• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
These preliminary tier lists are all well and good but I'm just waiting for half of the future DLC to shoot right to the top and stay there.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
When there's a cast of 75 characters now then there's just bound to be characters who'll end up at the bottom. I haven't heard much about Pit but iirc he was aggressively mediocre in 4 competitively speaking as all he was good at was neutral. It's clear you're a casual player so you shouldn't really pay much attention to it tbh
Well that was 4...this is Ultimate...and other than Leo others have placed him in low high and his usual mid tier home. Also, resorting to the whole “casual player” thing isn't the best thing to use
I may respect a bit of his skill, but again, my anti-FE side talking that makes me despise Ike and his turbo moves all of a sudden that are faster than some of Pit's moves and... *mumble mumble* Anyways, we both know that both Pits have always been traditionally at the very least mid tier in competitive tier lists, peaking up there in JP Brawl. Ppl need to give Pit more love and respect. Part of me is fearing that the Palu bandwagon will further have Pit be ignored, and that makes me sad. :(
Well we already know people like Idon Idon ain't gonna respect our boy...but we still got the respects of people like ZeRo and Leffen to know what’s right, and eventually Earth will be able to start playing in tournaments to rep Pit (there’s others...but Earth is the best so he gets the special name drop)
This honestly just sounds like Pit and his character in general, Kid Icarus-wise. :dazwa:
Pit and Uprising are the Thanos of Smash Ultimate...perfectly balanced

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I want to post something because I need something to distract me from how awful i feel right now. But I don't really have anything to say.

What do you guys do when you just randomly feel terrible for no discernible reason.

Graizen

Smash Champion
I want to post something because I need something to distract me from how awful i feel right now. But I don't really have anything to say.

What do you guys do when you just randomly feel terrible for no discernible reason.
Find a good Anime or a Good Game

Helps alot!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
And before I forget (not to put Pit aside, but to be serious for a moment), but...what the **** did y’all do to @ShinyLegendary to make him leave? I’m only just finding out about this

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Rock the **** out.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Write? Like fanfiction, poems, anything

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I question the disappearance of @ShinyLegendary no replies...I talk about the Wholesome Pit and how people need to learn that non-jack characters aren’t bad and I get replies...is the former topic some sort of Chris Benoit/Krispen Wah situation or something?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

1) I get away from stopgap distractions like forums or social media or whatever because they just prolong the feeling.
2) I do some sort of physical exercise to work out the stress.
3) I play a game that's somewhat mindless so that my brain focuses on muscle memory rather than any conscious thought. Personal faves are Resident Evil 5 or Gears of War 4.
4) If all else fails, I go to sleep. Nothing clears the mind better than falling asleep.

D

Deleted member

I just ****post here

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

That's a name I haven't heard since my hair was blue, my nails were black, and my ipod mini was filled up with All-American Rejects.
Can I move to Canada with you?
Get me out of the US.
Too much conservatives! I am a liberal!

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

I just boot up Smash, and play a couple of matches

D

Deleted member

Mine was an entirely apolitical post, but if you can get in before we finally get that wall to keep you guys out up, sure.
I get way too political. I feel like I am the only one in this thread who has that problem.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I get way too political. I feel like I am the only one in this thread who has that problem.
The two sides of the political spectrum is far too archaic and old fashioned and needs to be replaced in general. There's far better ways to look at problems and solutions and work them out civilly without having to devolve into a party or wing.

Basically, "modern" politics is outdated and ****ing stupid with how far we've come as the human race and needs to be changed as soon as possible.

Way too much division when there doesn't have to be.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well that was 4...this is Ultimate...and other than Leo others have placed him in low high and his usual mid tier home. Also, resorting to the whole “casual player” thing isn't the best thing to use

Well we already know people like Idon Idon ain't gonna respect our boy...but we still got the respects of people like ZeRo and Leffen to know what’s right, and eventually Earth will be able to start playing in tournaments to rep Pit (there’s others...but Earth is the best so he gets the special name drop)

Pit and Uprising are the Thanos of Smash Ultimate...perfectly balanced
We'll always give our angel the proper love he deserves. Then again, that tier list is one reason why I hate tier lists, but also that it's too earlier to even properly tier list. Just about 2 months for 70+ characters, not to mention patches? I don't see much accuracy in that.

kylexv

Smash Master
Well, it's been a hot minute since I've been here, but allow me to interrupt your daily scheduled discussion with me venting about Classic Mode.

I just beat 9.9 Classic with Bowser, and.....
HOLY MOLY was that hell incarnate.
You know how there's seven circles of hell? Bowser's classic mode is the closest I've seen to it. I almost hate it more than Stuart Little. Let me describe the torture to you.
Round 1: Oh Mii Oh My: 4 Miis. That's it. This Classic Mode route decides to insult you by using the most generic enemies in the first round. However, spam Side-B here and you're golden.

Round 2: Ken/10: Pretty easy. Just kill Ken off the side. The least frustrating of the Seven Rounds of Hell

Round 3: Samus: Average fight, although Samus can juggle you due to your size. Plan accordingly, and this isn't too bad.

Round 4: Big Bois Charizard and Incineroar: This round is weird and is designed to screw you over (the first of the three rounds that do this). Although Charizard and Incineroar are giant, they deal much more damage, much less knockback, and take more knockback. So while you'll see them die at 100%, you'll be at 250% at the end of the round. Because of this, Classic Mode decides to only bump you up 0.4. Oof.

Round 5: Diddy did it: This fight is annoying, since the matchup is unfavorable. Diddy can get a ton of combos on you, and you'll find it hard to kill him.

Round 6: Rathalos: Bowser is one of two characters that fight a boss before the final round. Rathalos isn't too bad, but what's bad about this round is that it is also designed to screw you over. You'll only get 0.7 maximum at the end of the round, where other characters can get much more.

Now, before I move on to the boss, let me explain the best ways to get 9.9.
First, there is simply not dying. Probably the easiest method of the two.
Second, there is getting to 9.9 before the final round, and keep using tickets there if you die.

The reason why this is important is that the final round I am about to describe to you is so difficult, I thought about using the second method. Of course, due to the fourth and sixth rounds, I would always end up short by a large margin. So, I was forced to go with the first option and do it the normal way. This leads me to the most fearsome final round of all, the spawn of Satan himself.

Mario.

..wait, it's just that pesky plumber? This shouldn't be too ba-

get comboed for miliennia and down-aired every other second.

Whew, that was difficult. I took 100% damage, but now, it's finally o- wait a sec.

After you defeat Mario, the Level 9 Dair-spamming hellspawn, like some sort of twisted demon, comes back from the dead completely out of Metal. This is Metal Mario. Let me explain to you why this fight is stupid.

You've likely taken a bunch of damage from Mario already, so the fight is already hard to begin with. Not to mention the fact that they don't give you a Maxim Tomato in between like with other two-phase final rounds. Now, since Mario is now metallic, he is much harder to launch and takes less hitstun, which means he can punish some of your moves with an F-Smash on hit. Not the mention the AI is still hard as nails. This single fight is the reason why Bowser's Classic on 9.9 took so many attempts, I think at least 30. But, just now, it's over. It's all over and I never have to do this stupid route again. Farewell.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Please join my arena. I need friends.

ID: 8FRC5
Password: 95068

Rules: Random Stages in Battlefield form, Three Stock, 10 Minutes, No Items, No Final Smash Meter

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well, it's been a hot minute since I've been here, but allow me to interrupt your daily scheduled discussion with me venting about Classic Mode.

I just beat 9.9 Classic with Bowser, and.....
HOLY MOLY was that hell incarnate.
You know how there's seven circles of hell? Bowser's classic mode is the closest I've seen to it. I almost hate it more than Stuart Little. Let me describe the torture to you.
Round 1: Oh Mii Oh My: 4 Miis. That's it. This Classic Mode route decides to insult you by using the most generic enemies in the first round. However, spam Side-B here and you're golden.

Round 2: Ken/10: Pretty easy. Just kill Ken off the side. The least frustrating of the Seven Rounds of Hell

Round 3: Samus: Average fight, although Samus can juggle you due to your size. Plan accordingly, and this isn't too bad.

Round 4: Big Bois Charizard and Incineroar: This round is weird and is designed to screw you over (the first of the three rounds that do this). Although Charizard and Incineroar are giant, they deal much more damage, much less knockback, and take more knockback. So while you'll see them die at 100%, you'll be at 250% at the end of the round. Because of this, Classic Mode decides to only bump you up 0.4. Oof.

Round 5: Diddy did it: This fight is annoying, since the matchup is unfavorable. Diddy can get a ton of combos on you, and you'll find it hard to kill him.

Round 6: Rathalos: Bowser is one of two characters that fight a boss before the final round. Rathalos isn't too bad, but what's bad about this round is that it is also designed to screw you over. You'll only get 0.7 maximum at the end of the round, where other characters can get much more.

Now, before I move on to the boss, let me explain the best ways to get 9.9.
First, there is simply not dying. Probably the easiest method of the two.
Second, there is getting to 9.9 before the final round, and keep using tickets there if you die.

The reason why this is important is that the final round I am about to describe to you is so difficult, I thought about using the second method. Of course, due to the fourth and sixth rounds, I would always end up short by a large margin. So, I was forced to go with the first option and do it the normal way. This leads me to the most fearsome final round of all, the spawn of Satan himself.

Mario.

..wait, it's just that pesky plumber? This shouldn't be too ba-

get comboed for miliennia and down-aired every other second.

Whew, that was difficult. I took 100% damage, but now, it's finally o- wait a sec.

After you defeat Mario, the Level 9 Dair-spamming hellspawn, like some sort of twisted demon, comes back from the dead completely out of Metal. This is Metal Mario. Let me explain to you why this fight is stupid.

You've likely taken a bunch of damage from Mario already, so the fight is already hard to begin with. Not to mention the fact that they don't give you a Maxim Tomato in between like with other two-phase final rounds. Now, since Mario is now metallic, he is much harder to launch and takes less hitstun, which means he can punish some of your moves with an F-Smash on hit. Not the mention the AI is still hard as nails. This single fight is the reason why Bowser's Classic on 9.9 took so many attempts, I think at least 30. But, just now, it's over. It's all over and I never have to do this stupid route again. Farewell.

Gee, I don't see myself doing that. I only did Pit's, and even that took a while, but only for the reason of fighting the boss Other than that, Pit's path isn't really hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom