked into a black hole. As such, this shows that Mario is capable of faster than light travel. As well, this was in the vacuum of space, so there was no traction, and there was the added bonus of the black hole sucking Mario in, adding resistance.

Mario was able to space-swim faster than lightspeed, thus making him a god.
:p

NineS

Smash Lord
Either they finish they friendly spar or realize they are fighting with the wrong guy. Like every crossover except Death Battles does.
Death battle always struck me as really cheesy because of that, to be honest.
They're asking how a character could win, but not how a character would win. Which is why I'd say, if they ever fought, they probably wouldn't kill each other. At most until one is too hurt or tired to continue, or they end it on a tie as you said, a friendly spar.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Death battle always struck me as really cheesy because of that, to be honest.
They're asking how a character could win, but not how a character could win. Which is why I'd say, if they ever fought, they probably wouldn't kill each other. At most until one is too hurt or tired to continue, or they end it on a tie as you said, a friendly spar.
Yeah, I never got the point of "they are their canon selfs but as violent murderers".

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Time for the trump card.

In it, Mario and the other characters are able to escape from being sucked into a black hole. As such, this shows that Mario is capable of faster than light travel. As well, this was in the vacuum of space, so there was no traction, and there was the added bonus of the black hole sucking Mario in, adding resistance.

Can I just say that this sort of bull**** is why I often hate Death Battle results.

Like when they used the noncanonical "Test Your Might" minigame to prove that Sonya Blade can chop solid titanium in half with her bare hand.

****in' bull****.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Guys C'mon. The only way we can figure out who would win between :ultmario: and :ultsonic:...

Is a competition of athletic capabilities.

You know what that means...

We have to settle it...

mario-sonic-olympics-5-1081356.jpeg

At the Olympics

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Time for the trump card.

HOLD IT!

This is actually false. I've done this feat myself to determine whether or not this was an actual black hole. Let's look at the footage.

Right here, you see Mario get sucked into the black hole. And seconds later, you see him floating around in space. By the nature of black holes, Mario shouldn't have been ejected like it was a sci-fi wormhole. Ergo, this cannot be a real black hole.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Can I just say that this sort of bull**** is why I often hate Death Battle results.

Like when they used the noncanonical "Test Your Might" minigame to prove that Sonya Blade can chop solid titanium in half with her bare hand.

****in' bull****.
How dare you question the canonicity of Mario Party 6.

For shame, staindgrey. For shame.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Base form on both only.
That's pretty much the issue with Mario. Over-reliance on power-ups. Sonic in his base form is fine without it, and can still fight.
Mario, counting the RPGS, without powerups will have a significantly difficult time.
When you say "Counting the RPGs" does that include special attacks?

Because even if you remove attacks from M&L that can't be done without Luigi or any other outside help, that still leaves you with some pretty powerful attacks: Copy Flower and Clock Out (Emerald Star) stand out especially here.

We've also got SPM's flip mechanic to keep in mind. I know that Modern Sonic games have a lot of 2D to 3D segments, but that's just gameplay. Mario literally has the power to transfer between the 2nd and 3rd dimensions at will, and that could help him out a lot in a battle against Sonic. Restricting the fight to a 2D plane could benefit Mario greatly.

And even if we discount special attacks and flipping, and make this restricted ONLY to Mario's basic abilities, by including the RPGs, that means you're including TTYD's Super Guarding, which is a basic ability that Mario can perform from the start of the game. Superguarding causes Mario to obtain no damage, which the enemy take slight damage. So couldn't Mario just counter Sonic to death?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

****in' bull****.
how the **** is mario party non-canon?

mario doesnt even have a true canon, it has lore for baby-era mario but nothing else.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
HOT TAKE: If Mario and Sonic were to engage in battle, Mario would certainly struggle, but he would ultimately win.
HOTTER TAKE: Nuh-uh Sonic would win :b:
Guys...stuff like this is why we have Smash...and Death Battle...and the Olympics

Mario's strong as hell.
When you spend 30+ years not getting any from your lover, you’re gonna be strong as ****
Both would lose to Kirby so eh.
And Kirby would lose the the Plant Boi (who always like to save his powers for something important)

NineS

Smash Lord
Guys C'mon. The only way we can figure out who would win between :ultmario: and :ultsonic:...

Is a competition of athletic capabilities.

You know what that means...

We have to settle it...

View attachment 191308

At the Olympics
You know, It always bothered me that they nerfed Sonic's speed like crazy in the olympics. Especially in the sprints.

It's a nitpicky thing, sure, but it really bothered me. This is probably the only game where Big the Cat could hypothetically be the fastest thing alive.

But he's already the God of the Sonic universe, so who cares?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, I never got the point of "they are their canon selfs but as violent murderers".
I mean. It's Death Battle. The fight has to end with a Death. It's the only real way to know a definitive winner. If the other person just gives up, that's not really an answer.

****in' bull****.
That Sonya thing was crap. To be fair they also used the car for Cammy, equally bull. Sonya vs. Cammy always felt like a rushed one to me. Like it was just a quick stop gap between other "more important" fights.

Plus, they use multiple different writers with who interperet the rules in different ways some times. They've craked down on it recently, but you used to be able to really tell which one was written by Sam and which one was written by Nick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom