• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
what the **** was that double post, it didnt even sync

Eh, I don't think they'd target a fan translation. They didn't go after Gaiden or Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light translations when Shadows of Valentia and Shadow Dragon came out.
let me dream

D

Deleted member

Well that should have been in the base game.

Huh. I'd have said that for FEW but I'd have never said that about HW. Did the Definitive Edition change some stuff?
I will readily admit that it should have, and I'm glad they changed it.
I don't think the parameters have changed (finish in X time, kill X enemies, don't take more than X damage) but the requirements might be more lax. I've nearly died on several adventure tiles but I still get S ranks on them. There were only a handful of tiles I had to redo for an S rank.

D

Deleted member

I've downloaded and extracted the ROM, Emulator and Translation Patch like normal. I can get the game running, but the patch won't work. Everytime it says path not found.
Maybe it's the Emulator? I read up online as this has not happened to me before and the best advice I can give to you right now is try and run it on a different Emulator as I did the exact same things and this did not appear when I runned the game.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Eh, writing for me is always a case-by-case basis. Might have to see that for myself, and I kinda like cheesy or B-Level stories every now and then.

Besides, you're talking to someone who off and on bring up Omikron: The Nomad Soul - which may I remind all of you: that game was made by David "I Have a Collection of Naked Ellen Page Photos" Cage, impressed ****ing David Bowie to the point where he wanted to be a part of it, and people say that game was amazing.

Did you all not see what it did to Best Friends. Matt literally had to take a month break. (Language Warning) That's how bad that game was. So I think if Hyrule Warriors story ain't all that great, I don't think I'll mind if the side content is great. And there's your daily reminder that Omikron is a thing that exists. :dazwa:
It's not even cheesy, just bland. The only fun element of it is that the main villain's primary motivation is just that she has a stalker obsession with Link, and everything she's doing is to try and be with him. But that's not focused on very much, and everything else is just sadly generic.

At least, the main story is. The only other story I've played into so far is Linkle's story, which is cheesy as she tries to make her way to Hyrule Castle, but after each mission she takes the wrong way and gets wrapped up in whatever fight is going on in where she ends up. There's also a mission where your allies are all Cuccoos. So that's fun.

And yeah, SBFP were the main YouTubers I followed for a long time, so I know all about the lore behind David Cage, Omikron, etc. Hyrule Warriors's story isn't offensively bad like those games, it's just really shallow and by the numbers. There's no Underwater Chinese Ghost Bases or sudden Alien AI antagonists, just puppets of Zelda characters acting out a really basic story.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't think the parameters have changed (finish in X time, kill X enemies, don't take more than X damage) but the requirements might be more lax. I've nearly died on several adventure tiles but I still get S ranks on them. There were only a handful of tiles I had to redo for an S rank.
I'm starting to wonder just how much the definitive edition changed.

D

Deleted member

I don't know how to.

Forgive my idiocy.
Oh you didn't Translate it? there's a translation.zip file that you have to put the Mother 3 rom into then after that there should be a button that says Translate hit that and boom you're done

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Hey, it still be better than an EA rep...

*The thought of that even happening, sends shivers down my spine*

WHY DOES EA HAVE TO OWN SO MANY NOTABLE FRANCHISES?!
To put it simply:

And according to their recent financial statements, their plan is definitely working out for them. ;):p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I tried that, all I get is path file not found.
Okay it sounds like you've done everything Correctly but it's still messing up. Either it's your Emulator messing up or it's something to do with the device you're using if so then Either try to do it with a different Emulator or Try and reset your System.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
my eyes are really getting ****ed rn and straining so i'll have to call it a night

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So... Thanos destroys half the universe's population simply because he wants to be right?
And we are supposed to sympathize with him? That just makes him horribly petty.
And you've never been horribly petty because we you wanted to be right?

C'mon. We all have.

D

Deleted member

Good luck with that :yoshi:
Thanks.
I he was a secondary in Sm4sh 3DS, and I got pretty damn good at him.
Been debating as to wether or not I should pick him up again.
That would make my ‘mains’ list this:

Main Mains: :ultganondorf::ultincineroar::ultpiranha::ultsnake::ultridley:
Secondaries: :ultyoshi::ultwolf::ultfalco::ultkrool::ultpokemontrainer:

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
And you've never been horribly petty because we you wanted to be right?

C'mon. We all have.
Not petty enough to destroy half of all living things.

Only petty enough to call people names.

You stupid finkerdinker!

I'm teasing if that wasn't obvious

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Thanos in the comics has an infinitely better motive because he just wants to impress a girl, pass it on.

Thanks.
I he was a secondary in Sm4sh 3DS, and I got pretty damn good at him.
Been debating as to wether or not I should pick him up again.
That would make my ‘mains’ list this:

Main Mains: :ultganondorf::ultincineroar::ultpiranha::ultsnake::ultridley:
Secondaries: :ultyoshi::ultwolf::ultfalco::ultkrool::ultpokemontrainer:
I see that you are also a part of the

*ahem*

#PLANTGANG!

D

Deleted member

That's not what I mean. What kind of file is the patch and what program are you using?
The official fan translation comes with a Patcher specifically for that game so I imagine it's the correct one and I used it when I wanted to play the game and it worked just fine for me so while I'm not Noi I assume in good faith that the one he's using is the correct one.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You know I just made up that word cause I needed a dumb sounding insult but...

Finkerdinker is actually fun to say.

D

Deleted member

Mhm, my striped dog is trying to steal my grapes.
This is my striped doggo:
E11417F1-FD8D-4C4A-92F7-56173FACFC57.jpeg

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Not petty enough to destroy half of all living things.

Only petty enough to call people names.

You stupid finkerdinker!

I'm teasing if that wasn't obvious
I know you're teasing.

Still hurt my feelings. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom