• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Oh I know, but I can't find it online anywhere either.
Oh trust me, there are still places where you can get the ROM of Mother 3. It was pretty simple for me, but to be clear, I condemn the sharing of ROMs. I swear, mods, I am a good boy.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Tony's not tryin to save the world, he's after this dude's crops.
His “child” died in his own hands...so he’s going for more than a corpse
My question is once Thanos is gone, who will replace him?
Thanos was the primary villain that tied it all. They will probably tease another villain or Thanos coming back, but who knows.
At least we see more Thanos in Avengers 4.
There’s way too many choices to replace Thanos for Phase 4 and onwards...but only Doom, Osborn, and Galactus make the most sense
Endgame is the only time the Avengers are actually avenging something.
They avenged...after credits and shawarma
On one hand, I'd like to see them go with something more grounded, as opposed to ramping up the threat level with every movie - something like Norman Osborn and the Dark Avengers, or the Masters of Evil, could work. (We've got Abomination somewhere in the MCU)

Alternatively, there's Doctor Doom or Galactus now that they have the Fantastic Four film rights back.
All of those would be great...especially having Norman in general
Stakes really can't get any higher than Thanos now if you ask me.

Unless Doom becomes God Doom, nothing can get on the whole universal level if you ask me.
Galactus, Secret Invasion, House of M, the multiple Secret Wars...there’s quite a lot to be done after Thanos

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Stakes really can't get any higher than Thanos now if you ask me.

Unless Doom becomes God Doom, nothing can get on the whole universal level if you ask me.
Pft, he doesn't know about the hilariously obscure cosmic Marvel entities that even Marvel forgot about like Eternity.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Since were currently on this.

Mind if I ask what everyone's favorite movies are?

Mine would have to be the Heisei Gamera Trilogy. No movies IMO will ever top those.

Others would be Godzilla (1954), Guardians of the Galaxy 1 & 2, Fast & Furious movies, Kong: Skull Island, Mulan, The Brave Little Toaster and The Prince of Egypt.
Indiana Jones 1-3
Toy Story 1-3
Scott Pilgrim vs the World
Inside Out
The Dark Knight
Spider-Man 2

Will probably have to rewatch it to get a better feel of it, though I feel that Into the Spider-Verse will probably be on this list eventually.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
On one hand, I'd like to see them go with something more grounded, as opposed to ramping up the threat level with every movie - something like Norman Osborn and the Dark Avengers, or the Masters of Evil, could work. (We've got Abomination somewhere in the MCU)

Alternatively, there's Doctor Doom or Galactus now that they have the Fantastic Four film rights back.
They already seem to be setting up the Sinister Six so I could see them being a big threat later on.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I can't name all my favorite movies, but How to Train your Dragon 1 and 2, Lilo and Stitch, and Little Shop of Horrors are all up there.

D

Deleted member

Pretty good. I have no intention on replaying it but Pretty good nontheless.
I have to do the entire thing 100% to not only have all of the Spirits, but do the challenges.
I really like WoL, but I do not have the energy to do that.

D

Deleted member

I can't name all my favorite movies, but How to Train your Dragon 1 and 2, Lilo and Stitch, and Little Shop of Horrors are all up there.
Naming my favorite would be hard, but The Dark Knight, the Godfather, the Toy Story trilogy and Spider Verse.
I need to see HtTyD 1 and 2.
I also like this really dark and sad movie that I do not want to mention, but let you guys know of it a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

With getting some money soon, I see Fire Emblem Warriors is $31.88 on Amazon. Is it worth the purchase?

D

Deleted member

With getting some money soon, I see Fire Emblem Warriors is $31.88 on Amazon. Is it worth the purchase?
Speaking of FE Warriors, how does everyone in here feel about it?
I see mixed reviews.

Shroob

Sup?
*Inhales*

No, not at all. People complain about Clones in Smash, so many characters in that game are just straight up clones of one another.

D

Deleted member

Mine would have to be the Heisei Gamera Trilogy. No movies IMO will ever top those.

Others would be Godzilla (1954), Guardians of the Galaxy 1 & 2, Fast & Furious movies, Kong: Skull Island, Mulan, The Brave Little Toaster and The Prince of Egypt.
Aladdin. Such a classic Movie and has my favorite Disney character in it so of course I gotta rep it, The character I was talking about was Genie cause Robin Williams was/is such a gem.
Doctor Strange. Most people say it's one of the weaker MCU movies but I really like it just for how good the Visuals are and that it introduced my favorite MCU hero Dr. Strange himself.
Inside Out. I just have good memories watching the movie in theaters.
Infinity War. Such a good Movie with such high Production Value and pulling off having that many characters in the movie is pretty impressive.
That's pretty much it to be honest. I'm more of a Gaming/Anime/Streamers kinda guy.

Edit Also Lilo and Stitch Kind of forgot about it. it's not necessarily my Favorite movie but just the Circumstances surrounding it makes the Movie stick with me a bit, My best friends favorite Movie was L&S and he was a huge fan of it so I gotta give it a mention. Plus I remember staying the night at said friends how and watching the movie with him, Good times. The movie itself though is pretty good just not my favorite out there but the Circumstances surrounding it makes it very special for me like I mentioned.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Have you guys ever heard of the show Lost Tapes? It was a mockumentary shot in found-footage style similar to Blair Witch Project of people have traumatic encounters with cryptids and such.

Man how much I miss that show. Wish it never ended. Once my excessive writers block goes away I'll definitely get around to all of these.

Lost Tapes: Beast of Gevaudan
Summary: A couple goes to the France countryside to have a romantic getaway but it is soon interrupted when a large deadly beast begins to hunt them.

Lost Tapes: Brosno Dragon
Summary: A wildlife photographer goes to Lake Brosno to get pictures of the wildlife but soon its a matter of survival when a gigantic monster from the lake comes after him.

Lost Tapes: Bunyip
Premise: An Australian family purchases a lakeside summer home to begin spending their Summers there only for it to become a nightmare when a beast living in the lake thought to had only existed in the Aborigines Dreamtime stories begins to hunt them.

Lost Tapes: Champ
Summary: Fishermen catches more then they bargain for when they capture and kill an strange infant animal from the lake only to face the wrath of its angry mother bent out on killing them.

Lost Tapes: Dragon
Summary: A group of friends go mountain climbing on a mountain in Europe only to later encounter a legendary winged beast thought to had only existed in myths living near the top.

Lost Tapes: Ghoul
Summary: Upon the death of a famous rich man who has been buried with his money and riches. A group of grave robbers decide to take it all for themselves only to encounter a mysterious humanoid creature that has a craving for flesh.

Lost Tapes: Grassman
Summary: After the disappearance of multiple pets within the area. City officials are sent to find them only to find their search put to a halt when they enter the territory of a hairy humanoid supposedly the source of the disappearances.

Lost Tapes: Grey Alien
Summary: Two friends driving back home from work after a long night are suddenly abducted by mysterious beings with the intention of doing various tests on them. Luckily for them they manage to break themselves free but must still find a way to escape.

Lost Tapes: Griffin
Premise: A group of treasure hunters in Iran searches for a lost ancient and valuable treasure only to find it being guarded by a creature thought to had only existed in legends.

Lost Tapes: Kappa
Summary: Upon hearing the reports of a mysterious creature drowning people in Japan. The Enigma Corporation is called in to investigate.

Lost Tapes: Kasai Rex
Summary: A zoologist in Africa is studying the intelligence of elephants only to find himself being stalked and hunted by an ancient prehistoric predator.

Lost Tapes: Krampus
Summary: When their parents must work on Christmas Eve and gets their neglectful older sister to watch over them. Two misbehaved siblings takes advantage of this such as opening their presents only to face the consequences when a mysterious horned being begins terrorizing them.

Lost Tapes: Lernaean Hydra
Summary: University colleagues on a trip in Greece goes to Lerna to shoot a movie about the story of Heracles fighting the Lernaean Hydra only to realize that it maybe no myth at all.

Lost Tapes: Loch Ness Monster
Summary: A group of cryptozoologists decide to go to Loch Ness to try and prove the existence of the Loch Ness Monster only once they find the creature they learn that it doesn't like to be disturbed.

Lost Tapes: Lusca
Summary: Enthusiast thrill seekers goes to the Blue Holes for cave diving to explore only for their fun to turn into a nightmare in the presence of an underwater predator that dwells there.

Lost Tapes: Mapinguari
Summary: Due to a series of unexplained animal attacks near a village in Brazil. The Enigma Corporation is hired to investigate.

Lost Tapes: Mega Bear (Short-faced bear)
Summary: What starts off as a fun camping trip in Yukon for a divorced father and his children becomes a deadly fight for survival when they find themselves being hunted by a prehistoric throwback to the Ice Age.

Lost Tapes: Mega Cat (Smilodon)
Summary: A vacation in South America between newlyweds and friends celebrating their marriage turns into survival when they find themselves being pursued by a long extinct carnivore.

Lost Tapes: Megalodon
Summary: Upon the announcement of a submarine capable of resisting high pressures keep in the ocean. A research team consisting of animal biologists are sent into the Mariana Trench to find and discover new species only to encounter a large ancient predator thought to had been extinct millions of years ago.

Lost Tapes: Minotaur
Premise: A trip to Crete turns into a nightmare for a group of friends when they decide to explore the labyrinth when what they thought was a legend proves to be all too real.

Lost Tapes: Mummy
Summary: A tomb in the Great Pyramid of Giza is discovered containing the sacrophagus of a mummy and brought back to a museum for display but after the mysterious death of one of the security guards. The Enigma Corporation is called in to help.

Lost Tapes: Nandi Bear
Summary: What started out as a normal Safari for a tour guide and his tourists becomes a fight for survival when they all get stalked by an unknown predator.

Lost Tapes: Ogopogo
Summary: A group of friends decide to go fishing not knowing the spot they decide to fish on is the territory of the lake monster known as Ogopogo.

Lost Tapes: Phantom Cat
Summary: A farmer and his wife in England are finding their livestock being killed by a mysterious predator every night only to realize soon on the next night they're the next meal.

Lost Tapes: Ropen
Summary: An expedition in Papua New Guinea in search of an unknown and mysterious tribe turns into horror for a group of explorers when they encounter a flying terror.

Lost Tapes: Sea Serpent
Summary: People have been disappearing off the coast of Spain. So the Enigma Corporation decides to find out why they are and soon finds out its the work of a monster thought to had only existed in sailors tales.

Lost Tapes: Skunk Ape
Summary: Park rangers in Florida are hired to remove Burmese pythons and other invasive animal species from the Everglades but soon invasive species proves to be the least of their worries once they find themselves being terrorized by a large hairy foul-smelling humanoid.

Lost Tapes: Vampire Beast
Summary: A group of friends along with one of their younger siblings goes out camping to have fun only for it to be turned to a nightmare when they happen to be in the hunting grounds of a mysterious predator.

Lost Tapes: Waheela
Summary: A research team in the Arctic are studying why global warming had been on the rise for the past few decades but soon their research is put aside when they find out they're being hunted down by a pack of large unknown predators.

Lost Tapes: Wampus Cat
Summary: A woman taking part in Cross country running on the Appalachian Trail finds herself being hunted by a mysterious predator.

Lost Tapes: Yowie
Summary: A University professor and his class of colleagues ventures into the Outbacks to study Aboriginal cave paintings dismissing the warnings from the local Aboriginals of a creature from the Dreamtime Stories said to inhabit the area they're going into. Soon enough their studies is put to the side when the very being they thought was nothing more then folklore proves to be all too real.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

I know there are a few I’m not thinking of, but the ones I can list right now are:
-Beauty and the Beast (1991)
-Ghostbusters (1984)
-The Incredibles
-Inside Out
-John Carpenter’s The Thing
-The Dark Knight
-The Iron Giant

D

Deleted member

*Inhales*

No, not at all. People complain about Clones in Smash, so many characters in that game are just straight up clones of one another.
All I needed was to see "Fire Emblem Warriors - All Female Underwear Animations" in my recommended feed, so there's that.

What about Hyrule Warriors then, y'all? I heard for those who hadn't played the Wii U or 3DS games, the Definitive Edition is the best version and really good.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
What do you mean by make it? Are you gonna sculpt it, develop it in some sort of D&D campaign, actually own one, try to find the Yu-Gi-Oh! card that Shroob posted?
“useful to an 8-person band of contemporary magic-users?” That part. Story-wise. Closest thing is the D&D campaign option.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

I am never good at these lists. There are so many movies that I like that I know I am leaving something out. Then someone puts down their list and I'm like, "aw, I f'ing forgot that". So here is a list in no particular order and definitely with some stuff left out:

Watchmen
Most Quentin stuff
Army of Darkness
Old Evil Dead Movies
New Evil Dead movie
Most Marvel stuff
Godfather I & II
It's a Wonderful Life
Mad Max Fury Road
Back to the Future movies
Ghostbusters I & II
An American Tail
The Secret of Nimh
The Rescuers Down Under
The Sword in The Stone
Robin hood (Disney)
Wizard of Oz
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Sybil
Batteries Not Included
Short Circuit 2
Breakfast Club
Indiana Jones 123
Terminator 2
Lost Boys
Gremlins 123
Shining
Beetlejuice
Never Ending Story
Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
Scarface
Labyrinth
Shining Bacon
Halloween
Rocky I
Willy Wonka
etc....

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
What about Hyrule Warriors then, y'all?
It's automatically garbage, because they didn't include Groose...

The worse part, was that they had times to fix that, with DLC, Legends, Legends DLC, and Definitive Edition, but they didn't...

Shame on them, for missing out on the greatest Zelda character known to man

Seriously though, I hear great things about the game

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
All I needed was to see "Fire Emblem Warriors - All Female Underwear Animations" in my recommended feed, so there's that.

What about Hyrule Warriors then, y'all? I heard for those who hadn't played the Wii U or 3DS games, the Definitive Edition is the best version and really good.
Nice to see where your standards lie...

D

Deleted member

Pretty good. It lacks the quality-of-life gameplay improvements from FE, but every single character is unique and it has hundreds of hours worth of content. If you're not into Dynasty Warrior games then don't bother, but if you like that style of game I can recommend it.

Shroob

Sup?

Asking for friend.

/s

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
“useful to an 8-person band of contemporary magic-users?” That part. Story-wise. Closest thing is the D&D campaign option.
Well I don't know much about setting up Role-playing campaigns, but you can always find some supplementary D&D material, particularly the 5th Edition Monster Manual...

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I am never good at these lists. There are so many movies that I like that I know I am leaving something out. Then someone puts down their list and I'm like, "aw, I f'ing forgot that". So here is a list in no particular order and definitely with some stuff left out:

Watchmen
Most Quentin stuff
Army of Darkness
Old Evil Dead Movies
New Evil Dead movie
Most Marvel stuff
Godfather I & II
It's a Wonderful Life
Mad Max Fury Road
Ghostbusters I & II
An American Tail
The Secret of Nimh
The Rescuers Down Under
The Sword in The Stone
Robin hood (Disney)
Wizard of Oz
Sybil
Batteries Not Included
Short Circuit 2
Breakfast Club
Indiana Jones 123
Terminator 2
Lost Boys
Gremlins 123
Shining
Beetlejuice
Never Ending Story
Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
Scarface
Labyrinth
Shining Bacon
Halloween
Rocky I
Willy Wonka
etc....
Thank you for reminding me of a few of those. Added to my list are:

-Who Framed Roger Rabbit
-The Rocky films + Creed
-Halloween
-Evil Dead series
-The Neverending Story
-Willy Wonka
-Princess Bride
-Most of Don Bluth’s films

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Pretty good. It lacks the quality-of-life gameplay improvements from FE, but every single character is unique and it has hundreds of hours worth of content. If you're not into Dynasty Warrior games then don't bother, but if you like that style of game I can recommend it.
And a post-story that consists of grinding endlessly.
Which is, the bulk of the gameplay, especially if you want to unlock all the characters, weapons, and costumes.

D

Deleted member

Since these two are very alike. What are your favorite TV shows?

Mine would be:
-The Office
-and four more than I'm too shy to say

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Thank you for reminding me of a few of those. Added to my list are:

-Who Framed Roger Rabbit
-The Rocky films + Creed
-Halloween
-Evil Dead series
-The Neverending Story
-Willy Wonka
-Princess Bride
-Most of Don Bluth’s films
Thank you for your additions. Added to my list are:

Other Don Bluth films. Namely All Dog's Go To Heaven.
Princess Bride

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Well I don't know much about setting up Role-playing campaigns, but you can always find some supplementary D&D material, particularly the 5th Edition Monster Manual...
What about the whole team of eight scenario in an animated series? That’s more so what I’m trying to get at, I’m trying to figure out how to make a tiny dragon like that appear more than just a mascot character,

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly, if I could think of a con that Smash Ultimate has, is that we don't have an alt for Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf. That rendition of Ganondorf is way too good. I was REALLY hoping that'd be the case for Smash For, but we got TP again. And besides, it's shown with Wedding Mario and Meta Ridley that you can still have the skeleton of the character and make any edits or what have you.

And to be honest, what matters most is the roster, so if Hyrule Warriors is all unique, I'd rather go with that than Fire Emblem Warriors. Sometimes given the circumstances, QOE < Uniqueness every now and then.

D

Deleted member

Some of my favorite movies to watch of the top of my head are Alien, Gojira(Godzilla 1954), Dr. Strangelove, Jurassic Park, HTTD 1/2, Kung Fu Panda 1-3, Finding Nemo(it's sad that The Good Dinosaur wasn't nearly this good), Pacific Rim, and the LotR trilogy. And a bunch of other movies that I'm too lazy to list.

Though honestly I think I spend my time watching ****ty or really cheesy movies than good movies. Like, by a huge margin. For instance, few weeks ago I subjugated my time watching Mortal Kombat Annihlation for some reason.

D

Deleted member

Watchmen
Most Quentin stuff
Army of Darkness
Old Evil Dead Movies
New Evil Dead movie
Most Marvel stuff
Godfather I & II
It's a Wonderful Life
Mad Max Fury Road
Ghostbusters I & II
An American Tail
The Secret of Nimh
The Rescuers Down Under
The Sword in The Stone
Robin hood (Disney)
Wizard of Oz
Sybil
Batteries Not Included
Short Circuit 2
Breakfast Club
Indiana Jones 123
Terminator 2
Lost Boys
Gremlins 123
Shining
Beetlejuice
Never Ending Story
Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
Scarface
Labyrinth
Shining Bacon
Halloween
Rocky I
Willy Wonka
etc....
Oh man I completely forgot about Who Framed Rodger Rabbit that Movie is so good! Kind of surprised I forgot about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom