• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
If you can guess the Pokemon i'm thinking of, i'll summon the direct.

Your hint is Darkness.
:215: is the only applicable answer.

To everything.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Well? Out with it!
I wonder what they are.

Today I need as many good news as possible.
I wonder what it is?
Spit it out.:4pacman:
stop hyping them up soon they'll think you know the secret date of the direct
I'm actually a vessel of Xehanort

I'm sorry, I had to go change a light bulb real quick, haha.

I think I finally got a new job after almost three months of searching! Hopefully that means no more worrying about money!

D

Deleted member

I think I finally got a new job after almost three months of searching! Hopefully that means no more worrying about money!
Hell yeah!
Great news indeed!

Hoping that you do great on it!

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
On the topic of Smash it feels like I'm not improving any recently so I'm kind of behind of most people in terms of Skill but I try my best. most people have really fast reaction time but that's my biggest problem I just don't have very quick reaction time. Any tips on improving reaction time?
Honestly the best tip I can give you is to know what defensive options you have when you're in a disadvantage state or when you are being rushed down.
The game isn't too fast, and it's not really reacting that a lot of pro players do, it's more of knowing what their opponents are going to do.

For example, I have fought many many clouds these last few years. I know that if a run up and look like I'm going to commit to a ground attack, he's probably gonna short hop nair. I can use this to my advantage and make a play specifically tailored to that. For example, I can roll back or stop short and shoot a projectile. Or I could get a free shield grab.

The only way I see you building a good reaction time is just to get hit a lot and see what you could've done better, then apply it to future situations

Just a penguin

Smash Master

How many Sabrinas does it take to change a light bulb?
Just one, but in the meantime, 100% hype is achieved.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyey! Congrats!

:insert gif of isabelle with a party popper here:

D

Deleted member

Congrats!

Pakky

Smash Hero

Big fat congrats, job hunts are rough. Mentally and physically

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432

Congrats! I hope you enjoy your new job.
Curiosity killed the cat...

...and killed it again.
tsk tsk tsk. We warned ya, dude.

D

Deleted member

Honestly the best tip I can give you is to know what defensive options you have when you're in a disadvantage state or when you are being rushed down.
The game isn't too fast, and it's not really reacting that a lot of pro players do, it's more of knowing what their opponents are going to do.

For example, I have fought many many clouds these last few years. I know that if a run up and look like I'm going to commit to a ground attack, he's probably gonna short hop nair. I can use this to my advantage and make a play specifically tailored to that. For example, I can roll back or stop short and shoot a projectile. Or I could get a free shield grab.

The only way I see you building a good reaction time is just to get hit a lot and see what you could've done better, then apply it to future situations
How would I go about seeing what I did wrong, like do I just save a clip and make notes on what I should've done better then practice?

D

Deleted member

What did I miss for 46 pages? Something good, I assume?
owo drama and a minor thread shutdown

That's really good news! I'm glad to hear it and I wish you the best.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
How would I go about seeing what I did wrong, like do I just save a clip and make notes on what I should've done better then practice?
When you get hit, just ask yourself why you got hit. What were you doing when you get hit there? Did you commit too hard to an attack? Did you try to punish them with a move that was too slow? Did you hit them with a move that isn't safe on shield? Did you shield too much and get grabbed? Are you not rushing down enough with a character who's tool set requires it?

Ask these questions when you get hit, and just try to change any habits you have for future matches

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay folks, I need four people to give me a letter and a number from 1-100.

This will be fun.

D

Deleted member

When you get hit, just ask yourself why you got hit. What were you doing when you get hit there? Did you commit too hard to an attack? Did you try to punish them with a move that was too slow? Did you hit them with a move that isn't safe on shield? Did you shield too much and get grabbed? Are you not rushing down enough with a character who's tool set requires it?

Ask these questions when you get hit, and just try to change any habits you have for future matches
Aight, Thanks for the Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom