• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, I'm getting attached to the idea of a dual release now.

It'd be coming out strong with the first 'batch' of DLC.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
It doesn't matter if Dragon Quest Dude deserves the hate or not. Isabelle didn't deserve the hate, and yet people were pissed when she was revealed for some reason.

People will get mad regardless.
I mean, the thing with Isabelle, was that she had some very unfortunate events regarding her reveal...

The Direct revealing was delayed a week, due to the earthquake, which many upset many people. So when Isabelle, a semi clone was revealled, after all that wait, people got pretty upset...

So much so, that people started making some dumb (and kinda insensitive) excuses, like "Issac was planned for the Direct, but was replaced with Isabelle, because he uses ground powers."

If the Direct had not been delayed, I'd argue that she'd have been received a bit better

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
On the other hand, giant fluffy chicken dragon.

I am the Fell Dragon Grima in this scenario.

And kinda every scenario now that I think about it.

D

Deleted member

As someone who got hyped by Cloud’s reveal for Smash 4, Miiverse was ****ing hell after that trailer.

You literally couldn’t say that you liked his inclussion, because you would get attacked or jumped on by Sony haters, people against third party picks or Sora supporters.

It felt awful to me.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hey people.

Have a nice thing.

That's all, goodbye.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
My problem with Erdrick is I've yet to see anyone say something to me that makes him sound interesting to an outsider.

There's either the pure swordsmen argument or the ''He'll be like Robin."

Well, we already have Robin....why do we need a Dragon Quest variant?

If we're representing one of the best and most acclaimed JRPG series, shouldn't the rep be super original?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My problem with Erdrick is I've yet to see anyone say something to me that makes him sound interesting to an outsider.

Because Toriyama and boomerangs.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
And now, before I walk through the snow back to the train to head home, I leave you all with the best thing I've seen today.

You're welcome.

D

Deleted member

It's not really a shock that Erdrick is getting in, He's from DQ which is the grandfather of all RPG's which Ironicallly means that Geno and Sora came to be because of Erdrick and DQ. DQ is such a huge thing in Japan that it has an Entire Holiday dedicated to it and while that confuses me I can't deny that DQ is without a doubt one of the most influential Video game series on par with Mario and Sonic. Not a Shocker that Eddy is getting in and when it happens GG to the DQ fans.

Pakky

Smash Hero

If we're representing one of the best and most acclaimed JPRG series, shouldn't the rep be super original?
Two words

High Tension

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
That's already been done too. What do you think most of the Square Enix thread consists of?

*ah-hem*

Being serious, there will be a lot of salt among less hardcore fans (lookin' at you Reddit) who aren't in the know about leaks and haven't known about Erdrick for literal months. Either way, I don't think it'll be worse than Corrin or the initial outrage after the Plant's reveal.
Oh trust me, you do not need to remind me how the Squeenix thread can be at times.

But yeah, there are definitely gonna be people who either hate on Erdrick or are just not gonna care about him (like me probably).

I just hope the community doesn't go back to those levels of salt/toxicity.

That's partially why I spend less time in the Squeenix thread and more time socializing here or speculating on other upcoming, less popular fighting games (Granblue Fantasy Versus being the big one here).

College is also a thing too. So...

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I mean, the thing with Isabelle, was that she had some very unfortunate events regarding her reveal...

The Direct revealing was delayed a week, due to the earthquake, which many upset many people. So when Isabelle, a semi clone was revealled, after all that wait, people got pretty upset...

So much so, that people started making some dumb (and kinda insensitive) excuses, like "Issac was planned for the Direct, but was replaced with Isabelle, because he uses ground powers."

If the Direct had not been delayed, I'd argue that she'd have been received a bit better
I get that it was poor timing, but those theories were 100% on them. It was illogical to assume that Nintendo flat out swapped a character AND a game announcement in that short amount of time, ESPECIALLY since there was no Nintendo Direct for the rest of the year.

On top of that, the earthquake theories lasted for far too long, but that's touching a different subject.

Roberk

Smash Champion

If we're representing one of the best and most acclaimed JRPG series, shouldn't the rep be super original?
Likening Erdrick to Robin is like saying Mega Man shouldn't get in because he'd just be a Samus clone. Different size, movement, spells, aesthetic, etc.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It's funny how it's literally just Kaio-ken.
Oh goodie, so it's another recycled Toriyama concept?

Snore.

Like the man is a genius, but god this Dragon Quest talk has made me realize just how much he recycles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom