• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Oh goodie, so it's another recycled Toriyama concept?

Snore.

Like the man is a genius, but god this Dragon Quest talk has made me realize just how much he recycles.
I mean, but we don't have that in Smash.

It'd be effectively a mixture of Limit Gauge with Revenge.

Like, if you've already decided that "Erdrick is boring and nothing Sakurai does will convince me otherwise", that's one thing, but this is the same guy who took "The bara furry bait who has gross fingers and is another generic bipedal Fire starter" and turned him into one of the most unique newcomers we've had in Smash period.

I put my faith in Sakurai above all else to make an entertaining character.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Since we're kinda talking about Anime, the only anime I'll ever accept in Smash is if Deku got in, and he's a Pichu echo.

MHA's like the only anime I ever watched besides Pokemon and Beyblade (yuck), don't hurt me.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Oh goodie, so it's another recycled Toriyama concept?

Snore.

Like the man is a genius, but god this Dragon Quest talk has made me realize just how much he recycles.
Dragon Ball had really cool lore going for it but admittedly really lazy, inconsistent, and recycled writing.

Zenkai is literally the most lazy thing I've ever seen in a shonen manga

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Oh gosh I just discovered Etrian Odyssey Nexus has Bikini Armor DLC. And it's day 1. And it's two dollars. I'm not sure if that's sad or hilarious. They aren't even subtle with it. The DLC is litterally called "bikini armor".

I guess I shouldn't be surprised after the hotspring DLC in Untold 2 but yikes.

D

Deleted member

Like, if you've already decided that "Erdrick is boring and nothing Sakurai does will convince me otherwise", that's one thing, but this is the same guy who took "The bara furry bait who has gross fingers and is another generic bipedal Fire starter" and turned him into one of the most unique newcomers we've had in Smash period.

Just give up.
I wish they could, but they just won’t stop bashing on anyone who loves the idea of getting Erdrick in.

I had enough when literally Miiverse as a whole attacked me for being hyped about Cloud back during the Smash 4 days... I don’t want to feel alone again with Erdrick.

Shroob

Sup?
Oh gosh I just discovered Etrian Odyssey Nexus has Bikini Armor DLC. And it's day 1. And it's two dollars. I'm not sure if that's sad or hilarious. They aren't even subtle with it. The DLC is litterally called "bikini armor".

I guess I shouldn't be surprised after the hotspring DLC in Untold 2 but yikes.
It's Etrian Odyssey.

You're surprised there's fanservice of all things?

Just a penguin

Smash Master

entertain=delight
delight=amuse
amuse=make laugh
laugh= joke

Joker confirmed

I'm not wrong

Zeox

Smash Champion
Who’s Dio and Jotaro?
Dio is the main character of the manga and anime "Jojo's Bizarre Adventure", and Jotaro is the protagonist of the same manga and anime.
You should watch it if you don't dislike animus, is good, and gets better the more you watch.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
>Roy is just Marth but with a different hairstyle and hair colour and with flames.
>Luigi is just Mario but green, larger and more flat.
>Daisy is just Peach but orange.
>Bandana Dee is just an orange Kirby without a mouth who wears a spear and a blue bandana.

I can play the same game.
Wait....you think...this conversation is serious?!

@TotsBS I'm coming for your gig, but with Monique Heart instead.

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice
WAIT, since DLC can't change the base game's rating...

Erdrick's Final Smash will be a Puff Puff scene!

Noipoi

Howdy!
Put Porky is Smash.

His Final Smash is Absolutely Safe Capsule. He goes in and the battle never stops.

Ever.

Your game is stuck forever,

Pakky

Smash Hero
Also Nightmare? Meh. KOS-MOS? Now we're talkin'!
I'm kinda always Ivy over Nightmare (Not because of chest fat... Yeah shocker) Because a whip sword is a more creative weapon than an Evil big sword.

KOS-MOS is never a bad choice either honestly.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Put Porky is Smash.

His Final Smash is Absolutely Safe Capsule. He goes in and the battle never stops.

Ever.

Your game is stuck forever,
But Spirits deconfirm and the Absolutely Safe Capsule is a Spirit???

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice
Dio is the main character of the manga and anime "Jojo's Bizarre Adventure", and Jotaro is the protagonist of the same manga and anime.
You should watch it if you don't dislike animus, is good, and gets better the more you watch.
You're telling me the main character of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure isn't Jojo?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Hey, so, I have three characters in my game, and I have no idea who could play them, so if you can do a voice like this, go tell me.

A mischievous young girl voice (about 6)
A mischievous young boy voice (about 6, as well. For reference, use Young Goku.)
A elegant, Woman voice (About 20, think something along the lines of Camilla, with a weird mix of Risky Boots)

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
WAIT, since DLC can't change the base game's rating...

Erdrick's Final Smash will be a Puff Puff scene!
That's actually untrue...

DLC can change a game's rating, and it actually did happen with Smash 4...

Before :4bayonetta:'s inclussion in 4, it listed "Mild Suggestive Themes" as one of the content descriptors.

After her release, it was changed to "Suggestive Themes"

The ESRB does rerate games for DLC, despite popular belief saying otherwise

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm sure whoever it is Sakurai will make them interesting. It's just EVERYTHING the FANS have said about Erdrick leave me really really and truly bored.

But thankfully almost all characters have been removed from what the fans expected for them in Smash and typically for the better.

D

Deleted member

Well let me "un-confuddle" it for you (or make it worse, idk)

Now look at THIS and tell me these aren’t the same series

It’s really crazy how much Araki’s style changed over the years. His modern drawings of Jonathan and Joseph are practically unrecognisable.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It's Etrian Odyssey.

You're surprised there's fanservice of all things?
I mean I'm not surprised, that game series has always had some questionable character portraits. However it's one thing to have a questionable portrait in the base game and another to charge 2$ for a bikini armor as Day 1 DLC.

I'm not really angry over it but it does seem extremely shameless in a way that's almost funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom