• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I feel like Roy's at least fine in this regard now.

8 Pokemon characters and 5 FE characters aside from Marth and Chrom.

Your initial post said that both Pokemon and FE characters always added the newest member:

Pikachu and Jiggs coincide with the releases of PKMN RBGY

Mewtwo coincides with PKMN The 1st Movie

Pichu coincides with GSC

Roy coincides with Binding Blade

PKMN Trainer coincides with FRLG

Lucario coincides with DPPt

Ike coincides with Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn

Greninja coincides with XY

Robin and Lucina coincide with Awakening

Corrin coincides with Fates

Incineroar coincides with Sun/Moon

Only Chrom and Marth break this trend.

Most recent FE game when Marth was added was Thracia 776.

As for Chrom, Most recent FE was Shadows of Valentia.
Pichu and Mewtwo added in the same game. Same with Pokemon Trainer and Lucario.

It's literally impossible for all of them to be newest.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
This reminds me: Will they actually go with the classic Toriyama art style for Erdrick?

Or will they adapt his kid design into the “newer” style?

They're probably gonna go with the classic design and the most modern take on that design, similar to Simon.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
This reminds me: Will they actually go with the classic Toriyama art style for Erdrick?

Or will they adapt his kid design into the “newer” style?

Knowing how Sakurai is he probably brought in Toriyama to sketch up a whole new look for Erdrick so whatever Toriyama feels like I guess?

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Which Anna would she be?
It be original design made for Smash to keep tradition of every universe having different Anna
But it will take inspiration from previous designs

It will be based of her Apotheosis design were shes uses a spear but has a comically huge like HUGE merchant backpack (making her a heavy weight fighter) with a ton of weapons but also items from other game series like some of the mask from Majoras Mask as refrence to the happy mask salesman or pokeballs or even animal crossing furniture with a little doll of tom nook hanging from her back pack as an extra detail

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Guys. I'm really starting to like Earthbound.

It took a little bit, but now that i've finished it and had time to think I really liked it.

Couple that with my newfound love of DKC and...

I think i'm turning into a 90s kid

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Y'all are kidding if you think our new FE rep is going to be Edelgarde. Obviously it's going to be Toon Marth.

This is also who "Brave" is, by the way.
I believe the correct term is "Paper Marth."
Seriously, has nobody else noticed that distinction between Paper Mario and FEH? You could throw Peach into the latter and she'd be indistinguishable from the rest of the cast.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

It took a little bit, but now that i've finished it and had time to think I really liked it.

Yep. I knew you had good taste.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Pichu and Mewtwo added in the same game. Same with Pokemon Trainer and Lucario.

It's literally impossible for all of them to be newest.
I'm referring to development cycles here.

Even if you added a buffer of a one game margin of error, the result is still the same.

What I'm basically saying is that all FE and Pokemon characters were added due to modern relevancy.

EXCEPT Chrom and Marth, who were added due to fan demand and OG series representation, respectively.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Next thing you'll start calling old, bad games charming and complain about anime.

It's better to return when it's not to late.

D

Deleted member

have you tried Mother 3 yet? cause in my opinion Mother 3 improves on everything Earthbound did and then more. The Music, Story and Characters are better at least.

D

Deleted member

Alright, so I JUST found out about this. How does Jump Force keep looking more and more like a heaping pile of burning trash?
This is why Tatsunoko VS. Capcom and UMVC3 are the best fighting games, Shaking My Head.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Okay, but there were different sects of "90s" kids. For example, I was THIS kind of 90s kid...

Shroob

Sup?
Smash is a video game?

I thought it was a select screen with character portraits on it.

That's why everyone argues over "Slots" right? How clones "Steal slots?" or how so and so didn't "Deserve" a slot?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Smash is a video game?

I thought it was a select screen with character portraits on it.

That's why everyone argues over "Slots" right? How clones "Steal slots?" or how so and so didn't "Deserve" a slot?
You're forgetting about Assist Trophy Selection Screen. You know, the thing that only exists to show people which characters are fan favorites that never be in Smash or Nintendogs.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Which Anna would she be?
I guess Heroes Anna would make the most sense to me, since she actually has a major role in FEH (well... major enough), instead of being either a shopkeeper or just another recruitable character. She also wields an axe (which may/may not = more unique), and would make some sort of sense in terms of timing (if you consider early 2017 a possibility).

I'd also say Awakening Anna, but she's already a spirit so... interpret that however you want to.

MainJPW

M.T.A
They're probably gonna go with the classic design and the most modern take on that design, similar to Simon.
Since the art style seen in Dragon Quest art book is Toriyama’s current style I’m guessing he’ll look something like that:

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
*people hyper speculate on Cristina Vee's tweet*
Me:
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I mean, when ya say something like, "oh ya know just about to work on one of the biggest games ever" can you really blame people for getting into the mood for heavy speculation?

It's not like it's unfounded, she straight up said it was gonna be big.

D

Deleted member

I guess i'm the Nintendo 90s kid with an SNES.

I definitely mean [INSERT SPOILER HERE]

**** was rough, man.
oof yeah that was rough, Really sad what happened and I will not lie when I say I might've shed a tear cause it was messed up man.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
*people hyper speculate on Cristina Vee's tweet*
Me:
There was a problem fetching the tweet
> Vee Tweet where the only thing anyone can do is assume
> Vee points out how everyone is assuming too much

Then maybe you shouldn't make vague Tweets like that in the first place

Shroob

Sup?
I'd just wish they'd drop the Direct and show him off already.

I know we just got Plant but, knowing Joker(And probably Erdrick's) release date would be nice.

The only thing I think is a 'safe' assumption is that both characters will be out BEFORE E3, so by the end of May is the cutoff date for them to be out, I'd wager.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm gonna be moving soon, and considering how I space out the games I buy it looks like Persona 5's gonna be the last game I play in my current house.

It better be good, especially after you people hyped it up so much.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm gonna be moving soon, and considering how I space out the games I buy it looks like Persona 5's gonna be the last game I play in my current house.

It better be good, especially after you people hyped it up so much.
You and me both. I thought I was the only one here moving.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Speaking of:

We know that Erdrick's going to be the classic, kid design.

Does that actually have any official artwork for the female one, or does the only artwork that exists of that being the gross adult Erdrick?
Why does everyone hate on adult Erdrick? The design really isn't that bad..yeah, the stand alone art for both male & female Erdrick is..weird looking..but in other art he looks fine.
Since the art style seen in Dragon Quest art book is Toriyama’s current style I’m guessing he’ll look something like that:

I honestly really like that style, its a good middle ground between both the original NES design and the SNES design.
As I said before though, as long as I can play as female Erdrick, I don't care which design is used.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
It be original design made for Smash to keep tradition of every universe having different Anna
But it will take inspiration from previous designs

It will be based of her Apotheosis design were shes uses a spear but has a comically huge like HUGE merchant backpack (making her a heavy weight fighter) with a ton of weapons but also items from other game series like some of the mask from Majoras Mask as refrence to the happy mask salesman or pokeballs or even animal crossing furniture with a little doll of tom nook hanging from her back pack as an extra detail
Imagine Anna being proficient in stuff like an axe, staff/spear and bow. She’d be Edelgard, Bandana Dee and Decidueye rolled into one!

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Why does everyone hate on adult Erdrick? The design really isn't that bad..yeah, the stand alone art for both male & female Erdrick is..weird looking..but in other art he looks fine.

I honestly really like that style, its a good middle ground between both the original NES design and the SNES design.
As I said before though, as long as I can play as female Erdrick, I don't care which design is used.
To me, it just doesn't look good.

Kid Erdrick's design just looks 'good', and judging by the datamine, it looks like Sakurai's going with that one.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Imagine Anna being proficient in stuff like an axe, staff/spear and bow. She’d be Edelgard, Bandana Dee and Decidueye rolled into one!
You're saying that as a joke but this fandom really sometimes sees fighters as weapons and franchises instead of characters.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
To me, it just doesn't look good.

Kid Erdrick's design just looks 'good', and judging by the datamine, it looks like Sakurai's going with that one.
Aside from age, I don't see that much of a difference outside of Toriyama's art style evolving a little bit..though I'm still curious if the original Erdrick is a kid or just chibi since in the Dragon Quest Illustrations artbook, the Warrior is shown child-sized but still with large breasts, so likely a chibi.
I'm willing to bet the design will be a mixture of the original and remake designs akin to what's seen on the cover of Dragon Quest Illustrations, honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom