• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
100 chips down on Joker gameplay + release date for next month and "Brave" trailer if we get a Direct this month, which sends several fanbases spiraling into the abyss of despair all at once knowing that's our 2nd(And probably only other) Square rep.

And when that's done, I expect bargaining, and trying to find loopholes that don't exist as to why Brave is totally not the only Square rep we're getting and they could totally drop a 3rd one as the last reveal to end speculation with a bang because BLAH BLAH BLAH

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
100 chips down on Joker gameplay + release date for next month and "Brave" trailer if we get a Direct this month, which sends several fanbases spiraling into the abyss of despair all at once knowing that's our 2nd(And probably only other) Square rep.

And when that's done, I expect bargaining, and trying to find loopholes that don't exist as to why Brave is totally not the only Square rep we're getting and they could totally drop a 3rd one as the last reveal to end speculation with a bang because BLAH BLAH BLAH
You're acting as if all of this hasn't already been happening.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130

I just want the Square rep out of the way. And the (possible) Microsoft rep too. Then we can finally go on and talk about other companies or possible remaining first party reps.

Shroob

Sup?
Although considering we know Joker and "Brave" are being worked on together right now.

I wouldn't mind a dual release.

I don't think they will since they still have an entire year to stretch out the DLC for(Unless they do another ballot or something), but we at least know that Joker and Brave are being worked on at the same time.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Why must you hurt me so with the coldness that is reality.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What can I say? I tell it like it is.
It's ponycorn, what the hell did you expect?
Pretty much this.
Although considering we know Joker and "Brave" are being worked on together right now.

I wouldn't mind a dual release.

I don't think they will since they still have an entire year to stretch out the DLC for(Unless they do another ballot or something), but we at least know that Joker and Brave are being worked on at the same time.
I think we'll see a dual release. Or at least the two will be close together.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I wonder if Joker and ''Brave" will get a dual trailer if they get a dual release. Like an actual CGI trailer or do we think Brave will be alone?

In that case Erdrick makes a lot of sense compared to other potential Square Reps, considering what Persona and Dragon Quest both are.

Shroob

Sup?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What can I say? I tell it like it is.

Pretty much this.

I think we'll see a dual release. Or at least the two will be close together.
That'd honestly be really cool.

I'm hesitant to pin it as something I'd be willing to go all in on, but at the very least we know from datamining that Joker and Brave had the same basic stuff in the launch version of the game.

Also just, having a perfectly rectangle roster on the character select screen until the last 3 DLC characters would be hella aesthetically pleasing.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
It's gonna happen way more after the reveal if Brave ends up being a Square character.

Can't wait for those "discussions"

Yay.
That's already been done too. What do you think most of the Square Enix thread consists of?

*ah-hem*
SQUARE ENIX IS WORSE THAN EA, BETHESDA, AND UBISOFT COMBINED AND ARE BURNING DOWN ENTIRE INNOCENT NEIGHBORHOODS AND ****** AND PILLAGING AND CLUBBING BABY SEALS AND HOLDING GENO, SORA, CHRONO, AND LARA CROFT CAPTIVE AND ALMOST CUT CLOUD TO SHILL DRAGON QUEST TO THE WEST AGAIN AND THE COMPOSER IS LITERALLY WORSE THAN SATAN AND ERDRICK ****ED MY WIFE AND THEY TOOK THE KIDS PLEASE KAREN I JUST WANT TO SEE THEM ONE MORE TIME
Being serious, there will be a lot of salt among less hardcore fans (lookin' at you Reddit) who aren't in the know about leaks and haven't known about Erdrick for literal months. Either way, I don't think it'll be worse than Corrin or the initial outrage after the Plant's reveal.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
That's already been done too. What do you think most of the Square Enix thread consists of?

*ah-hem*

Being serious, there will be a lot of salt among less hardcore fans (lookin' at you Reddit) who aren't in the know about leaks and haven't known about Erdrick for literal months. Either way, I don't think it'll be worse than Corrin or the initial outrage after the Plant's reveal.
Can't wait for this!

That's not true it's gonna suck.

D

Deleted member

I'm hesitant to pin it as something I'd be willing to go all in on, but at the very least we know from datamining that Joker and Brave had the same basic stuff in the launch version of the game.

Also just, having a perfectly rectangle roster on the character select screen until the last 3 DLC characters would be hella aesthetically pleasing.
You could already do that by stacking echos (at least before P L A N T, idk if it still works) but that came with the disadvantage of not being able to see one of my mains so I didn't do that.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Erdrick's probably gonna be fun

Tbh, I'm gonna be fine with almost any character, at this point

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I wonder if Joker and ''Brave" will get a dual trailer if they get a dual release. Like an actual CGI trailer or do we think Brave will be alone?

In that case Erdrick makes a lot of sense compared to other potential Square Reps, considering what Persona and Dragon Quest both are.
Joker already got his trailer, so I'd throw that out the window. Additionally, Sakurai has stated that he doesn't know if the rest of the DLC characters will even get CGI trailers, so I'd doubt even a solo Brave CGI trailer.
I’m not sure about whether or not we’ll do reveal movies for the other DLC fighters, but I’d like to do what I can (within the realm of possibility) to make sure you all enjoy them.

Most likely Joker will be covered like the Inklings were in the E3 Direct, and Brave will be revealed either after that or at the beginning/end of the presentation.
Erdrick's probably gonna be fun

Tbh I'm gonna be fine with almost any character at this point
Same. I got Joker, and before that I got all of my boys back + Chrom, so I can't complain.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Possibly late, but apparently the Piranha Plant data loss glitch is tied to some SD card brands...namely Samsung

Good thing I have no SD cards in my system right now lmao

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

While I do believe that Joker and Brave could probably be released very close together (due to the data), I'm not sure they would share a trailer.

I'm not sure we would get 2 3rd party characters revealed in a single trailer. Only :ultken::ultincineroar: have shared a trailer (:ultpalutena::ultdarkpit: too, but :ultdarkpit: wasn't officially confirmed until later on) and :ultken: was an echo fighter.

I could see them pulling a :ultmewtwo::ultlucas:, where they revealed gameplay for both characters in the same Direct, but in separate trailers.

D

Deleted member

EGGMAN:I’ve come to make an announcement shadow the hedgehogs a....

Last edited by a moderator:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It doesn't matter if Dragon Quest Dude deserves the hate or not. Isabelle didn't deserve the hate, and yet people were pissed when she was revealed for some reason.

People will get mad regardless.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
It doesn't matter if Dragon Quest Dude deserves the hate or not. Isabelle didn't deserve the hate, and yet people were pissed when she was revealed for some reason.

People will get mad regardless.
>A new user
>Expressing a completely reasonable opinion

We need more people like you. Great Avatar btw.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Just hope Edrick is sort of an embodiment of DQ instead just being from that entry in the series he's from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom