• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace
Uhh, can someone explain the evil roots of the -n word-? (No offense intended) with a link or something??
Sincerely i didn't know this was some kind of insult (because i don't speak english at all) until i made a mistake around here....

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
We'll always give our angel the proper love he deserves. Then again, that tier list is one reason why I hate tier lists, but also that it's too earlier to even properly tier list. Just about 2 months for 70+ characters, not to mention patches? I don't see much accuracy in that.
Bruh, the frequent competitive tier lists coming out this early are so dumb. What even is a good and practical reason to make them 2 months after release when we will be getting DLC throughout the year? Without a solid meta, everything becomes obsolete so quickly.

Shroob

Sup?
Uhh, can someone explain the evil roots of the -n word-? (No offense intended) with a link or something??
Sincerely i didn't know this was some kind of insult (because i don't speak english at all) until i made a mistake around here....
It's a derogatory word English speaking people called black people for several hundred years.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
What the ****?
Smashing Ramen and Zinith are the same -- EXPOSED

Also PsySmasher PsySmasher I tried joining and got connection errors both times, for some reason. I'm plugged into ethernet and everything. Gonna try and troubleshoot it, I think it's because we got a new router/modem a month or two ago.

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
Gee, I don't see myself doing that. I only did Pit's, and even that took a while, but only for the reason of fighting the boss Other than that, Pit's path isn't really hard.
Yeah. The reason I did this in the first place is I'm aiming to beat 9.9 with every character. It at least helped that Bowser is one of my mains, though.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Bruh, the frequent competitive tier lists coming out this early are so dumb. What even is a good and practical reason to make them 2 months after release when we will be getting DLC throughout the year? Without a solid meta, everything becomes obsolete so quickly.
I keep telling people that. I'd want to see first legit tier lists at around 6 months after the game's released so the characters have time to develop, same goes for the meta. Unfortunately we also have to consider the upcoming DLC and how they need time for their gameplay to be developed too. And then there's patches that can definitely buff or nerf characters (such as s4 Mewtwo's buffs).

Yeah. The reason I did this in the first place is I'm aiming to beat 9.9 with every character. It at least helped that Bowser is one of my mains, though.
I commend you for doing that, really I do. I'd rather get 9.9 once with a character and be done with it. I'm glad Pit's was fairly easy.

KMDP

Smash Legend
That's a name I haven't heard since my hair was blue, my nails were black, and my ipod mini was filled up with All-American Rejects.
*looks at avatar*

But your hair is still blue.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Smashing Ramen and Zinith are the same -- EXPOSED

Also PsySmasher PsySmasher I tried joining and got connection errors both times, for some reason. I'm plugged into ethernet and everything. Gonna try and troubleshoot it, I think it's because we got a new router/modem a month or two ago.
Hmm... that's kinda weird. You're not the first person to say that either. It might be my connection (I'm on campus wifi, so I have no control over the connection).

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I keep telling people that. I'd want to see first legit tier lists at around 6 months after the game's released so the characters have time to develop, same goes for the meta. Unfortunately we also have to consider the upcoming DLC and how they need time for their gameplay to be developed too. And then there's patches that can definitely buff or nerf characters (such as s4 Mewtwo's buffs).
If there is another BR for Ultimate, I'd guess the first tier list won't drop until after EVO this year.

D

Deleted member

Well, it's been a hot minute since I've been here, but allow me to interrupt your daily scheduled discussion with me venting about Classic Mode.

I just beat 9.9 Classic with Bowser, and.....
HOLY MOLY was that hell incarnate.
You know how there's seven circles of hell? Bowser's classic mode is the closest I've seen to it. I almost hate it more than Stuart Little. Let me describe the torture to you.
Round 1: Oh Mii Oh My: 4 Miis. That's it. This Classic Mode route decides to insult you by using the most generic enemies in the first round. However, spam Side-B here and you're golden.

Round 2: Ken/10: Pretty easy. Just kill Ken off the side. The least frustrating of the Seven Rounds of Hell

Round 3: Samus: Average fight, although Samus can juggle you due to your size. Plan accordingly, and this isn't too bad.

Round 4: Big Bois Charizard and Incineroar: This round is weird and is designed to screw you over (the first of the three rounds that do this). Although Charizard and Incineroar are giant, they deal much more damage, much less knockback, and take more knockback. So while you'll see them die at 100%, you'll be at 250% at the end of the round. Because of this, Classic Mode decides to only bump you up 0.4. Oof.

Round 5: Diddy did it: This fight is annoying, since the matchup is unfavorable. Diddy can get a ton of combos on you, and you'll find it hard to kill him.

Round 6: Rathalos: Bowser is one of two characters that fight a boss before the final round. Rathalos isn't too bad, but what's bad about this round is that it is also designed to screw you over. You'll only get 0.7 maximum at the end of the round, where other characters can get much more.

Now, before I move on to the boss, let me explain the best ways to get 9.9.
First, there is simply not dying. Probably the easiest method of the two.
Second, there is getting to 9.9 before the final round, and keep using tickets there if you die.

The reason why this is important is that the final round I am about to describe to you is so difficult, I thought about using the second method. Of course, due to the fourth and sixth rounds, I would always end up short by a large margin. So, I was forced to go with the first option and do it the normal way. This leads me to the most fearsome final round of all, the spawn of Satan himself.

Mario.

..wait, it's just that pesky plumber? This shouldn't be too ba-

get comboed for miliennia and down-aired every other second.

Whew, that was difficult. I took 100% damage, but now, it's finally o- wait a sec.

After you defeat Mario, the Level 9 Dair-spamming hellspawn, like some sort of twisted demon, comes back from the dead completely out of Metal. This is Metal Mario. Let me explain to you why this fight is stupid.

You've likely taken a bunch of damage from Mario already, so the fight is already hard to begin with. Not to mention the fact that they don't give you a Maxim Tomato in between like with other two-phase final rounds. Now, since Mario is now metallic, he is much harder to launch and takes less hitstun, which means he can punish some of your moves with an F-Smash on hit. Not the mention the AI is still hard as nails. This single fight is the reason why Bowser's Classic on 9.9 took so many attempts, I think at least 30. But, just now, it's over. It's all over and I never have to do this stupid route again. Farewell.
Should have done it with :ultkingdedede:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
You will have to talk to Michael Corleone about that...
That guy is involved with my disappearance.
Well since you’re here, I don’t have to search for you anymore
We'll always give our angel the proper love he deserves. Then again, that tier list is one reason why I hate tier lists, but also that it's too earlier to even properly tier list. Just about 2 months for 70+ characters, not to mention patches? I don't see much accuracy in that.
Yeah...Team Pit (and **** bad tier lists)...but mostly Team Pit
Gee, I don't see myself doing that. I only did Pit's, and even that took a while, but only for the reason of fighting the boss Other than that, Pit's path isn't really hard.
The two hands near 9.9 difficulty is a pain to deal with...only got Pittoo and Rosalina to 9.9 (Pit was a 9.8 and I got salty over that)
They also cause more people to **** on other characters for no legitimate reason...and the top tiers when they get nerfed will be hated aswell
I'm aiming to beat 9.9 with every character
You’re a brave soul
E9B32835-B28A-43D4-9584-D6CD4D0BAF5C.gif

D

Deleted member

Please join my arena. I need friends.

ID: 8FRC5
Password: 95068

Rules: Random Stages in Battlefield form, Three Stock, 10 Minutes, No Items, No Final Smash Meter

Thank you.
Sorry but I’m busy celabrating my moms b-day can tomorrow work?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
If there is another BR for Ultimate, I'd guess the first tier list won't drop until after EVO this year.
Don't know when that is, but let's hope everyone in it will be observant. Then again, many have said that they're strictly based on tourney results rather than potential or something. I only worry because I expect Pit to be in the mid tier range again.

Well since you’re here, I don’t have to search for you anymore

Yeah...Team Pit (and **** bad tier lists)...but mostly Team Pit

The two hands near 9.9 difficulty is a pain to deal with...only got Pittoo and Rosalina to 9.9 (Pit was a 9.8 and I got salty over that)

They also cause more people to **** on other characters for no legitimate reason...and the top tiers when they get nerfed will be hated aswell

You’re a brave soul
Hurray for Team Pit-kun! <3

Them hands were the hard part of the challenge. I know my strategy was attempt to stun one of the hands (as in make em fall on the floor) while friendly Pittoo D-smashes said hand to do the damage for you, then target the other hand, stun it for Pittoo do damage, and repeat while hoping Pittoo is alive long enough. Plus D-air and B-air are your aerials to use due to less lag and lack of multi-hit moves keeping you up. I was told using tickets somewhere help you get 9.9 easier, but never tried it.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Reposting here because I really need to find this song :V
Yo, someone knows the name of the song that plays during this video? (The second one, not the Tangled one used in the intro)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What I'm thinking.

May: Joker
August: Second DLC fighter
November: Third DLC fighter
February: Fourth and final DLC fighter

What do you guys think? Three month gap seems quite enough.
If you're including Joker as the first, you're missing the fifth DLC fighter.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I kind of feel like the characters might come out in pairs. Or at least one set of them will be. So a 4 month difference might not be too unrealistic if they do it that way.

Would you guys prefer it in pairs or one by one?

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Hey fellas, are there any arenas open?
PsySmasher PsySmasher and @ShinyLegendary both had ones open, not sure if they're still opened.

I tried to join, but then I had connection issues, on account of a new router/modem. I decided to contact Cox support and see about resetting my gateway password so I could get into the settings and fix things. Instead they reset my WiFi password. So that's what I've been doing for the past hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom