• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
On the topic of villains, who is everyone's favorite video game villain?

For me, it's definitely Handsome Jack from Borderlands 2. He's quite the compelling character, as he genuinely considers himself to be the hero of the story. Granted, he did start out with good intentions, but eventually went off the deep end. Plus he's hilarious.

Runners-up are Daud from Dishonored and Porky from Earthbound/Mother 3.
:ultkrool:obviously but you probably knew anyways.

D

Deleted member

My Aunt is in the hospital and she's not expected to live another 24 hours
Thank you all for the support btw :yoshi:
You know your girl Lady Haruka is praying for you and your aunt. Our God can work miracles. Let me tell you something: my step-grandmother turns 81 next month and she has gone through a lot of **** the past year: car wreck, fell in her own bathtub, even had her house broken into. But she has made it through and my step-family is glad about it.

Sayonara :kirby:

Graizen

Smash Champion
Wait, you're Brazilian too? I guess that explains why you like Digimon so much then.

Kurapika from HunterXHunter

Speaking of which, how many of you guys know what Kurapika sounds like in Portuguese?

Sometimes I'll try to fit the specific emotional beat or theme I want even if it doesn't so I have to write everything around it and it's a mess.

Also, it's hard for me to decide on a setting or genre but the one thing that's consistent are the characters and their relationshios with one another which mught indicate what I value most of all.
Yes i am

D

Deleted member

Does anyone remember "This is Sparta!" becoming practically an internet sensation?
Memes did not exist at that time.
Kurapika from HunterXHunter

Speaking of which, how many of you guys know what Kurapika sounds like in Portuguese?
It looks like a Fairy Tail character. I promise I have never seen the series before.
Also I do not understand Portuguese, so I do not know. Pikachu?

Last edited by a moderator:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

For me, it's definitely Handsome Jack from Borderlands 2. He's quite the compelling character, as he genuinely considers himself to be the hero of the story. Granted, he did start out with good intentions, but eventually went off the deep end. Plus he's hilarious.

:ultbowser: Between his portrayal in the Mario RPG games and the fact he was the first video game villain I ever saw, he's definitely number 1 for me.

I mostly play Nintendo games, so I don't have experience with too many non-Nintendo villains.

Also Zinith Zinith :
My sincere condolences to you and your family.

D

Deleted member

Does anyone remember "This is Sparta!" becoming practically an internet sensation?
Memes did not exist at that time.

It looks like a Fairy Tail character. I promise I have never seen the series before.
Also I do not understand Portuguese, so I do not know. Pikachu?
Kura sounds just like "Cura" which means "healing" or "heals" but the best part is that Pika is slang for the D-word

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Sora got "leaked"? Neato. Kinda crazy to think we MIGHT get two Square characters in the Fighters Pass.

It seems like the leak is more of a Piggyback of the old one because it also has Joker, Erdrick, Steve, and Doom Slayer. It's always fun to have leaks that contradict each other. Keeps you on your toes.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

'Nuff said

Ah, nah, Puyallup is South from my city and you gotta cut through Seattle.
Oh okay. I was close enough. That would've been a huge coincidence :yoshi:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I'm so sorry to hear that GEY, you have my condolences. Please stay strong.

On another topic, what's this about a Sora leak?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
My personal idea for a villain was a manipulative, spiteful and sadistic pragmatist. He'll screw people over for funsies and revel in it but will never cut off ties to someone he feels is valuable and won't spoil the plan unless he's found a seemingly ironclad path to victory. His motivation? He's a demon. He's made to and wants to hurt people. The only difference is that he's ambitious and wants to be the best demon to have ever existed.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Sora got "leaked"? Neato. Kinda crazy to think we MIGHT get two Square characters in the Fighters Pass.

It seems like the leak is more of a Piggyback of the old one because it also has Joker, Erdrick, Steve, and Doom Slayer. It's always fun to have leaks that contradict each other. Keeps you on your toes.
Wait... what?

When did Sora get "leaked"?

D

Deleted member

I do not care what anyone says, Robbie Rotten is a great villain and better than a handful of other villains.
He was entertaining, and the protagonists always bought up his disguises, and he often learned important lessons. Robbie Rotten actually has a lot of character too. If you all say I am joking, I am not joking.

D

Deleted member

wait what leak? if it's a text leak then pay it no mind

D

Deleted member

Tropes I Avoid Like The Plague:
-Chosen Ones
-Generation Xerox
-"Characters being important because a relative of theirs is important"
-"powerful bloodlines" or anything that paints blood relation as idealized
-Abusive foster parents
-Having "noble thief" characters instead of just outright thieves
-Benevolent royals
-The fire user with a burn scar simply because this is beyond cliche by now

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Umm... this is news to me...

Explain?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Im sorry, ************, did you say sora got "leaked"?

D

Deleted member

Dang it, I hate getting spoiled.
Also Sora has to call the plumbers.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I dug up my old 360 to play some Minecraft.

The controller is unresponsive and it doesn't connect with my new TV correctly.

Feels bad man.

D

Deleted member

Leaks tick me off. They are so hard to avoid and I hate getting spoiled. :glare:
Can you all please put leaks in spoilers?

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord

I really like Dr. Weil from the Megaman Zero series. He's only ever properly introduced in Mega Man Zero 3, but his actions have been directly related to the events of the entire series and even events from before the first game even begins. He tried to help humanity solve the problem of the Mavericks, but he used methods that were too extreme, which resulted in him being punished and isolated from the world due to how destructive he is. He then develops a hatred for every single being in the planet. The reploids for being the ones that started the problem, and humanity for punishing him for his methods. He's so smart that before the beginning of the first game he managed to manipulate every reploid and mechaniloid to work under him, killed about 3/4 of the planet's population, snatched Zero's original body (with all of the abilities he got in the entire X series) and made it his servant, got rid of X, and enslaved a being that generated infinite power. He even manages to manipulate Zero into helping him obtain what he wants a few times. Whenever he shows up in the games, you know that something bad is going to happen. His final battle at the end of the series is also awesome.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Favorite game villain?

GLaDOS and Bowser, they're both amazing. Bowser's my favorite Mario character overall, too. I'd join Bowser's army.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

nipple.PNG

SmashBoards, I have a question.
Is that a nipple?
I dug up my old 360 to play some Minecraft.

The controller is unresponsive and it doesn't connect with my new TV correctly.

Feels bad man.
You can get Minecraft Java for twenty dollars. A steal, I would say.
Also if you want a more modified version, get Bedrock.

I am a Java user.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master

Criminy, I didn't even catch this one. Welp, hope you don't mind if others respond with multiples.

A given and predictable choice, I know, but still a relatable one. Bowser has tons of qualities that make him my favorite villain; he never gives up, is genuinely nice to his minions, is a great parent, has a creative design, and on his best days, is just an all-around cool dude to hang out with. I play him regularly in games he's playable in (my main in Super Mario Party, mind you), and love a large majority of his boss fights (note I said "most," not "all."

As a Shantae fan, Risky is tied with Shantae herself and Bolo as my favorite character from the games. Aside from being a bloody pirate (one souped up on dark magic, no less), she definitely has her moments of hilarity while still maintaining a threatening aura throughout the series, most prominent with her inventions (yes, the TinkerSlug had a misfortunate acronym, but it can still crush you like a bug). If Shantae gets in, I'd be all for Risky following along (read; Richter and Ken have given the go-ahead for more than one third-party fighter per franchise, echo status nonwithstanding).

D

Deleted member

Sora, eh? Better than only Erdrick I guess. This only gets worse for Geno though as the only way I could've seen him maybe getting in is if he was a Second Square rep and Sora's turning out to be the Second rep. R.I.P Geno he couldn't have been even the third Square rep which is funny considering some thought he could be the first or even second. Sora is definitely cool though so I got no problems with him.

D

Deleted member

Tropes I Avoid Like The Plague:
-Chosen Ones
-Generation Xerox
-"Characters being important because a relative of theirs is important"
-"powerful bloodlines" or anything that paints blood relation as idealized
-Abusive foster parents
-Having "noble thief" characters instead of just outright thieves
-Benevolent royals
-The fire user with a burn scar simply because this is beyond cliche by now
I misread that as tropes you always use, I was going to say that the tropes I use are the exact opposite. But then I realized I didn't see that it said "tropes I avoid like the plague" LMAO

D

Deleted member

> "Sora got leaked guys"

Okay, so how come we haven't seen it in the past hour or so get trending, because wouldn't that be the case? Just a simple Instagram picture from an ex-supervisor for Smash got people talking in an instant, and I haven't seen any of this at all around various sites. I'll be on my "Critique That Leak" ****, but when we see some legit stuff come out, I'm calling some BS.

Not to mention, "two Square reps".

...what the **** did I just read.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom