• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Mushroom Kingdom Warriors has the potential to be one of the most colorful and different Warriors games of all time. Imagine the things you could do with the Mario cast in a Warriors format.
Mushroom Kingdom Warriors ft. Geno, Mallow, and every other main Mario RPG game character plus Paper Mario and Luigi.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Mushroom Kingdom Warriors ft. Geno, Mallow, and every other main Mario RPG game character plus Paper Mario and Luigi.
might as well just feature them in dissidia if you're going for maximum impossibilities

Shroob

Sup?
I love how we have to be so hush hush about Mother 3's ROM and patch when most people who've outcried for it to be localized have played the patched ROM at one point in their life.

I know ROMs are a touchy subject but....c'mon, most people here who are interested in Mother 3 have done it.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Agree with The Office...

Same issue I have with movies.......

Most of my favorite shows (not including toons) have since ended and nothing has replaced them as being "favorites". Here is my list anyways:

Sopranos
Breaking Bad
Sons of Anarchy
Boardwalk Empire
Penny Dreadful
60 Days In
America's Next Top Model (idc)
Game of Thrones
Upcoming WoT show (idc how bad or good it is, it'll be one of my favorites)
The Knick
The Deuce
Ray Donovan
Seinfeld
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Baskets
Vikings
Walking Dead
Better Call Saul
The Terror
Into the Badlands
Most Marvel Shows on Netflix
Orange in New Black
Stranger Things
You should check out Grimm it’s a really good show too

Great for binging.

D

Deleted member

Man if Nintendo picked vault boy to be dlc that would be a NIGHTMARE you know why?...

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Bruh, aren't Dynasty Warriors games famous for the amount of characters that share the same moveset?

Hyrule Warriors was the odd on out.
Honestly most of the more modern Warriors tittles had been doing a good job making just about everyone unique. Only DW9 and FEW fumbled in that area.
With FEW at least having the excuse that it was trying to add a whole bunch of characters at once so something had to give.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I love how we have to be so hush hush about Mother 3's ROM and patch when most people who've outcried for it to be localized have played the patched ROM at one point in their life.

I know ROMs are a touchy subject but....c'mon, most people here who are interested in Mother 3 have done it.
i like ROMs

i think they're fine

nintendo dont like it tho cause they're losing like, 200 moolah total

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mean all I'm saying is that all three of my favorite Fire Emblem lords are playable in a Warriors game, and it isn't Hyrule Warriors.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Man if Nintendo picked vault boy to be dlc that would be a NIGHTMARE you know why?...
Hey, it still be better than an EA rep...

*The thought of that even happening, sends shivers down my spine*

WHY DOES EA HAVE TO OWN SO MANY NOTABLE FRANCHISES?!

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
also without roms i couldnt experience the kino FE SNES Trilogy

man i love me some terribly translated fire emblem 5

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Uhhhhhhhh. I disagree.
Look at it this way.

You know the Adventure Mode? Where if I want to actually unlock stuff to make my characters stronger I need items gained by specific other squares on the map? And that I have to use that item on a specific tile? And that it promotes grinding for items to progress? Which means repeating the same mission again and again? And on top of that, if I want the upgrade I went there for in the first place, I need an S rank?

Fire Emblem Warriors doesn't have that. I can just move on to the next level and try to get an S rank.

That's just one of the many things Fire Emblem Warriors does better.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
also without roms i couldnt experience the kino FE SNES Trilogy

man i love me some terribly translated fire emblem 5
What's nice is that now it's getting a better translation. They're making good progress, too.

So no more confusion about whether or not Leif escapes first.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
thats what they said about k rool

look where he is now
Yeah, but K Rool was like Smash Jesus and Lazarus (Sakurai) was pretty much forced to resurrect him.

K Rool was also an addition to the DK lore long before 64/Barrel Blast.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
My day thus far:

They replaced my PC at work and didn't transfer hardly anything over to the new one. So basically any saved images or documents I had are now gone.

When they replaced my PC, they took my backlit colored keyboard and matching mouse and replaced it with one of those super flat keyboards with no "clicky" feeling buttons. I hate it and I miss my pink backlight.

My printer does not work; no driver detected....I went online to find the correct driver only to find out I do not have admin priv on my own work PC and therefore cannot download anything or even delete the stupid VLC media shortcut from my desktop (I like to keep that as bare as possible.

Someone threw out my PB that I snack on at work.

On the plus side, my tower is a lot smaller now and the screen is brand new. Silver linings and all that.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Also do you want it to be a sentient creature or just a pet? That could be a plot element in itself as since they're using the dragon as a tool, is it considered ethical? Was the dragon specifically created to fulfill this role or is ot just a living creature in that universe? So many questions...
Definitely given me a lot to think about with my story.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
What's nice is that now it's getting a better translation. They're making good progress, too.

watch it get taken down like A2MR and it'll prove they're doing FE4 + 5 for the Switch.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
The writing is really terrible. It's like an awful fanfiction that exists solely to contrive all the different characters from different eras coming together. The characters are all very flat, and the dialogue makes them seem like a shadow of the characters as they're known in their respective games.
This concerns me considering the idea I had for the story I had for my Sonic fighting game ideas.

D

Deleted member

Look at it this way.

You know the Adventure Mode? Where if I want to actually unlock stuff to make my characters stronger I need items gained by specific other squares on the map? And that I have to use that item on a specific tile? And that it promotes grinding for items to progress? Which means repeating the same mission again and again? And on top of that, if I want the upgrade I went there for in the first place, I need an S rank?

Fire Emblem Warriors doesn't have that. I can just move on to the next level and try to get an S rank.

That's just one of the many things Fire Emblem Warriors does better.
You can buy items with rupees in HW Definitive, completely eliminating the need to grind for them once you get them the first time.
Also S-ranks are super easy to get outside if a few select tiles if you know how to go about it, and even then getting an S rank on your first go is not uncommon at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

watch it get taken down like A2MR and it'll prove they're doing FE4 + 5 for the Switch.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Eh, I don't think they'd target a fan translation. They didn't go after Gaiden or Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light translations when Shadows of Valentia and Shadow Dragon came out.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Okay fill me in on everything you've done so far if you don't mind
I've downloaded and extracted the ROM, Emulator and Translation Patch like normal. I can get the game running, but the patch won't work. Everytime it says path not found.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You can buy items with rupees in HW Definitive, completely eliminating the need to grind for them once you get them the first time.
Well that should have been in the base game.

Also S-ranks are super easy to get outside if a few select tiles if you know how to go about it, and even then getting an S rank on your first go is not uncommon at all.
Huh. I'd have said that for FEW but I'd have never said that about HW. Did the Definitive Edition change some stuff?

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
To me, Hyrule Warriors is my preferred entry of the two Nintendo Warriors. That every character is unique is bar none the best thing about it. While the original release was mechanically outclassed by FE Warriors, the Switch port rectifies all the major issues I had with HW, so it's way better, imo.

(But... I am a huge Zelda fan, and Fire Emblem by comparison isn't that special to me, so there's bias at play here).

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I've downloaded and extracted the ROM, Emulator and Translation Patch like normal. I can get the game running, but the patch won't work. Everytime it says path not found.
Maybe I'm being an idiot here, but did you patch the rom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom